The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

PS - usually you can finance home projects or the well-diggers will directly do credit - my parents had to dig a well and they signed up with the well-diggers for credit. I think it was steep interest but...you gotta have water.

My credit union approved us for 6k, but at almost 10%.

i can borrow from my Mom, but...

Not like we weren't monetarily tight already. :(

Ok, just tonight as I was closing up the store we had the usual case of people coming in at the last minute and taking thier ****ing time in wandering around. But tonight hd an added twist. The part timer goes up to the remaining two people that are still in the store a few minutes after closing time and tells them that it's past closing time (in fact, every other store in the mall is closed). Thier response?

"Oh don't worry, we're not going to but anything."

My thoughts when hearing this: "THEN WHAT THE #@$% ARE YOU STILL DOING IN THE STORE YOU #$@%@$%@@$!$@$$&%&%*%$@$#!!!!!!?"

Why are people so stupid? Why?

It left me wanting pound my head into the counter repeatedly.

where do you work?

(and I had to drag my mom out of Michales today cause it was 5 min after they called everyone to the front. she got annoyed with me but eh. We did buy $50 worth of stuff though)

where do you work?

(and I had to drag my mom out of Michales today cause it was 5 min after they called everyone to the front. she got annoyed with me but eh. We did buy $50 worth of stuff though)

Discovery Channel Store.

Or better yet' date=' pounding THEIR heads against the counter repeatedly...[/quote']

You have no idea how much I'd love to do something like that. There was a point where I wanted to go on a crazed homicidal rampage leaving a trail of bloodied corpses in my wake.

But ever since I saw Revenge of the Sith I find myself asking "where's a lightsaber when you need one?"

I once had a dream where I locked obnoxious customers in the store and terrorize them all night. I dreamt it years after I had stopped working at the store, which was actually the gift shop of the San Francisco Mission (yes, the church).

Josh hadn't touched the dishes ALL weekend, and when I went to tackle them (they'd piled up . . . AGAIN), I cut my finger on a very sharp knife HE'd put in there! He offered to get me a band-aid, but those never stay on when you're elbow deep in dishwater.

It's not like it's anything more than a vague inconvenience, but the principle of the thing has me fuming.

And I HAD been planning on seducing him before he went to work tonight. Hmph.

So I'm in one of the cat buildings the tours come in to. There are some cats that really shouldn't interact with the public, but the tours are told that they need to pay attention to what not to do.

There's always bound to be someone who thinks "But I'm a cat lover, they'll never hurt me"

This one stupid lady kept insisting on petting this one cat. The cat isn't too bad, but is known to fly off the handle and give severe scratches and occasional bites. The tour guide and I are saying, don't touch that cat. Thankfully the cat didn't lash out before the tour guide removed the tour from the building.

And I don't know why we have semi-dangerous cats where tours go through. I'm just glad the really psycho cat was in the other room.

And I had just cleaned that area. I hate mopping up blood.

Ok, just tonight as I was closing up the store we had the usual case of people coming in at the last minute and taking thier ****ing time in wandering around. But tonight hd an added twist. The part timer goes up to the remaining two people that are still in the store a few minutes after closing time and tells them that it's past closing time (in fact, every other store in the mall is closed). Thier response?

"Oh don't worry, we're not going to but anything."

My thoughts when hearing this: "THEN WHAT THE #@$% ARE YOU STILL DOING IN THE STORE YOU #$@%@$%@@$!$@$$&%&%*%$@$#!!!!!!?"

Why are people so stupid? Why?

Today I was waiting for a friend to close up shop. This guy comes in just seconds during closing time. I just told him we were closed, period.

Such as?

Here's an example of one of my work logs from today...

E-mailed user the [name of the shortcut link]

User was unable to cut-and-paste link

Had user create a new Shortcut - read him the filename - user got error "Cannot connect" (was typing it in wrong)

Got permission from [supervisor] to use NetMeeting.

User did not know how to accept an incomming NetMeeting call.

Had user connect to me.

Via NetMeeting, showed user how to copy-and-paste link - created [shortcut]

Here's an example of one of my work logs from today...

E-mailed user the [name of the shortcut link]

User was unable to cut-and-paste link

Had user create a new Shortcut - read him the filename - user got error "Cannot connect" (was typing it in wrong)

Got permission from [supervisor] to use NetMeeting.

User did not know how to accept an incomming NetMeeting call.

Had user connect to me.

Via NetMeeting, showed user how to copy-and-paste link - created [shortcut]

From someone who has been there, you have my sympathy.

And for that matter, I'm kinda back there again, since I'm pretty much the IS support guy at my new job...