The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Once again, stuck home today, and not just because of the car being fixed, but me having a headache that could kill a small moose.

It turns out not being at work was the right call, though. Our desk got slammed with calls because of a company wide virus outbreak. For those of you have have LJs, you can read all about it here: http://www.livejournal.com/community/techsupport/782076.html

There is one quote in that thread which so perfectly sums it up...

It feels much like an unlubricated spiked sex toy made of low quality balsa wood, fed into you from the wrong end by a hideously obese bearded circus freak.

If I could reach through my computer to strangle a coworker in another office, I would:

Me: “next time you talk to them, please clarify if their report of Bromide Level is for ppm Br-, or ppm CaBr2.â€

Purchasing Guy: “The letters say Bromide. I'm sure that is it.â€

Me: “Well, we suspect they mean Bromide ion (Br-), but wondered if they might instead mean Calcium Bromide (CaBr2).â€

Purchasing Guy: “I can't imagine [supplier] putting out an announcement to the world, that doesn't say what they mean.â€

I just said that they didn't say what they meant! So they did put out an announcement that didn't say what they mean! Gah!

i am tired of being sick. I wish all the sniveling brats-- I mean dear little children' date=' of course-- at my son's school would keep their germs to themselves...[/quote']

I know what you mean. The parents often send their kids to the center I work in even when they're sick. They're too sick to go to school, but not too sick to come to us? A coworker often refers to them as "Typhoid Marys and Josephs."

gah, a friend is being snippy and a jerk right now...so I will vent. Because it's been a long time building.

I'm sorry that you think your life is godawful and that "I" don't know what what it's like to be alone.

I'm sorry you feel like I've always had a wonderful life because I just so happen to be doing well now and therefore can't possibly know what you are going through, dispite the fact that my life has been more than twice as bad as yours.

I'm sorry that you feel like I need to write a paragraph explaining my sympathie when you complaign that there is no one is around to cry on the shoulder of.

I'm sorry that you feel that "sincere sympathy can not be expressed in one word"

I'm sorry yesterday was my last day of work and I got a bonus so it was a good day, while you got home from your two week war trip and burned your hand. I'm sorry you had a really good time, but missed seeing the girl you are currently chasing because you can't bear to exist without someone else to live for, because she is goign to singapore.

I'm sorry that I told you it was your choice to go to pensic when you knew you might not see her before she left and it was therefore not entirely out of your hands.

Yes, I'm sorry I did laundry all day today instead of not paying attention and rearending someone who pulled out in front of me.

And I'm double sorry that my car still works just fine.

I'm sorry that I'm excited about tomorrow because the person I love will be close by and I may see him friday.

I'm sorry you feel like I'm rubbing your face in your solitude because the person you have choosen is moving away as all of us (meaning all 12 of your close friends) are finally come together again.

I'm sorry things don't ALWAYS work out for you. Life sucks. Mine as much as yours.

I'm sorry you feel like life hates you.

I'm sorry that I am happy for once in my life and you are unhappy because I'm not wallowing in self pity with you.

I'm sorry you can't live for yourself or see that you are a decent person and that you have to define yourself by other people.

I'm sorry that you feel that lving for yourself is prideful and therefore a sin.

Just please stop being so snippy with me. Please. I'm sick of it.

If you don't want help, stop comign to me and asking for it. Admit you like feelign miserable and the sympathy you get. Or try to change for the better.

Just stop taking it out on me whenever you're in a rut!!

/rant

The saga of the labels continues.

To summarize: over 2 weeks ago, I ordered labels for my office. I called back 3 times to ask when they would get here and how much they'd cost, and finally got an answer on the 3rd try. They said they'd be here by last Friday (the 12th).

Friday came and went with no labels in sight, and now we were nearly out. So I called them again, a couple of times, before I got the answer that they were sending them on Wednesday, and would call me when they shipped.

No call on Wednesday.

They FINALLY arrived today . . . all 36 rolls. I ordered 50.

So. If anyone can refer me to a company where I could order rolls of 1" x 1.5" direct thermal sticky labels where it would cost around $2.50/roll for 1500 labels, I'd appreciate it. This hassle is NOT worth it!

On top of that, someone got b****y at me this morning for doing my job the way I've been doing it for the last year. "Well, why didn't you tell me?" Wanted to reply, "Why can't you be civil so we can work this thing out? Why didn't you friggin' LISTEN?"

Grr. Rain + sleep deprivation = grumbly owl.

The saga of the labels continues.

To summarize: over 2 weeks ago, I ordered labels for my office. I called back 3 times to ask when they would get here and how much they'd cost, and finally got an answer on the 3rd try. They said they'd be here by last Friday (the 12th).

Friday came and went with no labels in sight, and now we were nearly out. So I called them again, a couple of times, before I got the answer that they were sending them on Wednesday, and would call me when they shipped.

No call on Wednesday.

They FINALLY arrived today . . . all 36 rolls. I ordered 50.

So. If anyone can refer me to a company where I could order rolls of 1" x 1.5" direct thermal sticky labels where it would cost around $2.50/roll for 1500 labels, I'd appreciate it. This hassle is NOT worth it!

On top of that, someone got b****y at me this morning for doing my job the way I've been doing it for the last year. "Well, why didn't you tell me?" Wanted to reply, "Why can't you be civil so we can work this thing out? Why didn't you friggin' LISTEN?"

Grr. Rain + sleep deprivation = grumbly owl.

On the labels, I wish I could. When I was still at the hospital pharmacy, we used direct thermal labels, and had a major pain the the butt keeping them in stock. I don't think we actually ran out of them at any point while I was there, but we came VERY close several times. The problem is that they are contractually obligated to use a specific vendor (contract with a University Hospital association they belong to) and the vendor knows it, so give CRAPPY service. And this is in a situation where if we do run out of labels we go from machine printed labels for meds (IVs and oral meds, litterally thousands per day) to the Pharmacists having to hand write labels for all meds going out.

Sorry, not a solution, but a co-rant.

A quick glance at magicninjas shows that that's actually kind of a compliment. I certainly wouldn't want to be complimented by the sort of people who post there. It's like a website where everyone is Mightybec' date=' only without the sense of humor.[/quote']

. . . In other words, rectal headgears, the lot of them. :thumbdown

A quick glance at magicninjas shows that that's actually kind of a compliment. I certainly wouldn't want to be complimented by the sort of people who post there. It's like a website where everyone is Mightybec' date=' only without the sense of humor.[/quote']

Apt description. Very apt. And I feel kinda bad for Shadowpup, who I know was just trying to help and got me kinda stomped on in the process.

. . . In other words' date=' rectal headgears, the lot of them.[/quote']

Probably.

It's weird, I know I shouldn't give a toss for what they think, but I was really hurt by those two cracks.

Oh well...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Apt description. Very apt. And I feel kinda bad for Shadowpup, who I know was just trying to help and got me kinda stomped on in the process.

Oh well...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Yeah, sorry about that. I thought they'd like it, the bastards. Oh well, they're young, bitter, and in many ways stupid but every once in a while they make me laugh.

I'm sorry for causing you any pain. I hope everybody knows I wouldn't do that intentionally.

Well, I ate some Lean Cuisine and I no longer hunger. But I finally got around to hooking up my G4 mac server at home after having to move it for last week's carpet cleaning. It came up fine, I went to install the latest security update, and... click-click, click-click, click-click, click-click... Uh-oh. Sure enough, the drive is dead as a ****ing doornail.

Well, at least there was nothing of importance on there to begin with. This time I will install two drives and mirror them.

Well' date=' I ate some Lean Cuisine and I no longer hunger. But I finally got around to hooking up my G4 mac server at home after having to move it for last week's carpet cleaning. It came up fine, I went to install the latest security update, and... [i']click-click, click-click, click-click, click-click...[/i] Uh-oh. Sure enough, the drive is dead as a ****ing doornail.

Well, at least there was nothing of importance on there to begin with. This time I will install two drives and mirror them.

Hmm. It's been a while. Maybe I should do some preemptive back-ups this weekend. It's been not quite a year since I was unemployed, and I was in that state when the backups last happened.

Not quite cranky, but definitely amused/puzzled...

The MagicNinjas.com thread that Shadowpup started has mysteriously gone bye-bye.

Although I AM cranky about the supervisors at work having a SHOUTING MATCH NOT THREE FEET FROM MY CHAIR!

Grrrrrrr...

And my shoulder is killing me. I think I need at least five or six different people to come out and work on it, John's only got so much upper body strength...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Not quite cranky, but definitely amused/puzzled...

The MagicNinjas.com thread that Shadowpup started has mysteriously gone bye-bye.

Although I AM cranky about the supervisors at work having a SHOUTING MATCH NOT THREE FEET FROM MY CHAIR!

Grrrrrrr...

And my shoulder is killing me. I think I need at least five or six different people to come out and work on it, John's only got so much upper body strength...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

What's the dress code when I come over to help with the shoulder? :D