The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Not quite cranky, but definitely amused/puzzled...

The MagicNinjas.com thread that Shadowpup started has mysteriously gone bye-bye.

Although I AM cranky about the supervisors at work having a SHOUTING MATCH NOT THREE FEET FROM MY CHAIR!

Grrrrrrr...

And my shoulder is killing me. I think I need at least five or six different people to come out and work on it, John's only got so much upper body strength...

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

I got strong, sensitive fingers. My family has produced many an excellent baker . . . I could kneed you!

I swear, if I ever win the lottery, I'm hiring a full-time masseuse.

And it's not quite cranky, more like depressingly morose... I have started getting back responses from the 'con coordinators about advertising there, and I realize that I have NOWHERE near the kind of money it would take to really get the word out. (For example, the event coordinator at Ubercon VI just wrote back, and for a business-size b/w ad in the program is $350!!! ARGHHHH!!!!)

Although, thankfully, to advertise at I-CON and AC3 for the same type of ad is $35 and $65, respectively, much more affordable.

Maybe I should offer a free t-shirt to any Hero member going to a con to take my flyers with me... nope, strike that, I don't have enough money for that, either.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Argh... what did I do to deserve this?

Got clobbered Sunday with a cold (yes, even in August in Phoenix one can still catch a cold), which now has turned into full-blown laryngitis on top of it. Which of course makes doing phone support nearly impossible, so that's two days of work down the tubes.

However, I have gotten a few emails that will turn into sales (I also check my work mail from home) so the days won't be total losses, but still... I can only pray I'm not going to miss tomorrow as well, I'll get killed if I do.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

While I blew my nose today (got a bad cold) instead of a pile of snot like I was expecting' date=' a glob of almost pure blood came out of my nostril. Very surprised and quite shocked. My lifeforce was escaping from my nose :eek:[/quote']

Missed that - sorry! Good luck on feeling better soon, I have a cold but it's really not that bad besides being a bit fatigued from the con.