The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Cranky, huh? Okay, how about this. My eleven year old daughter wants to learn how to play RPGs. So I have been taking things over with her, filling her in on what its all about, talking about a character, Champions, of course. So what does the wife tell me when my daughter is out of the room? "I don't want her to play because she'll end up hanging out with geeks and nerds."

Yeah, that make ME cranky.

Cranky, huh? Okay, how about this. My eleven year old daughter wants to learn how to play RPGs. So I have been taking things over with her, filling her in on what its all about, talking about a character, Champions, of course. So what does the wife tell me when my daughter is out of the room? "I don't want her to play because she'll end up hanging out with geeks and nerds."

Yeah, that make ME cranky.

Either way, she'll hang out with who she wants and for reasons that may (or may not) be hard to discern. And besides, what's wrong with geeks and nerds? They're often quite successful later in life compared to peers classified as "jocks" or "losers" or other such cliques.

Anyway, all rhetorical stuff, hope this gets settled well. Funny how some parents are wrapped up in their kids being more accepted than they were (or are just wrapped up in them being accepted, I guess, regardless of relative to what they were).

Show your wife some of the threads on these boards. There a lot of great ideas in here, which are well thought-out and well written. She may change her mind.

It may be prudent not to show her the NGD board, though.

Wife: "Honey, what is this one?"

GA: "NO!!! DON'T GO THERE!!!!"

Wife:*Pale, shaking*"Who or what is Mightybec?"

GA:"This was not a good Idea...."

stressed more than cranky...

Impending doom the form of Organic Chemistry Test looming my way. Possible Doom of Genetic Analysis test averted, or so I will believe until my test gets back and tries to prove me otherwise. Evolutionary Genetics Weekly paper...yet to be done for tomorrow!

That and RHPS is into the final moves and I have yet to get James to take me to go buy a corset, wich I NEED ASAP! Other thn that my costume is done. Except the shoes. Evil Shoes. Where the Hell am I supposed to find WHITE shoes in a 12 that don't cost an arm and a leg?!

Oh well...must go to rehersal.

I've been waking up these last two months with no feeling in my hand, usually the left. Maybe I've been sleeping on that side, but I always wake up lying on my back just as I did when I fell asleep. Sometimes I can flex my fingers; other times I have to manually straighten them out with my other hand.

On Sunday, the first two fingers of my hand started feeling weird, like they're on pins and needles. It's Thursday night, and the sensation hasn't gone away.

I've been waking up these last two months with no feeling in my hand, usually the left. Maybe I've been sleeping on that side, but I always wake up lying on my back just as I did when I fell asleep. Sometimes I can flex my fingers; other times I have to manually straighten them out with my other hand.

On Sunday, the first two fingers of my hand started feeling weird, like they're on pins and needles. It's Thursday night, and the sensation hasn't gone away.

GET TO A DOCTOR NOW and have it checked out. While I doubt it is a heart attack (not being this slow) It needs to be checked ASAP before you lose the use of your arm.