The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My Italian bosses (currently working for Agip KCO) are driving me up the wall. They cannot hold a conversation at less than 50db. The Israeli's over in Bateman are almost as excitable and the Kazakhs... The Kazakhs, as direct descendents of Genghiz blasted Khan are just as loud BUT, they scream from 2 inches in front of your face. Toe to toe is their standard business conversation distance.

The money is magnificent, the job is good, but my superiors? Aaaaaah!

Tomorrow afternoon at 4PM EDT is my first meeting with the lawyer to get the process of my divorce well and truly under way. And as if this wasn't painful enough, not only are memories and feelings from growing up with divorced parents are coming out to play, but the sympathy-pangs of friends, loved ones and acquaintances who went through/are-now-enduring divorce are popping in for a visit.

::sighs::

And obviously, the emotional pain I'm dealing with just wasn't good enough, because I also have a physically-painful headache that is roaring like the 20's.

Bugger.

Lawyer involved just because it is a good idea, or is this being/likely to be an ugly divorce?

Lawyer involved just because it is a good idea' date=' or is this being/likely to be an ugly divorce?[/quote']

At first, it was just because it was a good idea. However, she hasn't spoken to me, written to me, nor replied to any of my messages in over 2 months.

Something tells me this is going to get ugly.

The fact that there was a nasty hailstorm while I was talking to the lawyer didn't soothe me at all. It's hard to not take it as an omen - this was only the 2nd or 3rd hailstorm I've seen in 12+ years of living in this area.

Why is it I always, always get to sit near the obnoxious people on the bus when I'm exhausted? Yesterday, it was a group of loudmouthed teenaged girls. Tonight it was this crazy guy who kept trying to get on my nerves until I threatened to backhand him.

At first, it was just because it was a good idea. However, she hasn't spoken to me, written to me, nor replied to any of my messages in over 2 months.

Something tells me this is going to get ugly.

The fact that there was a nasty hailstorm while I was talking to the lawyer didn't soothe me at all. It's hard to not take it as an omen - this was only the 2nd or 3rd hailstorm I've seen in 12+ years of living in this area.

That sucks, but then again, you already knew that. Best of luck on having things turn out better than you expect.

One of our subcontractors security guards hung himself off of the main east west piperack just before lunch. That was 6 hours ago and he's still swaying up there. The temperatuer has been around +43C all afternoon... Ugh. Can't take him down till the police arrive. At least they've arranged a tent around the body, but it's nasty.

:eek:

I give up. The resolution lasted all of a week. But after the news of my car ($1200 in repairs on a car I haven't even paid off yet) and the news at the dentist's (root canal needed, scheduled for Tuesday the 26th), I'm starting to think that's something's conspiring to put me in a lousy mood. So I give up; I'm bloody cranky. :mad:

That sucks' date=' but then again, you already knew that. Best of luck on having things turn out better than you expect.[/quote']

I have been more than generous and fair with her - and I'm still willing to do such if she would just talk to me. But if it comes to blows, my hope is that once I fire my opening salvo, she'll see that I mean business, and will then start talking to me out of enlightened self-interest. I don't want to be The Bastard with a woman I love, care about, and spent 12 years of my life with for better and for worse and in sikness or in health.

That having been said, I will not be The Doormat, either. I will stand up for myself, and do what I must to protect my interests.

O patron-saint of sore feet, Mighty TKDGuy, hear me now as I'm in bloody, bloody agony.

Midnight Sun Summer Keiko, our yearly Kendo training camp, has as guest sensei Harada-san, 6-dan, of the Fukuoka police. And I busted my foot on the first day.

Aargh.

O patron-saint of sore feet, Mighty TKDGuy, hear me now as I'm in bloody, bloody agony.

Midnight Sun Summer Keiko, our yearly Keno training camp, has as guest sensei Harada-san, 6-dan, of the Fukuoka police. And I busted my foot on the first day.

Aargh.

Healing rep (and best wishes) sent.

Midnight Sun Summer Keiko, our yearly Kendo training camp, has as guest sensei Harada-san, 6-dan, of the Fukuoka police. And I busted my foot on the first day.

Aargh.

Hey, I'm with you. I had ankle surgery 22 days ago. Was told I had to have my foot elevated above my heart (such a convenient position) for 23 hours/day for 10 days. Well, it's 12 days after that, and I still have my foot elevated above my heart for, oh, at least 20 hours/day. I'm now to the point where it doesn't hurt when I put it down as long as I don't leave it down too long, but it's been replaced with @#$!!!!!!!!! itchiness.

Got a new cast last week and got to see the incision. The "small incision" the surgeon talked about turned out to be about three inches long on the inside of my ankle and 2 1/2 on the outside. Small? Small?

Hey, I'm with you. I had ankle surgery 22 days ago. Was told I had to have my foot elevated above my heart (such a convenient position) for 23 hours/day for 10 days. Well, it's 12 days after that, and I still have my foot elevated above my heart for, oh, at least 20 hours/day. I'm now to the point where it doesn't hurt when I put it down as long as I don't leave it down too long, but it's been replaced with @#$!!!!!!!!! itchiness.

Got a new cast last week and got to see the incision. The "small incision" the surgeon talked about turned out to be about three inches long on the inside of my ankle and 2 1/2 on the outside. Small? Small?

On the good side, the itchiness generally means that it is healing. And yes, I know that doesn't help... :)

Just remember that "small" is a relative term. I don't know what surgery you had done, but if two roughly 3" incisions is small, I'm guessing before whatever advances they were using it was a LOT more.

Hmm. You would think if you're asked to install an All-In-One printer, installing the SW for the scanner & fax would be a given.

But then what do you expect from a guy that figures a bad Active-X control is actually either a bad keyboard or that lighting must of struck the cable. :nonp: