The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

On the good side, the itchiness generally means that it is healing. And yes, I know that doesn't help... :)

Just remember that "small" is a relative term. I don't know what surgery you had done, but if two roughly 3" incisions is small, I'm guessing before whatever advances they were using it was a LOT more.

Had ankle ligament reconstruction. Tore two ligaments in my ankle playing basketball almost two years ago. As it hurt the arch of my foot when I walked, I logically went to a podiatrist, who looked at my foot, gave me a wrong diagnosis, and sent me on my way. After failing to get through to him, I went to a second podiatrist, who looked at my foot, gave me a wrong diagnosis, and sent me on my way. After failing to get through to him either, I went to an orthopedic surgeon, who looked at my foot, and then asked me, "has anyone ever checked your ankle?" I said "no", he looked at my ankle, and within five minutes I had an X-ray, a scheduled MRI, and an accurate diagnosis.

I am now reasonably convinced that if you are (A) a moron and (B) desirous of getting a medical degree, then podiatry is most definitely the specialty for you.

My knee still hurts after six months, and nothing was broken. Of course, both knees are in less than perfect condition; I just happened to injure my left one.

I can walk, run, and even kick without any problem. But going up and down the stairs, now that hurts!

Dear Crazy Japanese Lady,

If you must feel compelled to sermonize and prostheletyze (sp?) restaurant workers while they're at work, and thusly would jeopardize their employment if they were to tell you to stop (which is obnoxious enough), PLEASE do so at some other time or place than the middle of lunch in a drive-through lane.

Thanks,

HUMANITY.

I am such an idiot!

I'm in charge of fixing the schedule for the next day, which I do just before leaving work. I was already in the train station on my way home, when I realized I made a big mistake.

So instead of sleeping in tomorrow on my day off, I have to be in the office before opening time to correct my mistake.

Brother-in-law is still in the hospital. Non-responding staph infection after back surgery. Dunno if this is as life-threatening as my first message; my mom tends to exaggerate. Hope not. Their second child is about three months old.

Brother-in-law is still in the hospital. Non-responding staph infection after back surgery. Dunno if this is as life-threatening as my first message; my mom tends to exaggerate. Hope not. Their second child is about three months old.

Ick.

Oddly enough, my little brother is having problems with an infection of some kind after having back surgery as well. He was re-admitted for three days shortly after being released after his surgery, and is currently giving himself IV antibiotics at home.

Best of luck on you BIL's recovery!

My last night timeline:

10pm. Start playing Pokemon Diamond. Win third and fourth gym badges (woo!)

10:45pm. Stomach starts to hurt.

11pm. Turn off DS, take Pepto, try to go to sleep to be at work at 8am.

12:30. Wake up with horrible stomach cramp.

12:45am. Vomit. Reluctant to call in sick, I don't call work and try to go back to bed.

2:00am. Very hungry (wonder why that was?). Get snack.

3:00am. Wake up with stomach cramps.

3:30am. Vomit. May contain blood, but since my snack was red (Strawberry Pop-Tarts), I can't be sure.

4am. Wife, whom I woke up with the vomitting, calls in sick for me because the lining of my esophagus and throat is toast and I sound like a frog. Lie back down. Stomach won't stop hurting.

5am. Wife is awake, so I go take more Pepto and sit in the living room. Stomach stops hurting so much.

6am. Very hungry (still not sure why) ... but know better than to eat everything.

Hope everybody else's day is going better than mine.

Ick.

Oddly enough, my little brother is having problems with an infection of some kind after having back surgery as well. He was re-admitted for three days shortly after being released after his surgery, and is currently giving himself IV antibiotics at home.

Best of luck on you BIL's recovery!

Well, they're concerned about staph having got into the cerebrospinal fluid, which can be pretty lethal. But he's off the critical list. Still looking at two to ten more days of hospitalization, though.

Some nut-job says he hacked Bloomsbury Publishing and posted death spoilers for the new Harry Potter book over at insecure.org. My kids came across the spoilers because the site information was given on scifi.com. The internet ticks me off sometimes. :(

The Management of my apartment complex has sent out two notices to everyone in my building and the next one telling them to stop throwing butts on the ground. It has done no good whatsoever. Today a neighbor called the Fire Department because a butt had set the woodchips in the beds on the ground on fire. This is not the first time this has happened. I don't know what they can do besides send out more notices, which will also be ignored. (Neither OddHat nor I smoke) I think they should tell the Smokers they'll be evicted if they don't stop throwing butts on the ground. I doubt that's legal though.

My application to the New Place is in the mail. They'll get it Monday. We cannot wait to get out of here.

Some nut-job says he hacked Bloomsbury Publishing and posted death spoilers for the new Harry Potter book over at insecure.org. My kids came across the spoilers because the site information was given on scifi.com. The internet ticks me off sometimes. :(

I was told it turned out to be a hoax. I haven't heard anything more about it, though.

I was told it turned out to be a hoax. I haven't heard anything more about it' date=' though.[/quote']

I don't doubt that it's a hoax, but it still makes my kids cranky, and they make my wife cranky, and that trickles down to me when she makes me cranky. :)

There's this woman I've worked with somewhat at work. She's actually intelligent, capable, and reasonable and, considering she works in the regulatory affairs division, that's incredibly rare. Probably the best QA person they have, tough but not idiotically stubborn.

Find out last week that her husband died in an accident. 38 years old. They have three kids under the age of 10. Horrible story, but gets worse. There's a new email today that somebody has set up a fund for them at their church because HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY LIFE INSURANCE.

YOU HAVE THREE CHILDREN. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU HAVE LIFE INSURANCE?

I can't even conceive of this. Your job as a parent is to take care of your children no matter what. Even if you die.

I can't even conceive of this. Your job as a parent is to take care of your children no matter what. Even if you die.

Because of family medical history and bad blood chemistry stuff, I was first refused life insurance when I was in my early 40's, shortly after my 2nd child was born. I already had some in place (they can't take back what they've already sold you), but all my life insurance since then has been group coverage through employers. So it's not completely impossible that he couldn't get any, but it's unlikely.

There's this woman I've worked with somewhat at work. She's actually intelligent, capable, and reasonable and, considering she works in the regulatory affairs division, that's incredibly rare. Probably the best QA person they have, tough but not idiotically stubborn.

Find out last week that her husband died in an accident. 38 years old. They have three kids under the age of 10. Horrible story, but gets worse. There's a new email today that somebody has set up a fund for them at their church because HE DIDN'T HAVE ANY LIFE INSURANCE.

Heck, I don't have any kids (yet), but I still have life insurance through work. And have my wife covered through my job as well.