The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Here it is, past 2 AM, and I cannot sleep.

... and I need to get ready for work in less than 4 hours.

... and I can't take the day off, because I have already used all my sick-leave thanks to other such bouts with insomnia.

Feh.

Here it is, past 2 AM, and I cannot sleep.

... and I need to get ready for work in less than 4 hours.

... and I can't take the day off, because I have already used all my sick-leave thanks to other such bouts with insomnia.

Feh.

I constantly suffer from insomnia myself, so I feel your pain. Hopefully, you'll sleep better tonight.

I constantly suffer from insomnia myself' date=' so I feel your pain. Hopefully, you'll sleep better tonight.[/quote']

I did... but only because I took a pill last night. Of course, I'm aslo dragging slightly because of it.

I did... but only because I took a pill last night. Of course' date=' I'm aslo dragging slightly because of it.[/quote']

I tend to do that too. It doesn't always work. I also don't want to take sleep aids every day because I don't want to get too dependent on them. So I don't take them if I don't have to work the next day.

holiday pay only barely makes up for working on a holiday...

Agreed. I still have to go in and work yet tonight. BUt At least I get to, the partly closed the plant, and some folks have the day off.

Someone we know has such a dirty house that visiting them gives OddHat a major allergic reaction to the dust and dirt and we have to wash ourselves and all the clothes when we get home. We care about them a lot, but we don't understand how anyone could live like that.

I crahed today. Hard. It was like all the lessons I had learned in over a year of struggling were useless, like my progress had never happend. It was ugly. *I* was ugly. And in addition to the coldness, guilt, anger and shame I feel, there is now a stark terror at the realization no matter how strong I get, how how much progress I may make, it can all be undone at any time, just like that... and there isn't a bloody thing I can do about it.

The scheduled meeting with the ex didn't happen. Now she's also insisting she have "back-up" for any meeting we do have. I've proposed having negotiations over the phone or in IM's. "I'll get back to you" is about the best I can do. Ergo, I'm still stressed out about all of this.

I really don't want to go to court.

But heaven help her if we do. If it gets that far, I'm going for blood.

It was all a lie.

The ex filed suit against me 2 weeks ago. She been dragging her heels and making excuses because she didn't want to tell me. I guess she wanted the summons to be a surprise.

I honestly believed that she was better than this. At the very least, I believed that enlightened self-interest would motivate her to resolve this as quickly as possible without getting lawyers involved. She went behind my back and kept this from me. She was trying to ambush me when I played it straight with her.

As aggravating and frustrating and stressful as this is, the longer I think about it, this is actually something of a relief.

You see, now I no longer need to waste my time wondering and worrying about things. Now I know where she truly stands.

She wants a fight.

Bring it.

• 2 weeks later...

My Leasing Agent's Boss doesn't have the brains God gave a rock.

We went over there today to see which one was ours and have another look at the Model. Our Leasing Agent wasn't there. The Lady who was there gave us the wrong key for the wrong model and told us we were getting the wrong type of place: a tiny little apartment ! :mad: Fortunately, we have in writing a guarantee of our Townhouse and ONLY when we got home and OddHat called back and told her that did she admit to a mistake. DUHHHHH !!!!! :doi::mad: So we don't go back to look again unless our Leasing Agent is there and can help us. Thank GOD my Parents weren't there as they had wished to be. My Dad's temper wouldn't have helped matters. If that lady is the Boss, they are all in serious trouble.

I also didn't like being told that once in a great while they get Solicitors. I thought a Gated Community would end that hassle. :thumbdown

Before I moved out, we both agreed that this was to give us time and space to maybe find reconcilliation, but that we would get an uncontested divorce in a year if it didn't work out that way. Only she doesn't just want a fight about the property, but over the grounds for the divorce, as well! She is now claiming "Abandonment" (i.e., I moved out "just because") as one of the grounds for the divorce.