The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Before I moved out' date=' we both agreed that this was to give us time and space to maybe find reconcilliation, but that we would get an uncontested divorce in a year if it didn't work out that way. Only she doesn't just want a fight about the property, but over the [i']grounds[/i] for the divorce, as well! She is now claiming "Abandonment" (i.e., I moved out "just because") as one of the grounds for the divorce.

Which makes me wonder if she had been in contact with a lawyer the whole time, and that having you move out was part of her strategy from the start. She gets you to move out, potentially reducing your claim to any property that remained with her, and giving her this "He just abandonded me" justification. I don't suppose you got anything in writing (even e-mail) about the plans?

Which makes me wonder if she had been in contact with a lawyer the whole time' date=' and that having you move out was part of her strategy from the start. She gets you to move out, potentially reducing your claim to any property that remained with her, and giving her this "He just abandonded me" justification. I don't suppose you got anything in writing (even e-mail) about the plans?[/quote']

I highly doubt she's had a lawyer for that long. And no, I have nothing in writing. But when one considers that we continued to see one another *after* I moved out in efforts to see if the marriage was still salvageable AND that I was sending her payments for the mortgage for a full year, her claim of Abandonment is utterly unsuportable. Her other claims on the complaint are equally accurate.

I rolled my ankle at basketball on Wednesday. When I went to the physio the next day, he thought I might have broken something. So I had X-rays this morning and I have a tiny, tiny fracture at the base of my fibula. Now I have to wear a moonboot for six weeks.

I rolled my ankle at basketball on Wednesday. When I went to the physio the next day' date=' he thought I might have broken something. So I had X-rays this morning and I have a tiny, tiny fracture at the base of my fibula. Now I have to wear a moonboot for six weeks.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that, Mantis! :(

I rolled my ankle at basketball on Wednesday. When I went to the physio the next day' date=' he thought I might have broken something. So I had X-rays this morning and I have a tiny, tiny fracture at the base of my fibula. Now I have to wear a moonboot for six weeks.[/quote']

When I did that same thing I tore two ankle ligaments. 9 weeks after surgery, and I'm still using a cane, and a two-block walk the other day laid me up for about 24 hours.

Basketball sucks.

I got to pen this lovely letter earlier today. The names and numbers changed to protect the guilty, and it is also cross-posted to my LJ. Sorry, but I just *have* to share this, cus I'm THAT cranky about it.

Hell Customer Service Manager,

In the e-mail below, you ask "How are we doing?"

Answer: I remain deeply disappointed with how Hell has handled this case.

To recap: an employee of MYCOMPANY called the help desk because the modem on her xxxx laptop was not responding. After troubleshooting for 10 minutes, I realized that the modem was bad. Because this client of mine was at a remote location, I asked her to call Hell Hardware Warranty support and explain the troubleshooting we did so Hell would send out a technician with the right parts to fix the problem. My client had the misfortune to get “Flem”. He made her spend over an hour on troubleshooting with her, and his resolution was to send her a set of system CDs to re-install the drivers. Yesterday, she got the CDs, only rather than re-installing the drivers, “Flem” had my client reinstall the entire Windows XP operating system.. My client did not realize this process would wipe out the data on the hard drive. She called me today to explain all of this to me, because when she called "Flem" this morning at the time he specified, his voice mail indicated he did not work on Fridays.

When I contacted you to compalin about how “Flem” handled this issue, I had explained that I had already determined that the original service call was a hardware issue, and that what we needed in the first place was a service call to have the motherboard and/or modem replaced. I also mentioned that I told my client to send me her laptop so we could re-install the software she needed, and that I would take care of the hardware issues. Only after I spoke to you, “Flem” called my client again. After wasting 3 more hours on the phone, he finally concluded that this was a hardware problem. He not only decided to send out a new MOTHERBOARD (not a modem) but he created a dispatch to send it and a tech to HER location.

This required me to spend yet another hour on the phone. First with my client to make sure she sent ME the laptop as planned, and then to call back Hell Hardware Warranty Support to: cancel the original dispatch, make sure the right parts were sent to ME, and make sure we got the right parts. Why it would occur to your hardware people that they should replace the motherboard WITHOUT replacing the modem when the modem was what was causing the problem is beyond me. I had to argue with the rep I spoke to (someHellrep, Rep ID xxxxxxxx) to make sure we got both the motherboard AND the modem, and to make sure they were sent WITH A TECHNICIAN to my location. This call should have taken 10 minutes - it took 35.

MYCOMPANY spends a great deal of money on Hell computers every year and we pay a premium rate for next-day service on our warranty support calls, We deserve much better service than this. Furthermore, we call Hell almost every day to address issues with the computers. It should be very clear by now that I and the other help desk technicians with MYCOMPANY know our jobs. It took “Flem” *five hours* over *two days* to make the same diagnosis I was able to make in just *10 minutes*. Had the parts and the technician been dispatched to my client yesterday, as they should have been, this problem would have been resolved by now. As it stands now, my client will have several more days of not having her computer. There is also the issue of data loss because “Flem” dove head-first into re-installing the OS without advising the client that this would wipe out her hard drive. I, personally, have also wasted hours of my time as well, both in contacting you about this problem, and then in having to correct “Flem’s” *second* mistake to make sure the parts and technician were sent to the right location.

As a matter of reference, I am CC'ing the following MYCOMPANY personnel on this e-mail: the Help Desk Senior Technician, the Vice President of Systems Engineering, and the Director of Purchasing.

Regards,

The Director of Purchasing praised my skill in providing a detailed exposition of the problem, and forwarded this to our corporate contact with Hell. We are going to try to do data recovery on the hard drive on Monday. If there's any justice, "Flem" will not only be the one who has to cover the costs, but they will pull it out of his "donkey" one nickel at a time.

I am very cranky today as I have been up all night two nights in a row. I am also in a bad way physically due to side effects from medications I have been taking for many years. The side effects were especially bad this weekend. I didn't sleep and I can't eat. Thank God I managed to eat some spaghetti for dinner-my first meal in two days. OddHat is a saint to have put up with me all weekend.

I am very cranky today as I have been up all night two nights in a row. I am also in a bad way physically due to side effects from medications I have been taking for many years. The side effects were especially bad this weekend. I didn't sleep and I can't eat. Thank God I managed to eat some spaghetti for dinner-my first meal in two days. OddHat is a saint to have put up with me all weekend.

Hmmmm, Saint Oddhat; Patron Saint to gamers and small furry kittens.

Our neighbors -- the ones we actually like -- moved away this weekend. Known it was coming, of course: Baby #2 on the way, house too small, etc. I'm happy for them that they both found a good place, and were able to sell their old place in the current market. But still... :(

I am currently expecting to have to take the owners of the rental property that Keri and I just moved out of to small claims court over getting our deposit back. Fortunately by California law they have 21 days to get us either the deposit back, or receipts for work done plus the remainder. And there are a whole slew of rules about exactly what they can and cannot charge us for. Which doesn't stop unscrupulous people from trying. I expect I'll actually be using my legal coverage benefit here at work. I can't be represented by a lawyer at small claims court, but I can certainly seek the advise of one ahead of time. :)

One interesting thing I found looking into the laws: If they don't get us the money and/or receipts by 21 days after we vacate they forfit the right to withhold anything.

We'll see how it works out, but I don't have high hopes...

We were out at a Thai place in St. Paul, only people in the entire restaurant, when the kitchen staff came running out and turned the TV on less than 10 minutes after it happened. Just stood there in shock. Heading home, first eyewitness report I heard was someone talking about how they turned off right before the bridge collapsed and they watched a blue minivan right in front of them screech to a halt and dangle over the broken bridge. What was I driving as I listened to that?

A blue minivan, with my kids in it. Have taken them across that bridge lots of times. Very scary stuff. The only good news is there are surprisingly few reported fatalities--I'd figure that a bridge collapsing 64 feet loaded with cars would have a much higher immediate death total. There's still a bunch of missing that could wind up as fatalities, but at least there isn't the sudden shock of corpses like I'd suspect.