The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I only had the novocaine when mine came out. I strongly recommend the knockout option. Even if they've invented longer-lasting novocaine since then. I also recommend getting them all pulled at once. I really wouldn't want to have to go back.

Oh, I've already determined that's what I'm doing, essentially because I am SCARED SH*TLESS and being conscious to imagine what might be happening at the time would make it that much harder because I'd be shaking like a leaf.

Update--I blew up at Whirlpool on Tuesday, got a manager on the line at their service center and spent about 45 minutes venting. They promised to try to find the part I needed (no local warehouse had it) and expedite it if possible, but they wouldn't make any promises. Oh, other than they'd call me with status yesterday. Which they didn't do--got no phone call. However, this morning, they called and left a message they were shipping it and, true to their word, FedEx just showed up with a box containing an--shock of shocks--unbroken counterweight.

I guess I should give kudos to Whirlpool for doing this, but I think it's much more satisfying to continue to hate their stinking guts.

Wisdom teeth came out without a hitch. I don't even remember going unconscious ... I remember trembling and wincing as the IV went in, then the next thing I knew, I'm in the recovering room mumbling "When the f**k did I get in here?"

However, as I'll regularly be taking Tylenol III with Codeine, allow me to apologize in advance if I'm less coherent than usual for the next few days.

Wisdom teeth came out without a hitch. I don't even remember going unconscious ... I remember trembling and wincing as the IV went in, then the next thing I knew, I'm in the recovering room mumbling "When the f**k did I get in here?"

However, as I'll regularly be taking Tylenol III with Codeine, allow me to apologize in advance if I'm less coherent than usual for the next few days.

I only had one removed, so I'm in far less pain , sounds like. Glad you survived yours. :)

I'm glad it went well for you. I have my own horror story to tell, but I decided to hold off until your procedure was done.

The dentists kept missing the veins in my arms when they tried to insert the IV, so they stuck it just above my wrist, which HURT!

I woke up in the middle of the procedure and felt my teeth being broken apart. They were growing under my molars, so they couldn't be extracted easily. I didn't feel any pain thanks to the novocaine, but I could feel my wisdom teeth being shattered.

I was pretty groggy when I was driven back home because of the novocaine. My gums bled for days, and I didn't eat solid food for two days.

The dentists kept missing the veins in my arms when they tried to insert the IV' date=' so they stuck it just above my wrist, which HURT![/quote']

The last several times I've needed an IV, they put it in my wrist. I'd rather not think of just how many times it's been; it makes me really anxious to think about. I've also had a few blood draws through my wrist. I am in awe of nurses who can draw blood from the vein in my elbow. Even if they need to use a baby needle.

Incidentally, baby needles can hurt just as badly as the regular kind. Sometimes more. They pinch.

Did you see a blue lady with a blue dog and get her panties?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091579/

:nonp: No.

My gums bled for days' date=' and I didn't eat solid food for two days.[/quote']

I tried eating solid food on day 2. Did you know that, when chewed, Doritos can break into little corn chip daggers and orient themselves perfectly so that you own powerful jaws drive them deep into your tender post-surgical gums?

I tried eating solid food on day 2. Did you know that' date=' when chewed, Doritos can break into little corn chip daggers and orient themselves perfectly so that you own powerful jaws drive them deep into your tender post-surgical gums?[/quote']

Yes, I learned that also, the same way you did.

I recall looking at myself in the mirror at one point and thinking I looked just like the Time-Life painting of Australopithecus. Huge jaws; dull, stupid look in the eyes; scraggly hair. It was me.

Is it normal, after going under for wisdom tooth removal, to be so incredibly tired and listless you engage in positively feline sleeping habits for the next four days?

The first two days, it makes sense. I was taking Tylenol III with Codeine every six hours. Then, I stopped since I wasn't in any pain anyway. But I slept from 3am (had to watch Lewis Black uncensored) to noon, then from about 6pm to 1am AGAIN, and am probably going back to sleep after I finish one character on BvS. I've slept more than I've been awake for the last few days, and I'm starting to wonder if something might be wrong.

Is it normal, after going under for wisdom tooth removal, to be so incredibly tired and listless you engage in positively feline sleeping habits for the next four days?

The first two days, it makes sense. I was taking Tylenol III with Codeine every six hours. Then, I stopped since I wasn't in any pain anyway. But I slept from 3am (had to watch Lewis Black uncensored) to noon, then from about 6pm to 1am AGAIN, and am probably going back to sleep after I finish one character on BvS. I've slept more than I've been awake for the last few days, and I'm starting to wonder if something might be wrong.

I don't know if anything is actually wrong, since we all react differently (my sister recuperated more quickly than I did). You may just be fatigued after your ordeal. But you may wish to call the doctor about it just to make sure.

I handle the kids all the time. The wife goes to work early every day, so I get the kids ready in the morning, plus we do regular nights alone when the wife goes out with friends. No big deal. But, gee, here we are on day five of her ten-day trip to France with her mom. Somehow it's different. Our 3 1/2-year-old daughter asks for mama constantly, something that didn't happen last year when she went off to Portugal (she's a travel fiend). The little girl is at the perfect age where she (A) misses mama badly and (B) doesn't understand why she's not here. Constant fits.

The boy is fine, or at least reasonably fine. The girl, though, is driving me insane.

I handle the kids all the time. The wife goes to work early every day, so I get the kids ready in the morning, plus we do regular nights alone when the wife goes out with friends. No big deal. But, gee, here we are on day five of her ten-day trip to France with her mom. Somehow it's different. Our 3 1/2-year-old daughter asks for mama constantly, something that didn't happen last year when she went off to Portugal (she's a travel fiend). The little girl is at the perfect age where she (A) misses mama badly and (B) doesn't understand why she's not here. Constant fits.

The boy is fine, or at least reasonably fine. The girl, though, is driving me insane.

So they're past the age where you can just tear open a bag of food, leave the toilet bowl open, and leave 'em alone for a couple of days?

Have you tried wearing a long wig and faking it?