The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

The IT group in question has a hard time differentiating between their fannies and a hole in the ground' date=' let alone proper security procedures. Walking upright is pretty much a major accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.[/quote']

Ah, I have a lot of sympathy for you. I'm known as pretty trustworthy and at a former job, a coworker asked me to pull their data off a defective laptop. It just had a screen issue. I just mirrored the drive and pulled her data, but I couldn't help notice that several other people had accounts on her laptop. Asking her if she had gotten a "refurbished" system, she confirmed. I didn't go into the accounts, but the names were of a former HR director, two VPs, and a couple others. Idiots.

Dear People of the United States:

If you do not speak English with sufficient fluency to understand the question 'What to drink with that?', DO NOT USE THE F**KING DRIVE THROUGH. Go inside where the staff can get you a picture menu so I don't spend five minutes behind you listening to the order taker asking you the SAME MOTHERF**KING QUESTION FIVE TIMES.

I occasionaly get a phone call from people trying to call ADT secutity.

One morning I got a call from the manager of the Wendys resteraunt in Mineral Wells, WV (just a few miles down the road),telling me that the alarm was a mistake :confused:

turns out that ADT gave the access number to some of thier customers without bothering to put 1-800 on it. so insted of calling 1-800-XXX-XXXX the ADT switchboard, they are getting (304) XXX-XXXX. my home landline number :idjit:

Why today? About a month ago, we hired a man to cut down a couple of trees, and do some limb cleanup. He said it would be a few weeks before he got to us. Well they came today. On a day I have to work a 12 hour night shift.

I should have some major super powers. Psych lims galore and an alliterative name. How could you go wrong?

Plus you bought them with the "doesn't know own powers" limitation. You've got to start trying to figure out what those are! Try jumping off a tall building to see if you can fly, or step in front of a bus to see if you're invulnerable!

Plus you bought them with the "doesn't know own powers" limitation. You've got to start trying to figure out what those are! Try jumping off a tall building to see if you can fly' date=' or step in front of a bus to see if you're invulnerable![/quote']

I already know the answer to both of those. :ugly:

*sigh* Yes' date=' by all means, stop my music not because it is too loud, but because annoys you, and then once it is stopped and I have the nerve to ask WHY it annoys you, leave in a huff... Very #$#$ing mature.[/quote']

I was having a bad day alright? Sheesh.

Not so much cranky as sad. Longish story.

Early this spring, a robin began building a nest in the eaves of my patio, right in front of the window. We watched her build the nest, we watched her as she sat on her eggs. We saw the chicks when they hatched, and watched them grow. We watched mama-bird fly back and forth all day long, feeding her chicks. I saw one of the chicks take its first clumsy, fluttering flight.

It drove our cats crazy, watching these birds just a few feet away that they couldn't reach!

For the past few weeks, one chick stayed in the nest. We were never sure what happened to the other two -- did they die? Did they fly away? Why was only one left? My wife thought maybe a cuckoo substituted its egg in there, but no, the chick that stayed behind was definitely a robin. I watched as its chest slowly turned from dull chick-brown to robin-red. Every day, mama-bird faithfully flew back and forth with food for the baby -- though by now the baby was almost as big as mama.

I kept wondering, why hadn't the baby left the nest yet? Surely it was big enough? Was this actually mama-bird, who maybe laid a second batch of eggs? No, because mama-bird keeps coming back, bringing it food. I couldn't figure it out.

Yesterday, while I was out mowing the lawn, I noticed the bird wasn't moving. I approached the nest. Nothing. I tapped on the side of the nest with a stick. Nothing. The bird was dead. :(

Not wanting a rotting bird carcass stinking up my patio, I got a ladder and a plastic bag, climbed up there, and gently tried to remove the bird. It didn't come out. I tried a little harder, and still nothing. Finally, I just pulled the whole nest down... and saw why the baby bird never left the nest.

Its leg was tangled up in a piece of string that mama had used to build the nest. Tangled up tight enough that I couldn't untangle it without cutting the string.

I don't know why, but it made me sad; that little bird that I watched grow up had, all this time, been trapped in its nest. Its mama kept coming back and feeding it, long after it should've left the nest like its siblings did. And eventually, it died there, right on my front porch.

While it was alive, I found it kind of stupid and annoying; now that it's dead I kind of miss it. :(

I missed about a weeks work a week back due to my trapezius spasming. this has happened a few times. A week and a half after I saw a doctor I went in to urgent care and they gave me a lot more muscle relaxants and prescribed time off and physical therapy.

The muscle relaxants helped, but I found out that I usually couldn't sleep well if I took them. I thought they tended to work the other way?

So yesterday I had my second session of Physical therapy. They are concentrating on my posture, as I have always been a sloucher. I only have 30degrees of elevation of my head instead of 70+.

After a few small exercises yesterday, my whole back is sore. all those little muscles along the ribs...

darn.