The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

We have boxes from our last move that haven't been unpacked. But overall, we don't have much stuff, and Josh and I are both unemployed at present. If he spent just half as much time unpacking as he did watching old episodes of DS9, or one of the two stations that come in, or complaining about unpacking, we'd be done.

I understand completely. I developed a truly passionate hatred for loud motorcycles when I became a parent. When you're already sleep deprived, and you finally get the kid to sleep, and then some f--khead with straight pipes goes roaring by at 2 A.M.--let's just say it's a good thing I didn't have a shotgun handy.

Anybody else remember back in, I guess it was the 80's, when parents would strap kids into this harness with a phone-cord leash on it to keep them from wandering off and getting into trouble?

I wish that was still in vogue.

I'm at the store today. My cart was just sitting there, while I was looking at stuff on the shelves. I didn't even have a hand on it, and some stupid kid barrels into it and starts crying. Of course, their parents yell at me, even though the cart was stationary and the kid plowed into it 'cause it was running around haphazardly and not paying attention to where it was f***ing going.

. . .

So you're saying this is a guy thing?

Not for me. As I said before, I like unpacking stuff. In this case, I was cleaning out the basement and found a box with a bunch of our garden stuff in it (it never got unpacked when we first moved in because it was the dead of winter at the time). :)

. . .

So you're saying this is a guy thing?

Nope. It's more a sign that you went ahead with your lives rather than try to define where every little thing is supposed to go in the new lodgings. Sometimes that decision is made prematurely. But I think it's healthy to have some stuff that doesn't get unpacked, but you know it's there. We don't bury treasure on desert islands any more, but you don't want it out all the time, either.

Still, when there's a whole room you can't access because it's piled with boxes, and the one who's supposed to be helping put that stuff away is downstairs watching DS9 episodes, it leads to some crankiness.

I'd gladly haul boxes up and down stairs to at least sort them out a bit, but I can't bend my knees very well at the moment. I had a fall last night, and bruised them something fierce.

Still, when there's a whole room you can't access because it's piled with boxes, and the one who's supposed to be helping put that stuff away is downstairs watching DS9 episodes, it leads to some crankiness.

I'd gladly haul boxes up and down stairs to at least sort them out a bit, but I can't bend my knees very well at the moment. I had a fall last night, and bruised them something fierce.

Much sympathy on the bruised knees. And yeah, when there is unpacking that needs to be done and it isn't getting done that can certainly fire off the crankymeter. I don't know either of you well enough to offer any real advice, so I'll just offer my sympathy.

Anybody else remember back in, I guess it was the 80's, when parents would strap kids into this harness with a phone-cord leash on it to keep them from wandering off and getting into trouble?

I wish that was still in vogue.

I'm at the store today. My cart was just sitting there, while I was looking at stuff on the shelves. I didn't even have a hand on it, and some stupid kid barrels into it and starts crying. Of course, their parents yell at me, even though the cart was stationary and the kid plowed into it 'cause it was running around haphazardly and not paying attention to where it was f***ing going.

I was in a store and had a kid bounce off my leg and start crying. Same problem.

Sunday I wanted to drop one kid into the La Brea Tar Pits though. Obnoxious, poor hygine, and foul mouth. And the mom thought it was funny.