The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

What's a spaghetti boil? Why were you wearing a bag on your foot?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so ... :)

They make 'boil-in-the-bag' pasta and rice; you put the plastic, food-filled bag in boiling water, wait however long, then pull it out. The bag has holes in it, so it strains itself without need for a colander.

Some of his boiling-hot water spilled on DT's foot, and scaled him. DT has my sympathies.

For my personal cranky for the thread today ... it's my birthday. 'Nuff said.

Edit: Billy vs Snakeman must have known it was my birthday. My village got cockroaches. (on a steeck)

Aha! Never heard of that newfangled bag food before, I still do it the old fashioned way.* Sympathies to the Tribble, though I confess I didn't know tribbles had feet in the first place.

*In a $90 rice cooker with more buttons, lights, and processing power than the Space Shuttle. Every time I think my wife's run out of ways to spend my money...

Aha! Never heard of that newfangled bag food before, I still do it the old fashioned way.* Sympathies to the Tribble, though I confess I didn't know tribbles had feet in the first place.

*In a $90 rice cooker with more buttons, lights, and processing power than the Space Shuttle. Every time I think my wife's run out of ways to spend my money...

Boil-in food bags have been around since I was a kid.

I guess they don't carry them where you are ?

On Monday I had two molars crowned. The Dentist was kind enough to let me pay over three months, so I could get both done now instead of one now and one in a couple months.

Now I am not sure they got the bite quite right.

The bigger problem, though is the recurring problem I have with my left sinus. It seems to get a pocket of problematic stuff in the area where it overhangs the roots of my teeth. It is a really weird sensation to have temperature sensitivity in an area where you had a ROOT CANAL!

Last night I hit it really hard with saline rinse, and that combined with Benadryl + decongestant did the trick. However, it came back today. I took a Sudafed, which helped, but that is wearing off.

Now the kicker, I really shouldn't be taking either benadryl or sudafed because I am on Lisinopril for blood pressure.

I guess I'll hose it out again when I get home, and hope that helps...

:idjit: That is such a ghastly feeling!:idjit:

It has been happening for years. True' date=' it did take TWO TRIES to get the root canal right, as I had an extra (fourth) nerve that was not noticed the first time...[/quote']

If the bite is wrong, you should have that done soon. At least with my dentist he went in again to fix things.

Though a Ears, Nose, Throat guy may need to look at the sinus bit. I had a lot of problems until they went in and remodeled my sinuses a few years back.

So, today, I drove down to visit my in-laws for the belated Thanksgiving dinner. The personnel included me, my wife, her mother, her DEAF AS BEETHOVEN husband, her two brothers, her sister, the spouse of the older brother ... and their two year old twins.

I have a headache that defies description. I feel like that one dude from Scanners, Mr. Headasplody.

I will never understand how anybody can be a parent without going Stark Raving Mad. The noisy toys, the whining, the tromping around, the shouting ... I had to be in their presence for less than two hours and I was ready to start dropping STFUs. How anybody can tolerate that for 18 years is beyond me. Add in my father-in-law, who is (medically, not just selective hearing) 3/4s deaf and shouts in casual conversation (and every conversation must be had three times) and I'm seriously thinking about just staying the hell home from here on out.

And, of course, the copy of Kung Fu Panda my wife and I rented was damaged and unreadable.

I will never understand how anybody can be a parent without going Stark Raving Mad. The noisy toys, the whining, the tromping around, the shouting ...

...the demanding, the tantrums, the vomit, the pee, the mess, the expense, the paperwork, the germs, the total elimination of free time...

...so, yeah, I'm Stark Raving Mad.™

If the bite is wrong' date=' you should have that done soon. At least with my dentist he went in again to fix things.[/quote']

In the short term, if the bite is giving you trouble, get a box of those square-center "round" toothpicks. Put one in your teeth on the side where the bite problem exists. Clamp down on it as hard as you can, crushing it into shape. You now have a gasket that will distribute the pressure over that half of your mouth, rather than letting it all come down on one tooth.

That was my coping mechanism after I had a tooth go bad the night I graduated from college, and we lacked insurance (or money) to get it fixed right. (I could afford to have the decay drilled out an plugged, but the root canal and crown waited four years while I saved up money.) In the interim while I had one tooth higher than the rest, the toothpicks saved me a lot of headaches, literally. Yes, I've had a toothpick habit ever since, but at under a dollar box once ever few months it's better than painkillers.