The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Thanks. I have a tiny little tree on top of the DVD cabinet that hopefully they won't bother as it is too small to climb and there is only one, unbreakable, ornament. Last year I had a 3 foot tree which they climbed every time they wanted attention. Cats are like kids; when they want attention they do things they know are naughty. They slew the parrot ornament last year.

Why do people log onto forums with the express and sole purpose of saying how much the subject of the forum sucks? I can't imagine going over to the WoD forums and complaining about the system up one side and down the other.

And why don't the mods ban them for doing so?

Edit: Not these forums, just to clarify.

The wrenched back is just the cherry on top of the friggin' crappy day I've had today. WTH is it with co-workers and unnecessary drama?

It could be worse, you could be their manager, and stuck with making them get along. And then someone could utter the word "lawsuit", which instantly summons HR, and there's huge quantities of paperwork for everyone.

As for your back--I told you not to play football in the office.

I went into Walgreens to pick up a prescription refill last night, and they explained that my drug coverage had been canceled.

So, when I got home, I logged onto my bank's website and confirmed that the check for the COBRA benefits had been cashed (it had, on 11/28, and processed my bank on 12/1).

That led to a call to the provider today. He informed me that yes, the payment was received, but my coverage had stopped on 11/30. Looking up the issue, he informs me that I have been paying the wrong amount for the last three months (the time that they had been managing the COBRA benefits). I explained to him that the amount due printed on their letter was the amount that I sent. Yes, well, he'd pass it to the COBRA department.

I asked for a supervisor. She was very nice, and told me that I'd have to make up the difference in payment. I mentioned the letter, which she then said wasn't from them. I mentioned the date of the letter, and that it was on their letterhead, and she looked up the text of the letter--where she saw that the official amount that they told me was what I had been paying. They are supposedly getting to the bottom of this, and fixing it, hopefully within the next 24 hours.

Meanwhile, the company that controls the group plan has decided to raise the premium by $200 for January. So, not only am I fighting to get proper coverage that I paid for, I'm also shopping for a new insurance supplier that is affordable, works with my doctor, and will accept me (I have some managed pre-existing conditions).

Oh, joy.

JoeG

Wow this is going to be nice

I've had Cystinuria for 13 years. The long and short of it is I get kidney stones. A lot. I normally go 2 to 3 years between surgeries but the stones aren't small enough to pass on there own. Ever. MY last surgery was Jan of 08. That's going to be important shortly.

I recently moved back to Ohio near where I grew up into what I thought would be a better job market and to live with my GF. Yeah that landed me at a 4 am start at Target. Nothing great but it was something while I was looking. Target does not give you insurance till after 6 months and you supposedly can't get a FMLA until you have been with a company a full year.

I mention all this because 2 weeks ago I ended up in the ER with another huge stone. This one only took 11 months. I've already been politely told that Target really has no option but to let me go seeing as that I can't work at the moment. I have no insurance. The GF is already starting to wig about having to pay my bills, which total about $120 a month. The hospital is going to call me and let me know when they can get me in but with the holidays (the Dr's are going to be on vacation) they can't get me in till early in January.

In the last 12 days I've had 2 that I didn't need to take pain pills and 2 others that were so bad I almost went back to the ER due to the pain and the vomiting. My Gf who knew I had this really had no clue what she was getting into even though I told her repeatedly and all in all this year has pretty well been a pile of #$@^%#$.

BTW Christmas is right around the corner.

Grrrr.

I'll get off my soap box now.

...and then you accidentally flip to some talk radio station where some corporate shill is blathering on about how the health care system in the U.S. is just fine and if you're having problems then it must be your fault.

Once againyour Sig is PERFECT! :mad:

...and then you accidentally flip to some talk radio station where some corporate shill is blathering on about how the health care system in the U.S. is just fine and if you're having problems then it must be your fault.

The last company that I worked full-time was based out of Canada, and they couldn't understand that healthcare wasn't paid for. They worked in the amount of my COBRA payment into my salary. And the company before that was also based in NZ, and so they fully paid the insurance premiums for employees here in the States, including paying back my COBRA expenses for the first month before I was eligible.

Unfortunately, the Canadian company was a start-up, which ran into capital-raising issues, and the NZ/US company was looted by investors and an ethically-bankrupt CEO*, and went into receivership. I'm technically working as an IT contractor, but I haven't had any assignments recently, once again, due to the economic downturn.

And yes, having friends and co-workers from countries with national healthcare, I tend to agree that our system is a bit backwards. I wonder, for example, if the Detroit automakers would be as bad off as they are if they didn't have the health insurance bills from retirees.

I've talked to my insurance today, and apparently, they've cleared up the $0.03 problem. So that, at least, is good news.

JoeG

*The first time that I met the CEO, he shook my hand, tilted his head, and gave me one of these strange grins, which reminded me of the character of Reacher Gilt from Terry Pratchett's Going Postal. I smiled, trying to wipe out the mental image of an eyepatch and a parrot shouting, "Twelve and a half percent" in the background. Unfortunately, his later actions proved that image correct.