The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I was more incensed by the description others posted elsewhere than by the actuality of the photos, but still...

Audrey is a classic, even when she played a call girl.

Paris may not be playing...:eek:

http://dirtyharrysplace.com/?p=6047#comments

Howeer, if I did not know who it was, I would think "fairly cute, not up to Audrey, however."

edited to add "and twice her age too..."

Now's a pretty good time to be buying hardware. I've been following slickdeals.net and wireddeals.com' date=' and dealhack.com. So far this month I've seen 1.5TB USB2.0 external hard drives going for $160, and RAM is hella cheap too.[/quote']

Of course, one of the reasons it's a good time, because demand is lower, because a lot of people don't have money. I'm budgeting for a laptop right now, so a new desktop is out, but checking some stuff last night. I think it might be the power supply going flaky. (And if not, at least I'll get a decent power supply.)

True. The reason I'm not going wild on these deals is that I need to maintain a savings cushion in case of emergency' date=' employmentwise. But the temptation! When was the last time you saw Apple put stuff on sale for Christmas?[/quote']

I found a decent power supply in my price range and your links did point me toward a laptop that I had been considering at $300 lower than previously found. Hmm, moving toward happy thread. ;)

"Hurry up and wait," indeed.

Ugh.

Kind of sad, my last doctors visit. I showed up a little early, was seen promptly and wound up on my way five minutes before my appointment was supposed to be. That never happens. We expect your experience which truly sucks.

Ugh.

Kind of sad, my last doctors visit. I showed up a little early, was seen promptly and wound up on my way five minutes before my appointment was supposed to be. That never happens. We expect your experience which truly sucks.

I would have looked around for TV cameras at that point. "Am I on Candid Camera?"

On the upside, since nothing was stated at the time (and I can feel the blood flow through my fistula very easily), it seems the operation was successful and the fistulagram (-ogram?) showed no obstructions or problems. This means I should be good to go for dialysis! Woohoo!

wait ...

So, the three cent error in my COBRA coverage has been fixed, but next month's premium will be around $200 more (due to group plan pricing changes). And after filling out half of an application for different insurance coverage, and talking to a very helpful agent at einsurance.com*, I've found out that:

1. I will most likely be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition, no matter that it's fully under control
  2. I could try for HIPAA coverage, but it's very expensive
  3. And my current COBRA coverage has to essentially run out, which means 9 more months of higher premiums

Oh, and the job market here in Vegas has effectively tanked.

Oh, well.

JoeG

*Even though I didn't like the answers (which aren't really under their control), I must admit that the customer service that I received was top-notch.

So, the three cent error in my COBRA coverage has been fixed, but next month's premium will be around $200 more (due to group plan pricing changes). And after filling out half of an application for different insurance coverage, and talking to a very helpful agent at einsurance.com*, I've found out that:

1. I will most likely be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition, no matter that it's fully under control
  2. I could try for HIPAA coverage, but it's very expensive
  3. And my current COBRA coverage has to essentially run out, which means 9 more months of higher premiums

The company is changing my health insurance again. Second time in nine months. Now as "management" I understand why this has to be done, but it's still irritating as hell, especially since I haven't finished dealing with the billing irregularities from the last change.

Soda withdrawal continues, by choice. It has been almost a full week since my last one, and before that, 5 days or more had passed.

I'm still undecided if I WANT to give it up, though it would be better for my teeth, my weight, my budget etc, it is also hardly my worst vice. It also doesn't seem to be helping me lose much weight at all so far.

But I do want to see if I can kick the habit out of will power. Then if I decide I want to, I can go back, hopefully in a more moderate fashion.

So far so good, but I am feeling a bit touchier/crankier than usual