The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

I know most of you will probably find this humorous, but I am sad because I have looked all over the whole house for my favorite camisole and it is just gone. I've looked everywhere it might be and even some places it probably isn't just in case, and no, it is really gone.

I wonder if it somehow fell into one of the bags I took to Goodwill ? I think that highly unlikely, but it really doesn't seem to be anywhere in the house.

If it never turns up I will be sad. OddHat liked it too.

Last night I discovered that not only am I getting old, I am becoming a CRANKY old man.

I was walking through Walmart after work, and as I came around a corner I nearly ran into a few young guys. Maybe 18-22, two looked like they could have been in the military, the third was maybe younger, certainly smaller...

I said "Excuse me" as I slowed to avoid a collision then moved around them.

Little guy says "There is no excuse."

I was flummoxed. I stared at him for a couple seconds, convincing myself he had really said that.

Then I said "That's not very funny." with a shake of my head.

As I walked away, I heard him turning to his friends and saying "I just got yelled at..." and starting into the story. They were right there when it happened.

A couple minutes later they passed me and he said "I'm sorry your pissed at me."

To which I calmly shook my head and said "Naww"

He then said "I just said there's no excuse..."

As I walked away I rather disgustedly said over my shoulder

"Try being polite."

As I continued on my way I heard him saying " I am polite..."

Okay, I guess I am officially a "grumpy old man":nonp::help:

Last night I discovered that not only am I getting old, I am becoming a CRANKY old man.

I was walking through Walmart after work, and as I came around a corner I nearly ran into a few young guys. Maybe 18-22, two looked like they could have been in the military, the third was maybe younger, certainly smaller...

I said "Excuse me" as I slowed to avoid a collision then moved around them.

Little guy says "There is no excuse."

I was flummoxed. I stared at him for a couple seconds, convincing myself he had really said that.

Then I said "That's not very funny." with a shake of my head.

As I walked away, I heard him turning to his friends and saying "I just got yelled at..." and starting into the story. They were right there when it happened.

A couple minutes later they passed me and he said "I'm sorry your pissed at me."

To which I calmly shook my head and said "Naww"

He then said "I just said there's no excuse..."

As I walked away I rather disgustedly said over my shoulder

"Try being polite."

As I continued on my way I heard him saying " I am polite..."

Okay, I guess I am officially a "grumpy old man":nonp::help:

Actually, he was being a total asshat. I would have been a lot less polite than you were.

Actually' date=' he was being a total asshat. I would have been a lot less polite than you were.[/quote']

Well, I used to be able to let that kind of asshattery slide on by... :(

I remember wondering whether he was going to turn it physical, and then I considered how I would respond, whether his buddies might back him up...

I wasn't carrying my .45 that night, but I did have my Gerber. If he and his buddies had jumped me, I would NOT have been playing by the Marquis of Queensbury rules. :ugly::help: