The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Got an work email today that pushed me over the edge. Called my new manager, to talk to her about it and why this was a poor course for us to let happen. Got some assurances, and since it was my day off, went to go do some errands.

Come back, and my manager apparently ignored the entire conversation according to the emails in my inbox when I got home. There's still a glimmer of hope that this is just a delay, but I'm doubting it.

Some kids these days!

You know you've turned into an old coot when you say something like that.

For me the final sign I was an old coot was when I turned to some passersby at work and said, in reference to the skate pukes that I had to chase off the campus:

"If I had EVER been caught behaving the way those kids do by my parents, I would have been lucky if they only killed me!"

:nonp:

My PC has died again. I replaced the power supply a few months ago, and it seems to be dead again - indicating a short in the system someplace. Either I re-replace the A/C power supply to watch it also die a slow death, or I bite a very big bullet and just replace the freaking thing.

Bugger.

I want spaghetti for dinner but I'm having pizza. I'm so sick of pizza. There's no ground beef in the house to make spaghetti with. To get ground beef we have to drive 20 minutes to Whole Foods because no other market around here has good ground beef. I could make it without beef, but then it would just be sauce from the jar with zero fat and I'd still be just as hungry after eating it.

So no spaghetti for me tonight. It's pizza again. :idjit:

If you have any sausages' date=' you can use them instead of beef. They taste pretty good in spaghetti.[/quote']

either the sweet or the hot italian sausage is good, but for a twist, try german sausage sliced thin and browned, then tossed into the sauce.

It works when not browned too...:D

A friend of mine was the victim of identity theft back in March. Well, she thought she had it all taken care of, but no luck - she had money missing from her accounts again today. I suspect she has a key-logger of some sort on her laptop. I'll be helping her with the re-formatting and re-configuration of her hard drive.

Why do I keep meeting obnoxious people when I'm just trying to relax?

Here's a sure-fire relaxation technique. If nothing else, it'll put a smile on your face...

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands dangling in the cool running water..

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the world.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle water fall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so crystal clear that you can easily make out the face of the person you are holding underwater.

I ate some Nachos and now I'm sick. I can't eat Nachos anymore. That makes me cranky. Also the doctor said I must start on Calcium and Vitamin D every day. I also have to walk a lot more than I do. I did mention the Arthritis bump on my thumb ?

Help ! I'm no kid anymore.

I appear to be getting insomnia every night before I go in for dialysis, which I'm probably going to blame on dreading it.

I've developed enough scar tissue on the regular injection sites that the needle they use to put in the numbing agent is just shy of excruciating. I need to try not to make noise so I don't scare the person needling me, and that is very, very hard to do.