The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

My father-in-law was let go from the only job he's had for probably 40+ years, and when he was just slightly short of being able to take early retirement. pretty much a screwjob, we figure he got released so they wouldn't have to pay his benefits and pay raises. Of course, this means he'll be replaced by someone who has no idea what they're doing, so at least there's some petty vengeance.

I've had a stomachache three days in a row which means I can't eat all day so at night I'm starving and eat badly. Also my right inner forearm is itching because of a bug bite so it's driving me nuts. I know I shouldn't scratch but I can't help it sometimes.

I hope all this is over Wed. morning so I can go to Gen Con in a good mood.

I've had a stomachache three days in a row which means I can't eat all day so at night I'm starving and eat badly. Also my right inner forearm is itching because of a bug bite so it's driving me nuts. I know I shouldn't scratch but I can't help it sometimes.

I hope all this is over Wed. morning so I can go to Gen Con in a good mood.

Tried some kind of hydrocortisome cream for the bug bite, or ... what's that other stuff ... calomine lotion?

$700 later, the shower's all fixed.

At least I was correct in my refusal to attempt it myself. Like everything else in the new half of the house, it was originally done in a half-a$$ed way with no thought of maintainability. Unlike me, the professional already has an electric saw with the ceramic blade so he can cut larger holes in the Corian (and knows how to use it and where to cut) so it is physically possible to get tools in there to unscrew the faucets.

Grumble. Ah well, at least it's fixed. At the rate it was dripping, it'll probably only take about three years to recoup the repair costs through savings in the water bills.

My mother-in-law is visiting. She's interesting, creative, and quite nice, but might just be the most clueless person I've ever met. I can now define her in one easy sentence. There’s a big park system with a nice nature center a couple miles from our house, and last night the wife took the kids and her mom down there to go to this "fishing club", which basically means the park system has a bunch of poles and just invite people to come fish off a dock, one of those little "kill an hour in a park" sort of things. So, my wife tells my mother-in-law they’re going fishing at the nature center. My mother-in-law’s response?

"Is it outside"?

Please shoot me. The week my wife gets laid off, I get to experience my mother-in-law for the full week.

Grumble. My iPod died, 13 months after I got it.

And I rode the bus today (admittedly the route 358, which is de facto the Puget Sound local ward of the state mental hospital) and found myself missing my sonic armor intensely.

I'll find my old Diskman, charge up the batteries, and start toting that again.

Yeah, that went through my mind, too.

Actually, I'm 37 and I am old. That's why I hate it when people call me 'kiddo' or 'young man'. For Ceiling Cat's sake, I'm over halfway to being dead of old age.

Oh, rubbish! I milked that line for a full year 3 years ago. And now that I'm 40, I'm still not old. Granted, I'm no spring chicken either, but I'm more active and having more fun with my life now than I was 20 years ago.

Oh' date=' rubbish! I milked that line for a full year 3 years ago. And now that I'm 40, I'm [i']still[/i] not old. Granted, I'm no spring chicken either, but I'm more active and having more fun with my life now than I was 20 years ago.

I envy you.

Whether or not I am old, I FEEL old. I'm tired. Tired to the bone. I don't even believe in souls, and I'm tempted to say I'm tired to the soul as well. Life is just ... a drag. Day starts, day goes, day ends. Again and again and again. I'm tired of being alive. I honestly feel I've been alive long enough. It was fun while it lasted ... okay, no it wasn't, but in any event, I'm ready for Jane to stop this crazy thing.

Well my body is better than it was 4 years ago. I can jump a phonebook again. Do real pushups.

I am still a kid. I know I am. I still do the same things for fun that I did at 13, game, video games, look at naughty pictures, drink soda and eat pizza.

My favorite thing to do...that makes me feel like a kid again...playing horse with my step dad. The free throw contests are fun but losing to a 73 year old gets tired after awhile