The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

City of Heroes is gone' date=' this morning. The world is a bit dimmer. Probably only to be brightened by NCSoft's demise as a company. I continue to hope.[/quote']

Agreed, on all counts. I still have trouble fathoming NCSoft's reason's for shutting down a successful game without at least selling it. The ill will (OK, outright hostility and blood-boiling hatred) they have generated in the gamer community means that fewer players are going to be willing to trust any games they release for fear that the plug will be pulled at any moment. Ergo, killing this game to focus on other games and to be more profitable will only make them LESS profitable in the long run - and it was something any first year business student could have predicted.

I haven't played COH in a while but it sounds like NCSoft execs can grab a seat next to the Fox Execs who cancelled Firefly in that special level of hell.

If I were your wife's co-worker' date=' I'd take one look at her, go directly to her boss, and demand, "You send her home *right.now.* before she gets the rest of us sick, too!"[/quote']

I actually appreciate a boss who will do this. I'm fine with being sent home due to ilness, rather than facing being penalized in some fashion for having the "audacity" (or something) to call in sick.

The more I learn about Star Trek Into Darkness, the less interested I am... which is saying something, since I was already highly disinterested in anything more from the reboot beyond the first film. We have to go into the past of the future for new ideas? How edgy and exciting... [/sarcasm]

I think the Holiday Blues are coming on. I tried playing the Trans Siberian Orchestra's CD and didn't like it. I tried my Dad and Mom's Christmas music, listened to Bing sing "White Christmas" and just felt worse. I want to play my Very Special Christmas CD, but the first song on that is "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and I hate that. They have it on the other VSC CD too. Really, that song stinks.

Maybe the Grinch ?

Maybe I'll just play my Necronomicon CD. It's about how I'm feeling right now.

I think the Holiday Blues are coming on. I tried playing the Trans Siberian Orchestra's CD and didn't like it. I tried my Dad and Mom's Christmas music, listened to Bing sing "White Christmas" and just felt worse. I want to play my Very Special Christmas CD, but the first song on that is "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" and I hate that. They have it on the other VSC CD too. Really, that song stinks.

Maybe the Grinch ?

There are a host of Cthulhu Mythos carols on Youtube that have been getting it done for me.

Edit: Here, to get you started...

Maybe the Grinch ?

I think the Holiday Blues are coming on, since I just had the first Christmas fight of the year with my wife. It won't be the last. Sorry, what was the point of this damn holiday again?

This is why, to me, Rage Against the Machine is Christmas music.

My ex-wife just called to remind me we have a couples counseling session tonight' date=' and she's going. I said, sure, what the heck, why not? But thinking about it makes me laugh out loud, all things considered. :)[/quote']

Couples counseling after the divorce? What's the point?

Sometimes' date=' you have to accept it's time to kick over the table and walk away from the game[/quote']

That's what I'm trying to do. Right now, there are family issues as well as work problems. The proverbial s**t hasn't hit the fan just yet, but it's about to, and all I can do is brace for impact.