The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Gah. Sounds like it's gonna be rough going all around this holiday season. Hang in there, everyone. Next year is coming fast.

I have just survived a week of seriously bad karma. My migraines have been completely out of control, as a result of which I missed two days of work this week. Of course those were the days the weather was perfect; today and tomorrow I'm working in the rain. The doctor's office refused to authorize a refill of my prescription, with no explanation. My car was in the shop, so I had to deal with that first... the repairs took a couple days longer than expected, and I spent another day waiting on a ride to the auto shop. Then I found out the bill was considerably higher than the estimate I was given. Ouch. But once I had my wheels I got around to the doctor's office and had some words with his staff. A short time later, my prescription was ready. Nothing like the "personal touch" to get things done! :whip:

And this morning, my grandfather died of natural causes after several months of steadily declining health. He was 92. Most of the family has gone to Tuscon to be with my grandmother, so I'm staying home this weekend to keep an eye on things and put in some extra hours at work. (I missed a couple of days due to illness this week, and I can use the extra money for that car repair bill.) Of course that means I had to cancel the road trip to Urbana I had planned, so I'm not running my Terracide campaign again for a couple of weeks.

And "Awesome Gamer Girl" has been out of town all week. She got back this evening, but I'm not sure when we'll have time to see each other again, the way things are going around here.

I think I need a vacation....

I couldn't gripe about my computer eating a hard drive back in early autumn until I got it back from the shop. I guess this is post-griping, except I got the @#$% thing back yesterday and I'm still installing Sims3 expansion packs. Having lost one disk, I have to download it from Origin, which started this morning about 11:00 and is still less than halfway downloaded.

At least I remembered to install Norton Antivirus before going back online.

This day has stunk with a level of stinkitude that has not been reached before in my recent or long term memory.

I tried to go shopping to make myself feel better but on a Saturday afternoon in December, that wasn't happening. I couldn't even get into the parking lots much less find a space. I mailed off my Secret Santa gift but they said there was a new law that my name had to go on the package.

If I had had a good AOE energy blast, that place would now be smoking ashes.

I gave a good tip at lunch and cuddled OddHat to make myself feel better, although he started this whole mess.

I am having trouble typing.

If I were Dexter, it would be time for someone to die.

This day has stunk with a level of stinkitude that has not been reached before in my recent or long term memory.

I tried to go shopping to make myself feel better but on a Saturday afternoon in December, that wasn't happening. I couldn't even get into the parking lots much less find a space. I mailed off my Secret Santa gift but they said there was a new law that my name had to go on the package.

I gave a good tip at lunch and cuddled OddHat to make myself feel better, although he started this whole mess.

That sounds about right. My condolences for having to put up with all of that stinkitude. (Which is a truly impressive word!)

I had an awesomely filth-splattered and disastrous workday. This morning it was trouble-shooting an oil well in the middle of a cow pasture, which besides being littered with cow pies was also a bit muddy. I got everything fixed, but decided to run a pressure test before leaving. I almost had the well up to 600psi (which is perfectly normal for that test), but at 500psi the motor on the pumping unit blew up: melted wiring, burned insulation and everything. The overload relay which is supposed to prevent this from happening did absolutely nothing. I have no idea why.

After lunch it was off to Wabash County, and a bunch of wells to test out in an empty corn field... which had turned into a serious mud-pit after several days of rain. There weren't any more blow-ups or anything, but I think I'll be washing my work truck tomorrow. Sigh.

That sounds about right. My condolences for having to put up with all of that stinkitude. (Which is a truly impressive word!)

I had an awesomely filth-splattered and disastrous workday. This morning it was trouble-shooting an oil well in the middle of a cow pasture, which besides being littered with cow pies was also a bit muddy. I got everything fixed, but decided to run a pressure test before leaving. I almost had the well up to 600psi (which is perfectly normal for that test), but at 500psi the motor on the pumping unit blew up: melted wiring, burned insulation and everything. The overload relay which is supposed to prevent this from happening did absolutely nothing. I have no idea why.

After lunch it was off to Wabash County, and a bunch of wells to test out in an empty corn field... which had turned into a serious mud-pit after several days of rain. There weren't any more blow-ups or anything, but I think I'll be washing my work truck tomorrow. Sigh.

Yes' date=' I do. I just haven't been able to fully harness it yet.[/quote']

Come with me.

Seriously, I've been getting my Sith Lord on hard lately.

What day is it anyway? They're beginning to blur together, what with the 24 hour cycle of making skimpy things for women, then having women come try on said skimpy things on, then adjustments, then pictures, and music...

And rum, always rum....

Anyway.. Cranky... I'm emotionally disconnected and more'n half convinced that this recent turn of luck is a sign that the Mayan's were right, and the end is nigh. My front teeth have crumbled, and I'm fighting multiple abscesses there. I'm on low dose synthetic opiates and antibiotics and I hurt a LOT. Pain is an amazing motivator...

But... women taking pictures with my stuff. I'll post some later. Redhead in 30's era vampire hunting gear posing with my cap-n-ball Remington and a kukri... woof!

I'll be in my bunk...

So I have been living with my aunt and uncle for the last 10 months.

For 9 of those months I have been renting a 9x10 storage unit for $130/month from Portland Self-Storage.

Today, I dropped off some stuff to make it easier to move on Tuesday to my new apartment.

And my lock was gone

Again.

For the 3rd time.

The worst part is I expected it. I bought a lock to take with me.

It just has to last tonight and tomorrow

I strongly urge anyone who needs a storage unit in the East Moreland area of Portland to find somewhere else. The manager seemed uninterested that it had been broken into twice before. Most of my stuff is there, they went through some of it. Honestly, there's only one item in there that is Irreplaceable - so naturally I'm assuming they found it. I'm pensive...and Pissed off.