The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

And now, my actual RL best friend gets in on the fun. His apartment building has been without water for a couple of days, and the city caught wind of it. They may be shutting the place down. I can't blame them; the place has cheap rent, because the building should probably be condemned. The floors on the second story bow downward enough to be noticed when you're walking casually. But ... getting evicted, with all his stuff, in the middle of winter, and having to scramble to find a new place to live when everybody else in the building is doing the same ...

I HATE this world sometimes.

*headdesk*

It just keeps piling up. One of my cats has apparently hurt his legs somehow. He doesn't seem to be in pain (I can pick him up and put my hand under his legs and move them up and down), but he can't put a lot of weight on his back legs; he walks a couple steps, then has to sit down. My wife said he took a bad fall, but I'd think that would have him in pain if he broke or sprained something. I'm wondering if he had a stroke ...

*headdesk*

It just keeps piling up. One of my cats has apparently hurt his legs somehow. He doesn't seem to be in pain (I can pick him up and put my hand under his legs and move them up and down), but he can't put a lot of weight on his back legs; he walks a couple steps, then has to sit down. My wife said he took a bad fall, but I'd think that would have him in pain if he broke or sprained something. I'm wondering if he had a stroke ...

My brother is ready to ring in the New Year. How's this for cranky?

262777_10152435758280157_1805599322_n.jpg

His wife posted the above on fb with the caption "Crappy New Year!"

My sentiments exactly. I was going to have a nice dinner in the city, but it's freezing rain here so I'm at home watching the news (last-minute fiscal cliff compromise!) and having frozen pizza and a cuba libre. Crappy New Year indeed.

"Do you want to know my secret?" Bruce Banner asks the assembled Avengers. "I'm always angry." I've never really been a huge fan of the Hulk' date=' but in that moment, I knew him. I knew him like I know myself, because he is me. Sure, I'd like to be Tony Stark -- suave, sophisticated, smart, a lady's man and a man's man. Or Steve Rogers, sure of myself, certain of my mission, with a goal and a calling much bigger than myself, admired and loved by everyone around him. But I'm Banner, alone and filled with an anger that I don't really understand and can't safely express.[/quote']

You have my empathy. Been there. Done that. Never going back there again.

Why is it all of my favorite foods had to be on the 'stuff dialysis patients aren't supposed to have' list?

Gotta watch your phosphorous ... which means any dairy product, like cheese and milk, and orange juice, tomatoes, and colas. Plus most processed/canned foods use some kind of phosphates as preservatives or something.

And the Potassium ... which means most kinds of beans, bananas, and potatoes.

John McClane: "You know what you get for being a hero? Nothin'. You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah, blah, blah, attaboy. You get divorced. Your wife can't remember your last name. Your kids don't want to talk to you. You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me, kid, nobody wants to be that guy. "

Welcome to the World of frozen or fresh fruits and veggies and lean' date=' unprocessed meat. Your body will love it. Also, you may lose the weight that is preventing you from getting on the list for a transplant...[/quote']

I need to get myself re-screened ... I've lost quite a bit of weight lately just from my appetite evaporating. I can't recall what the target weight they wanted me at was.