The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Well, I've been to the Doctors. I have three stomach disorders. I need to go to a Nutritionist to have a food plan made. I need a Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.

I also have the Acid Reflux so I'm coughing my head off and two sore hips so walking is tough. One of my stomach problems makes me weak and dizzy. The worst part is I can't even have sugar in cough syrup as it makes my stomach scream, even two teaspoons.

I know I should count my blessings though. At least I have medical care.

Well, I've been to the Doctors. I have three stomach disorders. I need to go to a Nutritionist to have a food plan made. I need a Endoscopy and Colonoscopy.

I also have the Acid Reflux so I'm coughing my head off and two sore hips so walking is tough. One of my stomach problems makes me weak and dizzy. The worst part is I can't even have sugar in cough syrup as it makes my stomach scream, even two teaspoons.

I know I should count my blessings though. At least I have medical care.

Get better soon. I'm taking a sick day myself today.

By comparison to the things going on with other people, this is a minor issue, so, I apologize if this seems petty, but I am really angry right now. This requires some setup.

In 1996 I joined a live-action LARP group. Three-day events in the woods took place about 8-10 months a year. I attended most of them until 2001 and then I took a four year break. I had a really simple policy: Real Life was always more important than pretend. I was divorced, so, if I had the kids on a LARP weekend, I didn't LARP. If someone was having a birthday or I had made prior plans, I didn't LARP. After my second divorce, I returned and played from 2006-2010 and then I quit. It wasn't fun to me anymore. Most of my social group still plays and that's fine. I cancel my weekend gaming session when there is a LARP event and Jen and I travel or have an adventure or work on building things in my shop. It's really no big deal.

Over the Dragon*Con weekend (labor Day weekend) some friends got married that live about two hours away. A LARGE number of people asked the couple to reschedule their wedding. W.T.F? Seriously? So, we left Dragon*Con, drove to the wedding, attended, hugged people, and drove back to Atlanta. Because that's what adults do. They put Real Life ahead of other concerns. Yesterday,Jen had (months ago) planned a get together and invited 30 people. After we'd made the plans and people committed, it was decided that there would be a one-night-only LARP event starting late last night. 10 of the 30 people showed up and all of them were gone by 8 pm to go to this LARP event. Mildly irritating, but what the heck.

When I found out about the LARP event, I asked, specifically, if today's game should be canceled and was told: No, we'll all make it. So, I stayed up last night (after the party) putting the final touches on this game, and I slept until 9 am (which is late for me). I woke up to two text messages from people saying that they are not going to make it today due to staying up so late LARPing.

I am so pissed right now. I love my friends, but it's like dealing with a bunch of junkies or cultists. I could keep rambling, but it's kind of pointless. I am ranting to all of you to keep from blowing up on them in a public forum (that they would see), because that's not how adults behave. But, seriously, every time these people, my friends. ask me to do something, and I commit to it, I am there and these ARE my friends, they are good friends, excepting for this one behavior.

I'm through ranting now. :(

By comparison to the things going on with other people' date=' this is a minor issue, so, I apologize if this seems petty, but I am really angry right now. This requires some setup. [/quote']

It's a cranky thread, I don't think you need to justify it. Heck, I cranked about someone eating my sandwich a while ago. *g* I actually glad it's hear as it lets me post an offhand cranky comment that I wouldn't throw on Facebook.

It's a cranky thread' date=' I don't think you need to justify it. Heck, I cranked about someone eating my sandwich a while ago. *g* I actually glad it's hear as it lets me post an offhand cranky comment that I wouldn't throw on Facebook.[/quote']

You are a fine fellow for saying so. As a follow up, after I posted this (and my friends don't read this forum), I recieved a number of text messages saying that they would be here and were excited about today's game. So, that was eerie. :)

And that made me less cranky.

It's a cranky thread' date=' I don't think you need to justify it. Heck, I cranked about someone eating my sandwich a while ago. *g* I actually glad it's hear as it lets me post an offhand cranky comment that I wouldn't throw on Facebook.[/quote']

You are a fine fellow for saying so. As a follow up, after I posted this (and my friends don't read this forum), I recieved a number of text messages saying that they would be here and were excited about today's game. So, that was eerie. :)

And that made me less cranky.

I am pretty much done with my job. I've wanted to move up for a long time, but there's nowhere to go. It's also apparent the powers that be don't want me to move up. The only option is to move one. The problem is, I have a really hard time getting hired. I'd like to do something else besides teaching, but I've been doing it for so long, potential employers don't seem to see me as anything but a teacher. So I'm stuck doing a job I hate, and I can't find a way out.

And people wonder why I'm always in such a foul mood.

My Baby is going away in three hours. We are together so much we might as well be Siamese Twins' date=' so five days without him is going to be really weird. The worst part is on the sixth day he may have Jury Duty.[/quote']

It's okay, on the seventh day he can rest.

No problems are petty that consume your mind and sap your will. They may be "small", but when you feel like an ant, a golfball is a mountain. Sometimes, you just have to find a way to let go, to loosen your deathgrip on it long enough to open your hand, see it for what it is, and deal with it. Venting it to friends is a way to do that, even if we can't exactly help... other than by being sympathetic ears, so to speak.

I'm out of work again. Not the end of the world, certainly. Michelle's newest contract makes (at least) twice as much as my job and her unemployment benefits did - about 80k a year. Even an improvement over her last excellent contract.

We're both getting used to the contract work gig. My own wasn't up for another 5 months, but my schedule there was very incompatible with her new job, and they weren't interested in negotiating a change. Fair enough. I wasn't interested in jeapordizing her new situation in favor of my own. No hard feelings either way.

But I always feel "at loose ends" for a while in the aftermath, regardless of how it comes about. Directionless. I've hated that feeling ever since my days in the USAF.

Sorry to hear that, John T, I know the feeling. I'm considering quitting my job, except that I'm drowning in debt. I'm supposed to schedule a performance review this month. I'm going to talk about my dissatisfaction, but I need to do it in a way that won't get me fired. And I need to calm down so I don't say "f*** it, I quit" either. So I've been postponing that meeting. Right now I'm too angry and self-destructive.

Hope you both find a better work situation soon, guys.

My "not-girlfriend" is going slightly crazy working two jobs to make ends meet. The second job is actually pretty easy, but they recently let someone go without replacing them, and her manager doesn't seem to grok the concept of a "day off" so she often ends up working seven days a week for several weeks straight. It's really getting her down, and I'm the one who ends up dealing with the fallout.

And I'm just plain swamped with work, writing, acting as caretaker for two empty houses, and keeping "not my girlfriend" from going nuts.