The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Dear Netflix,

You know me so well. Why yes, I am interested in every one of the Top Ten for

Patrick on Watch Instantly. How can you tell? I've already seen and rated every

one of them. Try suggesting things I haven't already seen. Those should be easy

to tell as they would be the ones I haven't rated already.

signed, The Obvious.

Oh' date=' and Xavier, I hope your "Not" Girlfriend gets a day off soon.[/quote']

She took a much-needed sick day yesterday. Of course today her condition took a turn for the worse and she felt like she had to go in.

And I came down with.. something. I have no idea what, but I think it might be a mild case of the flu. I say "mild" because I got my flu shot this year and my fever broke after just a few hours, so it could've been worse. Still, no fun. The first sign that it was gonna be a bad day was when I woke up running for the toilet. Once I got some immodium in me and got to work I had a hilarious text exchange with "Not My Girlfriend"...

Me: Life sux today.

Her: Oh no! Why?

Me: Diahrrea!!! And I'm in the field, troubleshooting a very sick oil well.

Her: So, you're both spewing dark liquid, then? :)

Me: Uh, no. Clear fluid in both cases. That's the problem.

Girl's got a sick sense of humor, and I like it.

But I had to clock out after only half a day's work, and now I'm at home wondering if I should even try to have a late "soup and crackers" dinner. It might not stay down.

And of course, we had to cancel our Valentine's Day plans, which I won't go into here 'cuz this post is already pegging a lot of folks' TMI meters. You're welcome.

And of course' date=' we had to cancel our Valentine's Day plans, which I won't go into here 'cuz this post is already pegging a lot of folks' TMI meters. You're welcome.[/quote']

Neh, former military. I didn't really notice. Still, sorry you're feeling like liquefied, filtered sh**. ;)

My Hubby is now sleeping off a big hassle till 1:30 am, an eight hour non-direct flight home from 5:00 am, for which he had to get up at 3:30 am, and five nights of an empty hotel bed. He has Jury Duty tomorrow at 8:15 am. I'm going to just let him sleep the night if he wants and set an alarm for 5:00. He usually gets up at 3:00 to feed the cats, but I'll be comatose.

Not Fair !

I had a revelation at work. It's not the job I hate' date=' it's the company.[/quote']

I am pretty much done with my job. I've wanted to move up for a long time, but there's nowhere to go. It's also apparent the powers that be don't want me to move up. The only option is to move one. The problem is, I have a really hard time getting hired. I'd like to do something else besides teaching, but I've been doing it for so long, potential employers don't seem to see me as anything but a teacher. So I'm stuck doing a job I hate, and I can't find a way out.

And people wonder why I'm always in such a foul mood.

I'm supposed to have a performance review soon. I'm supposed to schedule it, but I've been putting it off. Why? Because I've been trying to get in a more diplomatic mood, but it's just not happening. I've been running the scenario in my head over and over again, and I just don't see it ending well.

Edit: Maybe I'm being unfair. It may not be all that bad, and I've been pretty paranoid lately. Still, I've gotten the short end of the stick quite often, and I do plan to talk about all my grievances during the meeting.

My household consists of three married couples, in addition to a couple of singles. We often play co-op games together with multiple xboxes in the same room. Why is it that significant others can't understand that the time to come and chat is not when we're in the middle of a firefight with Wey-Yu mercs while xenomorphs are trying to eat our faces? Thank goodness my wife doesn't do that.