The cranky thread

Hermit

Tkd' date=' go to the bottom of the page, click on the Page 1 icon, then go to the top of the page, and enter the last page in the Page field. Works in Chrome, at least.[/quote']

That's what I did, but it still wouldn't let me see the posts. It's working now, but I wish we didn't have to do this every time we click on a thread.

What an awful night I had! I went to bed early because the storm kept knocking out the power. Then I got a Charley horse on my right leg. I got another one on my left leg a half-hour later. My legs are still stiff right now. I hurt my forefinger tugging on a blanket. It shouldn't even have hurt because it's not something that causes pain. But it did, and it was unusually painful for several minutes. Maybe there's some joint damage. And at 4 am, after I had just settled down, my cat threw up on the carpet.

"#¤%&/!!! Seems to be really tough for me to get a student loan this term. Darn bureaucraticists' date=' changing rules on me ... Oh well, I'll see about upping my hours as a orderly ... Bye-bye, weekend rest.[/quote']

Sorry to hear that. I've had my share of problems with student loans.

It's the bit about changing the rules that bothers me, but that's not the fault of the people over at CSN (Centrala studiestödsnämnden [the National Board of Student Aid], the authority that handles government student loans and aid) -- the fault (if it can be called such) is with the people over at Umeå U's med school, who decided to change how student credits are counted from one term to the next. The change ought to be awesome for most students, but it has me caught in an economic vise.

ARRRGGGHH!!! I've never posted in this thread as I am usually far from grumpy. But this new forum has driven me here today. Hero forums are the place I park my computer. As a GM I use them all the time and often solicit help from other forum members... Today, it's all I can do to stay here long enough to post this gripe. I can't believe how bad this is! I feel totally lost and frustrated!!!!!!!! :(

I thought my car was leaking brake fluid, so I took it in to get checked.

Turns out it's only leaking oil. I say "only" because the mechanic didn't even offer to fix it, which I take to be the universal symbol for "just buy another car, already".

On the plus side, I discovered my current car battery had been working fine for a good nine years.

Daylight savings time sucks. My not-girlfriend is cranky. (Nothing in particular, just generally down.) This forum's software "upgrade" is driving me up the wall. I just spend $500 on a new ignition system (the whole shebang: coil, plugs, wires, etc) for the Xavier Onassis-mobile. That's money I could have used for a badly-needed new set of tires. The old tires do NOT look good at all. I owe state and federal taxes; no refund this year. I'm running behind on work, as well as my writing. My efforts to assemble a gaming group in Evansville, Indiana have once again failed miserably. "Old school" gamers bug the crap out of me. And some guy came in for a job interview at my office yesterday with a big ugly "SS" tattoo on his neck.

Other than that, everything's just spiffy.