The cranky thread

Hermit

On a personal crank thing, last year the idea was to do a character a month on the Champions forum. Only for the board crash to take it down and render the whole thing more or less null and void. I had also hoped to get to the target of 200 received commissions for the year. I'm still 8 shy now. Which shows that no plan survives contact with the enemy.

Wow.  Only eight short isn't bad.

I had goals last year which I think I got one done of...

Too much reliance on others and getting depressed over stuff I no longer have a part of.

Back at the sanctuary, I had worked with one particular cat and had gotten him to a pretty good point.  After I left, I still came back and worked with him.  Taking him for walks and just keeping him engaged.

New management then came down hard on me because of stuff I'm a little unclear why.   To continue working with this cat, I wound up having to go thru "volunteer training", which was funny since I had written up some of the guidelines.  And I hopped thru a bunch of different hoops, and then got told I couldn't actually work with the cat.  I could still visit him and at least I'm friends with one of the people that still works with him.
It's just annoying when I see a story about how much progress he has made in the last three years celebrating something "he never has experienced before", when I used to do that with him all the time.

The year from Hell continues after all. (Actually, well over a year and a half, coming on two ?)

I swear, if I weren't such a coward I'd live up to my handle entirely and go create a new life on some other part of the globe.

And no, there's not much I can talk about...part of what makes it so damn frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...