The cranky thread

Hermit

Some European shows I can only get online now. A local TV channel used to air them but stopped last May. So I have to stream them, which can be problematic given my location and internet speed. Even the episodes on reruns can be hard to watch, although they don't pause or skip as often as the live stream.

it seems pointless complaining about minutiae with the bad weather in the States and Ebola in Africa.

However hwne has that stopped anything ? So the Necter points company won't give points on Spirits, beer and liquours which stung me last night as I was 60 pence roughly $1 under the limit I needed for a promotion. Lovely.

"[black People] can have their equal rights when they get jobs."

--My Mother

She's started this habit of bringing up a contentious topic during her phone calls, causing an argument by saying asinine things like the above, and then curtly and condescendingly saying "We're not going to discuss it."

If you didn't want to discuss it, why did you bring it up, you obnoxious b***h?!

This is especially amusing/frustrating because not long ago, she was complaining about how her sister did the exact same thing, cutting off arguments she induced by saying "We're not going to talk about it."  So, she's a racist, *and* a hypocrite.  And at the risk of an infraction, which I will gladly accept, she b***hes about people on welfare while claiming to be a 'good christian'.  Wasn't one of Christ's big things supposed to be feeding the hungry and giving to the poor?

At this rate, I am not going to shed a tear at this woman's passing.  She is swiftly revealing herself to be everything I hate in people, and I honestly do not think I love her anymore.

Let.  Her.  Die.

• 2 weeks later...

The new job (hopefully it works out!) Makes me feel churlish, but no day I was flossing and pulled off half of a crown. Tuesday my wife found a crack in the bottom of our big acrylic Bathtub. Friday my mom asked me "did you order anything from Best Buy?". Then the Trojan took over her computer...

I believe there is a new, special place in HELL for hackers.

The battle to get pain meds is now over! Unfortunately that leaves me just 2 days into the battle to get off the meds.

Currently, I feel like I'm going to die. Also, I'm kind of hoping it happens soon.

Well, crap! Good thing I started keeping food down around supper time. Hopefully I'll feel well enough to keep down some bacon in the morning. 

However, I can already tell it will be another long night. Last night I didn't sleep longer than 30-40 minutes at a time. Tonight's looking the same. The insomnia is really the worst part. Everything is just worse when you're already suffering from sleep depravation. 

I'm tempted to say this is as bad as the pain I was taking the pills for, but it really isn't. If I had to do it all over again, the only thing I'd change is to make sure I had something to take for the withdrawal symptoms. 

I left work Friday having spent the day in BizTalk-an evil programming... something, designed by Microsoft (at least they sell it and take care of it). The worst part of BizTalk is the sheer number of things you have to fiddle with if something is wrong (and it will be. That's the nature of programming. If the program has any complexity at all, it won't be right the first time. You can produce exactly what the client has asked for but it won't be what they want (but that's another story)). I described my day to my wife like this (she took one look at me when I came in and thought I had been fired, my look was that bad):

Me: I spent the day in Biztalk.

S: Oh, I thought you had been fired from the look on your face.

Me: No. Remember the other night when we watched Flash and Reverse Flash go full-on bumper cars on each other?

S: Yep.

Me: I was wearing red.

S: Oh.

Me: And then Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and Gorilla Grodd joined in on the beat down.

S: I'm sorry.

I knew that come Monday, I would be back in it or trying to connect PL/SQL to a RESTful web service using OAuth2. Neither were happy thoughts, so I've been dreading coming back to work every time I thought about it over the weekend.

I get to work, already feeling the dread of loading BizTalk and see I have an email from a manager who can't find a new employee in the system. Apparently a program I take care of that runs every night didn't run correctly last night. A little digging, and it hasn't completed a run correctly since December 5. But no one has noticed. It's been putting error messages in the log and that's it.

Oh, frabjous day.