The cranky thread

Hermit

Last week I was diagnosed as diabetic.   I am in the "well controlled" category, but am trying to drastically cut carbs and increase exercise.   I have been taking Milkthistle and Cinnamon, as some studies have indicated that they can be as effective as some of the medications for it.  

I am already tired of meat, eggs, and cheese.   I LOVE all three.   

I have been trying to use sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and Pecans as snacking material, because I almost always seem to be hungry.   The problem is that all three are high in fats, so I fear they will ADD weight, instead of taking it off. 

Of course I also have to watch SALT, so almost any "fast food" or even "portable food" is out of the question. 

A month or so ago I had a VERY strong reminder that I cannot ignore the problem. 

I ran into my old Karate Instructor.   In the decades since I took classes from him, he lost a leg due to a Diabetes induced infection.  

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martial-arts-history/japanese-matial-arts-history/history-of-karate-video-the-story-of-goju-ryu-karate-techniques-master-teruo-chinen/

I've got voices, too. :D

Right before we moved, I kept waking up one night, b/c I heard my wife talking to me. Except, she was sound asleep. As soon as I would start to drift off, she'd say something! Like six times in a row. Turns out it was just a little hypnagogia. I usually only get the occasional leg twitch, but I guess the fatigue from moving had my wires crossed.

I'm being treated for an ear full of fluid and tinnitus now. On the third different medication, this time a steroid. And I have definitely noticed the psychotropic side effects. Much more on edge, harsher temper, and a hair trigger I am definitely not used to. Got most of another week to them. Grading exams starting Monday might be a little weirder than usual.

I'm being treated for an ear full of fluid and tinnitus now. On the third different medication, this time a steroid. And I have definitely noticed the psychotropic side effects. Much more on edge, harsher temper, and a hair trigger I am definitely not used to.

Steroid, or gamma radiation?

I really wish I could hide threads from myself.

Long ago ... several forums software versions back ... I noted that I didn't want to ignore people, I wanted to ignore some threads. And if you tell me just don't click on them, remember you're talking to the guy who in his prime had DEX 6.

Long ago ... several forums software versions back ... I noted that I didn't want to ignore people, I wanted to ignore some threads. And if you tell me just don't click on them, remember you're talking to the guy who in his prime had DEX 6.

It's my combination of low EGO and Poor Impulse Control.