The cranky thread

Hermit

Incompetence in business? that's unpossible! The market makes us efficient! 

(Our AM and DM are  touring stores today. Sometimes I'd love to travel with him:

DM: "So. You know that there's a stream of running water on the floor of your deli here, right?"

SM: "I guess that must have just started." (Nearby deli employees do the Eye-Roll-of-Complete-Agreement.)

AM: "Ugh! Bugs! Get them off me! Get them off me!"

SM: "Don't worry, they're under control. We get the janitor to vacuum them up every night."

[bakery manager, watching what's going on, gives the "Don't come over here yet, we haven't managed to hide the caved-in floor yet" signal.]

---I might be exaggerating here. I think we reported the cave-in...

this is too likely, in my experience.   Good luck. 

Ouch. Best wishes to your 9 year old.

Yeah, that sucks. Elementary school has given us a crash course in several exotic diseases, but not mono.

Yet.

The doc at Urgent Care said he was the third 9 year old from "up North" she had seen this week...     I called the school, they had not heard about any of them yet...

The new job so far seems to be going okay, but...

On Tuesday AM on the way to work,  I broke a crown.  I think it was a crown, at least, it could be a tooth...

I think this is the 4th broken one in three years.   WTH???             I hope I don't need a new doctor...                   Actually, one was a chunk of a tooth broke off after Insurance would not allow an actual Crown...

Amazingly, I actually have a Monday through Friday Job.   I get off at 1600. 

The Dentist won't start a crown job after 1430.      So I had to ask my new supervisor to let me out early one day.   I get to wait about a week...

Could be a heck of a lot worse, but I admit I was starting to wonder what I did to piss SOMEBODY off...

Sorry to hear about the crown. I've had those problems.

As for the work situation, I will make it clear that I'm not going to stay past my closing date. Who cares if they fire me? I'm already quitting anyway. And I'm working somewhere else, which is why I'm quitting in the first place.

Like my friend said, they can schedule me all they want. I don't have to go in; I already quit.