The cranky thread

Hermit

Good luck gewing, I've operated alongside commission-driven sales before, it's high risk but it can also be high reward.

I just got word yesterday that I have to cut another position from my staff. Pretty soon, I won't have a staff and therefore there will be no need for me.

Did I mention the soul sucking?

I sympathize.  Three times in my life I've had to lay off great workers through no fault of their own.  I have no problem firing people who suck or cause trouble, but I'm at the point where I'd rather just take the bullet myself rather than commit another layoff.

Is everyone else having a summer as shitty as mine?

Probably. I hurt my hip a while back and have hardly been able to walk for nearly three weeks now. I'm slowly getting better but I have so much work to do around the house that's going undone. It's frustrating. Not only that, but I can't sleep much because of the pain and haven't been eating much because I can't stand up long enough to cook. I'm not sure why your summer sucks but you have my sympathy.

Busy... no breathing space oddly. Three cars among housemates and family, all three break down at the same time or one after the other again. Medical troubles with one family member, other problems with another. My usual 'Eye of the storm' situation where folks I love are getting hit harder than I am but I'm not loving the view :(

It's going to get worse.

Mine literally started a few hours ago, and it has not yet turned to dreck. Posted grades yesterday, but some ancillary tasks with deadlines didn't get laid to rest until this afternoon. I didn't get home and into proper summer mode until 6 PM. It's raining and traffic was awful. But I have nothing I need to do (besides feed cats) until gaming tomorrow evening, and there's a glass of ethanol solution in arm's reach.

I turned in my two weeks notice yesterday my wife has been very sick for the last 3 days to the point that she probably should have gone urgent care but she couldn't have driven there without me coming home from work. My mom is back in the hospital the troubles continue with the my dad and the caregivers... life is a four letter word

My usual 'Eye of the storm' situation where folks I love are getting hit harder than I am but I'm not loving the view :(

I get where you're coming from.  My youngest called last night because nearly all the power was out in her apartment (most of the lights and half of the outlets, though the fridge and microwave are still powered).  She's driving home today (6-7 hour drive, past Chicago - YUCK), and she doesn't know whether she'll have electricity when she gets back.  (Landlord thinks he can get an electrician to fix it "sometime next week".)

My oldest is stressing over her wedding (still a year away) and work (which she can't easily quit because of said wedding).  My wife was cranky because of her mom, who has dementia, as well as feeling stress because of the kids, plus getting gifts for my birthday / father's day.  Plus we have no A/C, and temps have been in the 90s for the past several days.

Except for the mother-in-law's dementia, none of the things going on are horribly bad in the grand scheme of things, but enough pile up to make things a pain.  And I know that others have things way, way worse, so I get pissed at myself for getting irritated at the relatively minor things going wrong.

What sucks the most to me is being unable to fix any of it.  Can't help either of my kids with their problems, nor my wife.  Just have to ride it all out and hope for the best. 

I turned in my two weeks notice yesterday my wife has been very sick for the last 3 days to the point that she probably should have gone urgent care but she couldn't have driven there without me coming home from work. My mom is back in the hospital the troubles continue with the my dad and the caregivers... life is a four letter word

You know why they call it "life"?  Because all the other four-letter words were taken.  ;)

My sympathies as well, and best of luck on both the work front as well as wife's / parents' health fronts.