The cranky thread

Hermit

You never know what you've got until it's gone--like the swamp cooler. It went down on Thursday. But never fear: they're sending someone to replace it.

On Wednesday.

Forecast high temperatures between now and then:

Sunday: 94°F

Monday: 94°F

Tuesday: 93°F

Wednesday: 95°F

(That's 34-35°C for you metric types.)

Yes, I know I live in the barren desert, but it's September, for crying out loud. This shouldn't be happening.

> cue gratuitous profanity <

At least it's a dry heat!  - Hudson, from Aliens

Sorry to hear about your cooler. Our A/C went down on one of those 105+ days and it took most of two days to get it fixed. We resorted to fans, cold showers, and freezing our t-shirts to get through it. 

It's true about dry heat, though. I'd much rather be here in Nevada where I can handle one hundred degree heat than back in Texas where anything about seventy degrees or higher would make me want to die because of the humidity. In Texas, I had an air conditioner and still couldn't handle summer. Here in Nevada, all I have is a box fan and I don't even use it every day. The only real problem I have here is needing to drink about five hundred gallons of water a day to stay hydrated. Oh, and the chapped lips. I hate that. 

Cabin fever is starting to kick in. I've tried sleep, video games. watching movies (started like three before turning them all off), and chores. I feel antsy and discontented. I can't even think about developing many of my hanging roleplaying projects. 

Bah humbug!

I've been suffering that a lot lately. You have my sympathy.

It's true about dry heat, though. I'd much rather be here in Nevada where I can handle one hundred degree heat than back in Texas where anything about seventy degrees or higher would make me want to die because of the humidity. In Texas, I had an air conditioner and still couldn't handle summer. Here in Nevada, all I have is a box fan and I don't even use it every day. The only real problem I have here is needing to drink about five hundred gallons of water a day to stay hydrated. Oh, and the chapped lips. I hate that. 

I moved from Central Florida to Las Vegas 35 years ago, and I find that I can't really handle heat + humidity well anymore. That said, a dry heat is how raisins are made, and is what is typically found in an oven.