Hermit

The cranky thread

I posted this originally in the Unpleasant Start to the Day thread:- 

The ex-tenant of my mother has sent her a letter threatening court action if he does not get his deposit back. Strangely enough he included a photocopy of the rent book which shows arrears of £125, which is over half of the deposit.

So we are trying to settle this by getting rid of him. Only he writes to his lawyer again threatening legal action. And I found that out today. So I had to write him an email pointing out the errors his client made and also forwarded him the e-mails his client sent which contain the errors. And I also confirmed that he had received and signed for the cheque. Hopefully this is the end of it.

Lady Pariah took everything out of the diaper bag-- not a trivial undertaking, mind you--and washed it last week.

Today, in the store, Little Boy Pariah was fiddling around with an umbrella that we don't need and in the process knocked mom's shake into the said diaper bag.

Pretty much everything in the diaper bag was then covered with chocolate chip peppermint shake, which means the bag itself and most of its contents will need to be washed.

Fantastic.

On 7/7/2018 at 11:13 PM, Pariah said:

Found out today that one of my wife's best friends--she and her now-husband introduced us, in fact--has Stage 4 colon cancer.

She's 45 years old.

She has a son who's younger than ours.

Shit.

She was admitted to the hospital over the weekend to try to remove a blockage in her lower intestine.

After two days of tests, they discharged her to spend her remaining days with her family.

This weekend was particularly bad to the point where a pow wow of "Maybe should tell her ass to get out and if she ends up in a week and a half on her face in her drive way again for another 20 hours don't call us"

Today I had to put down my 16 year old Shiba Inu, Foxy Dude.  He has been failing for a few months and  sometime last night he collapsed,  He may have thrown a clot or had some other  kind of stroke.  He couldn't stand and was showing signs of some brain damage.  I know that I couldn't let him suffer, but I'm feeling guilty.  I decided to kill a creature who could love.  It's going to take some time..  He was 2  years past his experation date, but it is still hard.

I've been there.  It's not an easy call to make and it's even harder to be there when it happens.  But it would have been selfish to keep him when he's suffering.  Sympathies.

It's 58°F in my house right now, and the system is blowing cold air. I have tried checking and restarting the furnace, as well as resetting the thermostat, all to no avail. I've texted the landlord, but so far I haven't heard back from him, I don't know what to do next.