The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

What is it with people who think they're my boss? Look' date=' I don't work for you, and giving imperious orders is about the best way I can think of to make sure your task gets done last. A little respect goes a long way. Dick.[/quote']

Kwitcherbitchin' and get back to work. :D

Guest Skaramine

Hm' date=' what do you do when the shrink is the source of the stress?[/quote']

Villify her. Mine screwed me over big time and I'm going through withdrawal from the crap she gave me for six years.

Guest Skaramine

So she gave you addictive crap?

She gave me stuff that coming down off of it, I'm going through flu-like symptoms.

However, this medicine also ballooned me up to 300 pounds, contributed to my diabetis, and left me practically comatose during the day. And then she prescribed another medicine that she wanted to increase by 150% and that would have left me sleeping all 24 hours a day.

Bad morning... where do I turn?... Oh, wait! It's the Cranky Thread! I must hunt it down and post!

OMW home last night I could feel the car pulling to the right. Rather than hope on the freeway that way, I pull off and see that the tire is low. So I drive on it about 1/4 mile to a gas station and pump it up with air. Seems to be holding... no obvious issues with nails and such. Nonetheless, I think I should put the spare on there. While rumaging through the trunk I discover I have the Jack, the Tiny Spare, and ... No handle for the jacke! So I drive home.

When I get out, the tire pressure doesn't seem to have changed, so it's probably a slow leak. I got upstairs. This morning I get up early to check it and the thing is just flat as heck.

So in my work clothes I change the tire, having found the handle in my apartment. Now after I get it on there, I'm tightening the nuts and I proceed to give the handle such a turn that the car falls right off the jack. It's a short drop, but it does two things: It serves to make me paranoid about how well the tire is going to hold even thorugh I tightened it as much as humanly possible, and it serves to bend the jack into a pretzel.

The spare says inflate to 60 PSI, and it's currently... 32. So I drive a service station near home (Closest is 1/2 a mile) and find their air is out of service. I'm in a major metropolitan area and the next closest station is 1.5 miles. So I drive there and some a-hole has parked in front of the air pump. So I wait until this guy finally clears out after buying is coffee and ding dongs at the market and discover... it too has a sign for out of order.

So I drive to a third station (this one across the streeet) and inflate the temp tire. I call my dealership, who are the only ones I've ever taken this particular car to and I ask them if they can fix a flat tire and they say yes, bring it over.

So I drive over there and discover that the tire is "too worn to repair" and that they don't carry tires. I'll have to go to a tire dealership for that. So I drive on my tiny tire over to a place that actually seemed to know what they were doing. So now I suspect the car will be stolen or blow up when I get in it later, but we'll see.

Gooooood Morning everyone.

Another day of zip to do at work. There is a network that needs to be re-configured in order for the testers (like me) to properly test the gear we were hired to test. Only the network is not ready yet... so I get to sit on my @$$ all day.

Yesterday, I tried to apply for a credit card through my credit union. My credit rating is very good, I have paid off all of my credit cards save one, and I wanted to do a balance transfer to the low-interest card my CU offers. I got turned down.

And for the past several days (especially today), I have had about four people vent their frustrations at me. Its especially bad when the person doing the venting is expressing their anger with a person I am very close to.

On days like this... I just want to be a hermit.

Guest Skaramine

Oh' date=' one of [i']those[/i] shrinks. If only you could actually solve all real life problems with a pill or two. Sounds to me like you'd have been better off on cocaine.

Yeah. Fifth day - I thought I was better than yesterday. From Sunday to yesterday, my nerves were on edge, my hands shaking, and I was alternating between hot and chills.

Then today I feel somewhat better, then Angrybug asks me what "bra" means when HE CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT FROM THE FRICKIN' CONTEXT! And I snap on him.

Not good.

Not frickin' good at all.

My doc changed one of my meds recently. No more side affects on my "personal life" YAY. Almost as good, the tendency of the new med towards constipation is helping counter the tendency of ALL the others towards...

I am a little bothered that I am periodically having those little anger snaps. Some days I am just, well, Pissy. Hopefully it is something to do with the sinus infection that is being treated...

Good luck. SOmetimes it helps when I realize I am irritible, I can either control it better or warn the people around me.

Yeah. Fifth day - I thought I was better than yesterday. From Sunday to yesterday, my nerves were on edge, my hands shaking, and I was alternating between hot and chills.

Then today I feel somewhat better, then Angrybug asks me what "bra" means when HE CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT FROM THE FRICKIN' CONTEXT! And I snap on him.

Not good.

Not frickin' good at all.

Guest Skaramine

My doc changed one of my meds recently. No more side affects on my "personal life" YAY. Almost as good, the tendency of the new med towards constipation is helping counter the tendency of ALL the others towards...

I am a little bothered that I am periodically having those little anger snaps. Some days I am just, well, Pissy. Hopefully it is something to do with the sinus infection that is being treated...

Good luck. SOmetimes it helps when I realize I am irritible, I can either control it better or warn the people around me.

Well, my new doctor is getting me free and clear of this junk I've been on for the past 5 or 6 years. I wonder what kind of a human being I'm returning to being.

I wonder if waking up from the drugged state I've been in will make things better for me. Lord knows, it hasn't stopped my irritability anyway.

Well, my new doctor is getting me free and clear of this junk I've been on for the past 5 or 6 years. I wonder what kind of a human being I'm returning to being.

I wonder if waking up from the drugged state I've been in will make things better for me. Lord knows, it hasn't stopped my irritability anyway.

Good luck with that. I was on a couple different ones from late 2000 up to late last year. I'm not quite to my old self yet, but I got a couple health issues to finish up. My wife had a hellish time of it, but feels better off of the damn things. She was on for nine years and the doses just kept getting larger and more complex. Though, the irritability was raised a few notches for awhile.

Guest Skaramine

Thanks, Lemming, Gewing, Old Man.

You almost can make a cranky ol' bastard uncranky... but for the sake of staying with this thread... I'm not cured yet. ;)

When I went on meds, my biggest fear was that I would not like the sort of person I would become. Then again, the person I was at the time wasn;t such hot stuff, so I gave it a shot. Luckily, I had a good therapist and drugs going for me. Nowadays, I just need the drugs to keep the chemicals in my brain from spiraling out of control.

It still sucks, though, that I need them.

Guest Skaramine

Kly, you had a good therapist and she probably is keeping the drugs regulated and not giving you medications whose side effects could worsen your health.

My doctor gave me a medication that was contra-indicated by my diabetes - it RAISED my blood sugar by nearly 40 points. Now I'm coming back down to normal, but my liver's still dumping blood sugar in the morning. The other medicine threw my metabolism out of whack and it raised my weight to where my physical problems started.

I'm pretty lucky that I'm not on meds. But Kee needs a bunch of them.

So today she has to do something after work, and needs me to pick up her meds. I hate this! It feels like every time I have to pick up her meds, someone along the line screws something up!

So I get to hang out with the feeling of impending disaster all afternoon.

Doc

Another day of zip to do at work. There is a network that needs to be re-configured in order for the testers (like me) to properly test the gear we were hired to test. Only the network is not ready yet... so I get to sit on my @$$ all day.

Yesterday, I tried to apply for a credit card through my credit union. My credit rating is very good, I have paid off all of my credit cards save one, and I wanted to do a balance transfer to the low-interest card my CU offers. I got turned down.

And for the past several days (especially today), I have had about four people vent their frustrations at me. Its especially bad when the person doing the venting is expressing their anger with a person I am very close to.

On days like this... I just want to be a hermit.

You should definitely find out why you were turned down. Not that you really probably want to hear constructive stuff, I know you were venting, but just in case - felt I should mentiont it. Mainly you'll want to ensure there's nothing on your credit that you don't know about. The only thing I can think of them turning it down for is recent changes in work history, but even then you should be able to reapply or even "negotiate" the issue by escalating it to a manager. It sounds fishy, anyway, and it is possible to have stuff on your credit report that shouldn't be there.

Thanks, Lemming, Gewing, Old Man.

You almost can make a cranky ol' bastard uncranky... but for the sake of staying with this thread... I'm not cured yet. ;)

Remember, you can always flame Melvin! :)

Good luck to all of you, I don't have much to add. In general right now I feel intellectually and emotionally sluggish. Suffice to say that I do realize how difficult this stuff is, particularly as my mother had her own set of issues, more often untreated though. It's strange/interesting how anger is one of the hardest emotions we have to handle, in terms, that is, of public displays. I have had the same issue, even if it's not at all obvious from the boards, and even though I'm not saying it's to your degree, Skaramine, or others'.