Hermit

The cranky thread

10 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

Nothing as serious as what I'm seeing above, but I've developed a bizarre super-power in my old age.

I can get pimples on the inside of my eyelid on a recurring basis.

The plus side is that there's a readily available antibiotic for this problem.

The downside is that it causes unbelievable diarrhea and cramping.

Woke up this morning with my eye swollen nearly shut again.  Time for my pills.  :(

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

I am not laughing at you, Good Sir (or Ma'am; I can't tell from here, and don't want to offend).

I am laughing because one of the guys I work with has a general malaise condition colloquially known as "tender stomach."  The upshot is that there is very little he can eat that doesn't result in gastric distress, usually the high-pressure, lots-of-trips-to-the-men's-room sort of distress.   His favored euphemism for this-- 

well, the quote by which he is most well-known is "Uh, guys; y'all'll have to excuse me a minute.  I gotta go crap my eyes out."

Here's hoping that doesn't happen to you, Fox.     :lol:

15 hours ago, ScottishFox said:

Nothing as serious as what I'm seeing above, but I've developed a bizarre super-power in my old age.

I can get pimples on the inside of my eyelid on a recurring basis.

The plus side is that there's a readily available antibiotic for this problem.

The downside is that it causes unbelievable diarrhea and cramping.

Woke up this morning with my eye swollen nearly shut again.  Time for my pills.  :(

I've had a similar problem, although I never took any medication for it. My condition wasn't as serious, though. Best wishes.

6 hours ago, death tribble said:

Got called by the doctor to say that my mother survived and she is in one of the ICU wards. The surgeon said in a rather jolly fashion that they had cleaned out the puss which if it had been allowed to stay would have killed her. I understand that doctors have to have a coping mechanism but still it grates. Saw her briefly and visiting times are 6 hours, 11-2 and 4-7. Passed info around and also contacted friends.

I hope your mom recovers quickly. Continued best wishes for her.

Hated Christmas

Getting to dread halloween

Find Thanksgiving a chore

New Years Eve isn't fun anymore

Valentine's Day is for couples

And July 4th is harder to distract myself from concerns for my country.

I think it's getting so the only holiday that's stress free is Ground Hog Day.

14 hours ago, Hermit said:

Hated Christmas

Getting to dread halloween

Find Thanksgiving a chore

New Years Eve isn't fun anymore

Valentine's Day is for couples

And July 4th is harder to distract myself from concerns for my country.

I think it's getting so the only holiday that's stress free is Ground Hog Day.

Tell that to the ground hog

Mum did not end being moved until today and is now on the 7th floor. The main entrance is on the 6th floor so no problems.

The weather was atrocious last night and this morning when I went out to see her. Visiting hours are extended from 7:30 to 22:00.

But she is getting better bit by bit

I keep watching the coverage on the leader of ISIS being killed, but in my head I keep hearing “Hail Hydra, Cut off one head and two more grow back.”  
    Where’s Captain America when we need him?

More tubes being removed from mother. Moved from cubicle to general part of ward so there are more people. However we lost a number of the crosswords that Mum was trying to do. Ho hum. And she is expecting me to get some things done before I have had a chance to look at them. A card I was supposed to pick up was sent in the post. To the wrong ward.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. Had a visit from the boys in blue, well technically boy and girl in blue, on Tuesday looking for my mother. A guy had damaged her car (right back light and bumper). They had arrested him for drunk/dangerous driving. It will take time for insurance details to go through  although a guy Mum knows reckons the insurance people will say the car should be written off as it would cost more to repair it. He however could repair it as it is still roadworthy.

On 10/27/2019 at 2:11 PM, Tjack said:

I keep watching the coverage on the leader of ISIS being killed, but in my head I keep hearing “Hail Hydra, Cut off one head and two more grow back.”  
    Where’s Captain America when we need him?

They got the #2 guy within a couple days and .... they've already promoted another guy to supreme commander of their death cult.

Well, my House mate's mother chose today to try to drive on her own. Despite the fact she failed a driver's test that she agreed to abide by over a month ago. Of course, once she failed, she was sure it was a trick! 

Yep. her daughter had set her up. And she didn't like the lady who tested her. And that lady didn't know her job. Etc.

I can't stop her. So I tried talking to her, mostly hoping to delay her so her daughter and son in law (The fools thought they could have free time on their anniversary for a Brunch? Not on Narcissist Hag's watch!) 

"I'm worried someone is going to get hurt" I said.

"Well if they do they do" she says hobbling down the the side walk towards her car.

Yes, THAT sort of talk is reassuring... you sociopath.

I was, naturally, stunned "You don't care if someone gets hurt?"

"Get behind me and find out" She sniffs.

Yay. Threats are fun.

Fortunately, her daughter and son in law came in at that moment as I was watching her get into her car.

But she's showing all signs of trying again.

This self centered #$#$# is going to run over someone and there's not a damned thing we can do about it.

14 hours ago, Hermit said:

This self centered #$#$# is going to run over someone and there's not a damned thing we can do about it.

You can call the police the very second she gets behind the wheel and tell them she's driving without a license and says she doesn't care if she hurts someone (danger to others) and see where that goes.

1 hour ago, ScottishFox said:

You can call the police the very second she gets behind the wheel and tell them she's driving without a license and says she doesn't care if she hurts someone (danger to others) and see where that goes.

The plan currently is i tell the daughter, and the daughter calls the police. *nod*

14 minutes ago, Starlord said:

Perhaps there are some mental health issues going on there....

OH definitely, but as we can't prove it yet to the folks with power... frustration abounds.

She's also never been a particularly nice woman on top of it.

8 minutes ago, L. Marcus said:

Frontal lobe dementia is very much not fun for anyone involved. :(

I've got a front row seat to watching it ruin 3 lives 

And thanks guys. I just needed to vent once more...

and maybe put it down for the tally books

20 hours ago, death tribble said:

My mother got a parking ticket today all because the disabled badge was not showing the date. I tried explaining that my mother was in hospital to no avail. But we can appeal it. After we have paid of course.

Ugh. Bureaucracy