The cranky thread

Hermit

Last night my almost TKD black belt 10 year old punched me full crank in the spine.  Normally that'd be fine, but I was caught completely unaware and it landed on my bad disk.

It legit hurt.

I let my daughter know in no uncertain terms that the days of hitting dad full blast were over.  She's too big now.

I could see the superhero version of me die in her eyes.  :(

16 minutes ago, ScottishFox said:

Last night my almost TKD black belt 10 year old punched me full crank in the spine.  Normally that'd be fine, but I was caught completely unaware and it landed on my bad disk.

It legit hurt.

I let my daughter know in no uncertain terms that the days of hitting dad full blast were over.  She's too big now.

I could see the superhero version of me die in her eyes.  :(

Ouch.

In more ways than one.

Maybe tell her she has moved beyond the Titans and is ready to join the Justice League?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wife unit managed to get a pulmonary embolism in both lungs this last weekend.  Fri-Sun in the ER/Hospital.

Then the day after release she develops severe back pain which is on the oh-shit! list of side effects for the medicine she just started the day before.

Back to the ER!

My daughter is getting a rough lesson in values. 

Today she announced she was happy as she went to school.  Why?  Because mom's not in the ER today.  Said in the same tone I might remark on how nice a breezy, sunny day is.

• 4 weeks later...