The cranky thread

Hermit

So an update on my Wal-Mart pharmacy adventure.

It turns out that my doctor's office didn't authorize the refill on my medicine and that the lady who took forever typing my name into the computer this morning at the pharmacy lied to me about the doctor's office authorizing the refill and about how that Wal-Mart would have it ready for my daughter to pick up by 1:30 pm.

My daughter arrived at the pharmacy counter a few minutes ago and we had to go through the whole rigmarole again but with her there and me on the speakerphone after she'd had to go and stand in the "drop off" line to get our questions answered after already having stood a good long while in the "pick up line". 

I want single payer nationalized socialized medicine which forces companies who sell medicine to use unbroken computers and doctors who don't force you to go through crap to get medicine which is already on their books as "yes, I actually did already write a prescription for that, the pharmacy must have screwed up".

DT, glad your cousin is doing better and hope you are too.

TKDGuy, hope your cat is OK. I get very attached to my pet critters, so I know it's a rough time. Wishing you and her the best.

I've got a (probably) benign tumor that's pretty large sitting between my spine (and growing out of it) and my aorta. Not looking forward to getting it cut out. Especially disturbed by the idea of collapsing one lung to do the work, even though that's routine. Since I developed asthma in the Army, I've had a slight fear of death by asphyxiation.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate dealing with people who are apparently unaware the rest of us are occupying the same reality. 

We’re looking at starting late at work due to a snow storm and this guy is telling me he’s going to have dig his car out of the snow - as I’m staring at the cars buried in my driveway. 

Does this guy think he’s the only one who got snowed on?  Seriously?

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I hate dealing with people who are apparently unaware the rest of us are occupying the same reality. 

We’re looking at starting late at work due to a snow storm and this guy is telling me he’s going to have dig his car out of the snow - as I’m staring at the cars buried in my driveway. 

Does this guy think he’s the only one who got snowed on?  Seriously?

Okay. I admit to a lack of perception skills and sometimes I have the empathy of a pet rock, but geez o pete. This makes me feel down right in tune with the cosmos by comparison. 

Sympathies

Melancholy.

An old, old family friend of my wife's passed away a couple of days ago; he was an uncle to my wife and her sister in all but blood, and he'd been the principal photographer at our wedding.  It was not COVID related, he was in his 90s, he'd been in general slow decline for a year or two.  After a hospital visit a week and half or so back, we all had been waiting for it to happen; his swallow reflex had stopped working properly, so that he was aspirating whenever he swallowed.  Nothing you can do about that, other than hope it comes back into working order.  It didn't.  He'd been at home waiting for the inevitable for about a week, during which time my wife and her sister spent a lot of time with him.   Not a happy time.

Now, my wife and her sister are the heirs in his will, and he was a Boeing engineer for over 35 years.  But before you inherit someone has to die, and if it could have been arranged so that he would have been comfortable, content, and safe for the interval, we'd rather he was still with us.