The cranky thread

Hermit

Guest Skaramine

Re: The cranky thread

Damnit Worldmaker! Some of us are on the WEST COAST AND ANGEL ISN'T ON YET!

Hell, some of us were out and TAPED IT!

:(

One of my favorite characters... :(

Does that finally make you cranky? ;)

Nope, just bummed. lol And I'm over it. :)

So I played Rachel in Triple Play 2002 on our PS2. Since I regularly beat her at Madden 2002, I figured I'd do okay.

She threw a perfect game and was hittin' balls out of the park left and right. :rofl:

Guest Skaramine

Nope, just bummed. lol And I'm over it. :)

So I played Rachel in Triple Play 2002 on our PS2. Since I regularly beat her at Madden 2002, I figured I'd do okay.

She threw a perfect game and was hittin' balls out of the park left and right. :rofl:

At least you can play Triple Play on your PC. I have TP 2001... and my stupid #%$%^$% computer can't run a program that

s only 3 years old! ^&%*(&^*)&^)&(*&)(&)(

Guest Skaramine

Oh' date=' and for other people: Stay out of the Random thread until after you watch Angel, unless you want plot points given away.[/quote']

TOO LATE! :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guest Skaramine

Touch yourself and eat a bowl of ice cream. It always makes me feel better.

I refuse to comment further on the grounds it may incriminate me. :angel:

I'll check, right now I can see it's RCA on the front of the device but can't see a model #, and - given the issue we just discussed - I don't want to "disturb" it just now by checking. I'll check when I'm offline though...thanks.

Maybe they would be kicked out on their asses like the jerks they are?

And them maybe they would play music. :)

Then again, what would the talk radio arseholes have to talk about if that ended?

Hmm...

Maybe they'd play MUSIC then.

You should definitely find out why you were turned down. Not that you really probably want to hear constructive stuff' date=' I know you were venting, but just in case - felt I should mentiont it. Mainly you'll want to ensure there's nothing on your credit that you don't know about. The only thing I can think of them turning it down for is recent changes in work history, but even then you should be able to reapply or even "negotiate" the issue by escalating it to a manager. It sounds fishy, anyway, and it is possible to have stuff on your credit report that shouldn't be there.[/quote']

They said that there was "too much activity" on my existing credit. I know my credit reports are clean - I had them all reviewed recently. I think the Credit Union just doesn't like me - this is the second time they turned me down. The first time was a few years ago when I applied for a debt consolidation loan.

Bastards.

So there I am at work, minding my own business, trading e-mails with folks. I know already that X is cranky towards me and a couple of friends of mine (Y and Z), as we had discussed the the previous day. So today, Y tells me in e-mails how cranky she is towards X. I then get a letter from Z telling me how cranky he is at X. And since no one is speaking to each other... *I* get to bear the full brunt of full-cranky from three different people.

As if that were not enough, I hear from an online friend of mine (A) how cranky she is towards somebody else (T) - who also happens to be a friend of mine. I send an e-mail to T to try to be helpful, but I only end up getting T mad ad me.

End result? I am full of the no-holds-barred cranky-energy of five different people - and none of it was even my own.

NOW some of it is.

And I'm supposed to run a game tomorrow?

Play at your own risk....

So there I am at work' date=' minding my own business, trading e-mails with folks. I know already that X is cranky towards me and a couple of friends of mine (Y and Z), as we had discussed the the previous day. So today, Y tells me in e-mails how cranky she is towards X. I then get a letter from Z telling me how cranky [b']he[/b] is at X. And since no one is speaking to each other... *I* get to bear the full brunt of full-cranky from three different people.

As if that were not enough, I hear from an online friend of mine (A) how cranky she is towards somebody else (T) - who also happens to be a friend of mine. I send an e-mail to T to try to be helpful, but I only end up getting T mad ad me.

End result? I am full of the no-holds-barred cranky-energy of five different people - and none of it was even my own.

NOW some of it is.

And I'm supposed to run a game tomorrow?

Play at your own risk....

That just sucks screaming out loud, sorry.

I sense PCs with many personal problems...and perhaps in a deathtrap...or 10... (nah, just kidding)

I can't get in to the political threads for the last few days. Everything posted (either political position) strikes me as an oversimplification deliberately intended to mislead. The world's biggest news items from September 11, 2001 on are greeted with demands for cites and and counter cites, or claimed as nonexistent. Google is free people and I do need to spend some f*cking time actually working. I am not going to link you to f*cking Scientific American and the Hubble telescope to prove the f*cking sky is blue.

That didn't really feel as good as I hoped. Oh, well. Maybe a vacation from the bords is in order.

I can't get in to the political threads for the last few days. Everything posted (either political position) strikes me as an oversimplification deliberately intended to mislead. The world's biggest news items from September 11, 2001 on are greeted with demands for cites and and counter cites, or claimed as nonexistent. Google is free people and I do need to spend some f*cking time actually working. I am not going to link you to f*cking Scientific American and the Hubble telescope to prove the f*cking sky is blue.

That didn't really feel as good as I hoped. Oh, well. Maybe a vacation from the bords is in order.

I know what you mean. I think there's a general malaise lately, we need a new poster to shake things up a bit and challenge us. Brilliant Helm and Witch Doctor have been good in doing so (to my occassional chagrin, god bless 'em each) but for the most part we're in this mode of predictability which seems to more often cause people to resort to the mundane tactics early. I think the boards go through this cycle every few months.

Then again maybe it's just spring fever.

The whole cite thing is funny. I do ask for cites, but to me it's mostly just so I can refer to it and pass it on if of interest to others, it's not so much "your point is invalid if you can't cite!" - well except for some of the whackier stuff anyway. The funny thing on cites though is how as soon as you provide one, of course, you get back the "ah-ha, well, that's so biased I can't take that seriously!" Sometimes it's just more fun to argue in the abstract, and often I'm convinced that "specific provable facts" just aren't all they're cracked up to be. And often I think people throw those up as a convenient barrier to naysay.