The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

back on topic.

things thta make me cranky:

people that try to derail threads that they started! :eg:

see martial cringe thread:

What makes me cranky is it being implied I derailed my own thread...

:D

Not cranky at all, but, seriously, did you take that as a derail? I was just interested in what "martial cringe" might become in game terms - to me it seems on topic, even still.

(I hope on your "cranky" list isn't "pedantic exploration of meaning of terms" :) )

Guest Skaramine

Maybe they would be kicked out on their asses like the jerks they are?

And them maybe they would play music. :)

You know, we could always put these people to real entertainment use -

Bread and Circuses anyone?

Lions 10, Talk Show Hosts 0.

Guest Skaramine

I can't get in to the political threads for the last few days. Everything posted (either political position) strikes me as an oversimplification deliberately intended to mislead. The world's biggest news items from September 11, 2001 on are greeted with demands for cites and and counter cites, or claimed as nonexistent. Google is free people and I do need to spend some f*cking time actually working. I am not going to link you to f*cking Scientific American and the Hubble telescope to prove the f*cking sky is blue.

That didn't really feel as good as I hoped. Oh, well. Maybe a vacation from the bords is in order.

Well... I just remember you being entirely dismissive of the articles I copied refuting your doubts that Syria was all that powerful a force in the Chemical Weapons proliferation arena.

Y'know, I'm really getting sick of the "liberals are evil, conservatives are evil" thing that goes on.

It's just really pissing me off lately, and it's getting incredibly boring.

Well, as long as everyone is equally evil, what does it really matter?

Doc

I wish I could tell if this was a cold, or just allergies. It makes a difference wrt whether I stay home form work and how I medicate myself. And there are few things that irritate me more than not being able to breathe through my nose.

End result? I am full of the no-holds-barred cranky-energy of five different people - and none of it was even my own.

NOW some of it is.

And I'm supposed to run a game tomorrow?

Play at your own risk....

Never get in the middle.

And I thought we were playing Desires tomorrow. Which is White Heat's game.

Doc

I mean' date=' seriously, how was it a derail? Not to pester, and I recognize plenty of times my messages ARE derails, but this one - ?[/quote']No, you did not try to derail the thread. I was being silly and not getting away with it nearly as well as some other posters would (like Mightbec :eg: ).

oh well. sorry :cry:

I did find it quite amusing that you thought the name of the manuever should be changed when you created the thread in the first place. :hush:

No, you did not try to derail the thread. I was being silly and not getting away with it nearly as well as some other posters would (like Mightbec :eg: ).

oh well. sorry :cry:

I did find it quite amusing that you thought the name of the manuever should be changed when you created the thread in the first place. :hush:

That's all cool, just wondering.

Few can derail as Kara or Mightybec. I'd like to think I have some derail-fu (the easiest is just to ask questions - and now we are not talking cranky, are we?), but not on that magnitude!

Of course you'll note I changed the name of the thread when people started introducing some sort of actual "goodness" into it, I was thinking of it just as a pure out-and-out "cringe with some fu"! Sort of "don't hit me" but very swashbuckling in its own way!

After three years of zero funding for road maintenance, the mayor has finally heard the complaints of his constituents and now is paving everything. At once. Traffic is at a standstill. It's impossible to drive thirty feet without hitting a steamroller.

I'll check' date=' right now I can see it's RCA on the front of the device but can't see a model #, and - given the issue we just discussed - I don't want to "disturb" it just now by checking. I'll check when I'm offline though...thanks.[/quote']

They just replaced mine and since I was offline all day anyway. Sinuses are making for very odd times. Cringing pain mixed with a dull ache. Lucid thoughts can run maybe 10 minutes.

Seems to be working well now.

The RCA that I had, had a well known problem. Apparently the connector pins with the power supply lose contact very easily. I now have a motorola.

Apparently they will ding you if you have had "Too many checks on your credit history" in a given time. So ironically, Your checking them might be the problem. :idjit: They have SUCH a SCAM going. Only the oil companies and the insurance companies have it better, imo. :shock:

They said that there was "too much activity" on my existing credit. I know my credit reports are clean - I had them all reviewed recently. I think the Credit Union just doesn't like me - this is the second time they turned me down. The first time was a few years ago when I applied for a debt consolidation loan.

Bastards.

Can you say Radiation accident? I knew you could.;) Have them Fail to stop the nuke...

Yeah, I have been cranky too. :)

So there I am at work' date=' minding my own business, trading e-mails with folks. I know already that X is cranky towards me and a couple of friends of mine (Y and Z), as we had discussed the the previous day. So today, Y tells me in e-mails how cranky she is towards X. I then get a letter from Z telling me how cranky [b']he[/b] is at X. And since no one is speaking to each other... *I* get to bear the full brunt of full-cranky from three different people.

As if that were not enough, I hear from an online friend of mine (A) how cranky she is towards somebody else (T) - who also happens to be a friend of mine. I send an e-mail to T to try to be helpful, but I only end up getting T mad ad me.

End result? I am full of the no-holds-barred cranky-energy of five different people - and none of it was even my own.

NOW some of it is.

And I'm supposed to run a game tomorrow?

Play at your own risk....

Better yet, Al Franken versus Michael Savage, straightrazors in a rain of lemon juice. :)

You know, we could always put these people to real entertainment use -

Bread and Circuses anyone?

Lions 10, Talk Show Hosts 0.

I can't get in to the political threads for the last few days. Everything posted (either political position) strikes me as an oversimplification deliberately intended to mislead. The world's biggest news items from September 11, 2001 on are greeted with demands for cites and and counter cites, or claimed as nonexistent. Google is free people and I do need to spend some f*cking time actually working. I am not going to link you to f*cking Scientific American and the Hubble telescope to prove the f*cking sky is blue.

That didn't really feel as good as I hoped. Oh, well. Maybe a vacation from the bords is in order.

Do what I've started doing. Avoid the political threads. Heck, cut down on your board time. It's done wonders for my outlook on life.

Nobody's saying much that's new anyways. All the information being presented is slanted toward the particular bias of the presenter.

Discource has ended, and people are just yelling at each other without seeking any understanding of anyone else's positions.

Not just here, and in fact we're better than most. But it seems that rational discussion about anything important has been crushed under a blaze of partisan bickering and "I'm right, you suck."

D

I've found I'm much happier, and much more productive, due to my reduction in board time. Quiting MS hasn't hurt my spirits either - that's an experience that just keeps getting better with each passing day. I came to a realization - I don't listen to talk radio, why would I read the political threads? Avoiding them is your first key to board harmony. Moderating your board time is the second.

Things have changed.

So I'm not hearing.

I know you and White Heat have been having a tough week, both individually and collectively, but I would appreciate being consulted when plans change. I don't mind cutting you some slack when you need it, but I do mind being taken for granted.

I should know better than to post in The Cranky Thread. It rubs off.

Doc

So I'm not hearing.

I know you and White Heat have been having a tough week, both individually and collectively, but I would appreciate being consulted when plans change. I don't mind cutting you some slack when you need it, but I do mind being taken for granted.

I should know better than to post in The Cranky Thread. It rubs off.

Doc

Plans haven't changed. The only plan there was was for people to gather at our place. That's still on. Only thing that has changed is the game we're playing. And last I heard that wasn't set in stone.

Plans haven't changed. The only plan there was was for people to gather at our place. That's still on. Only thing that has changed is the game we're playing. And last I heard that wasn't set in stone.

Last I heard we were playing Desires tomorrow, and then again two weeks from now. We had discussed playing Desires next week as well to give Klytus more time to plan his new campaign, but hadn't decided.

So, what stuff do I need to bring tomorrow?

Doc