Round One: FIGHT! (Book Ideal...Need Help!)

steriaca

I want to create a "Ninja Hero Sourse Book" called "Round One: Fight!" (rougth name...may change it later to something cooler). Hear is what I have planed so far...

Introduction. (The normal stuff, you know...what is inside)

Chapter One: This is where the new rules stuff is in. And martial arts stuff.

Part a: New manuvers list.

Part b: New, optinal manuvers, and buying them using UMA as help (like my Fent manuver in Secrets Of The Samuri, for Digital Hero). I need more than 'martal fent' thoe, to justfie this section. Prehaps a new v manuver? (+d/10" for -1 points?)

Part c: New Realistic Styles (Like Hojojustu, and others).

Part d: New Fantastic Styles. (Like Video Game Martial Arts, Mental Combat, and Energy Blaster Combat Art, amoung others).

Part e: 'Silly' Styles. (Like Stooge Fu, and Bakajustu).

Chapter 2: Campaing Looks (this is where we go 'campaing')

Part a: Samuri (a look at the samuri, just as UMA looked at the ninja).

Part b: Big Time Wrastling (includes advance pro-wrestling manuvers).

Part c: To Fight The Shadow Boss (a look on video game fighting, including both one on one and side scroling games translated into a typical campain)

Chapter 3: New Weapions.

Part a: New weapions rules (like "Points VS No Points")

Part b: New weapions (like the Sabako)

Chapter 4: The Shadow Boss And His Minions. (A villian group for heros to fight).

Basicly, I want to ask what you think of the outline, what real world martial arts would you like to see, ect...

Steriaca.

Re: Round One: FIGHT! (Book Ideal...Need Help!)

Well, first off, is this something you want to try and get published? If so, you should probably check out the policies on the left menu. That said, I think it could be a cool idea ... though I don't know too many styles that haven't been covered in the UMA. I've played a few Hero games that focus on the PvP-ness of fighting games and a book featuring various characters could be neat :)

LIke Sketchpad said, as far as a martial arts rules supplement TUMA pretty much covers ninety percent of what you're talking about. OTOH I think a Ninja Hero enemies book would be extremely cool. A video game subgenre/sourcebook might be cool too.

LIke Sketchpad said' date=' as far as a martial arts rules supplement TUMA pretty much covers ninety percent of what you're talking about. OTOH I think a [i']Ninja Hero[/i] enemies book would be extremely cool. A video game subgenre/sourcebook might be cool too.

Your right about TUMA and NH. I am stuck with doing eather a true Ninja Hero enemies book, or a Chapions Enimies book with the conecting thing being Martial Arts. What do you think? Should I do both? (Round One: Fight! being the Ninja Hero one, while Martial Enimies being the Champions one?) And who in the history of Champions should I bring back in the Champions EB.

Steriaca.

If you're going for something Steve's likely to approve, I'd go with the Champions Martial Arts Enemies book -- or, better yet, The Martial World. This would be a great opportunity to bring up everyone from Watchers Of The Dragon who hasn't already been updated to 5th Edition, and add a few more for good measure.

If it were up to me, though, I'd rather see a Ninja Hero enemies book, with most of the NPCs translatable to any modern-day (or future-setting) Heroic game.

I guess I AM looking for something Steve would improve on. So, prehaps I should do "The Martial World" instead. And, if I am lthe book would get split into two and become "The Martial World" and "Martial Mayham" (or somthing similer for the enimies book).

Who would you sergest I resque from orphionhood? I personaly would like to save that guy from Enimies: The Intronatinal File, an assasion with a heart of gold who's main attack is to stich his arm through people's hearts. Him and his parter in crime, Kawai (who should, by now, know some combat art).

Others to save(?):

Powerhouse.

Any others?

I hate to burst your bubble, but based on conversations I've had with Steve Long about just such a thing, HERO will not be publishing any sort of Ninja Enemies book (which is why those three martial artists ended up in DH 20).

I hate to burst your bubble' date=' but based on conversations I've had with Steve Long about just such a thing, HERO will not be publishing any sort of Ninja Enemies book (which is why those three martial artists ended up in DH 20).[/quote']

wwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh well, perhaps with time.

I hate to burst your bubble' date=' but based on conversations I've had with Steve Long about just such a thing, HERO will not be publishing any sort of Ninja Enemies book (which is why those three martial artists ended up in DH 20).[/quote'] Yeah, and I think it's a major bummer -- especially since, if done properly, many such characters could be used in other genres. :(

Yeah' date=' and I think it's a major bummer -- especially since, if done properly, many such characters could be used in other genres. :([/quote']

I had written quite a bit of material hoping there would be some sort of NH companion. You'll get to see most of my efforts in upcoming issues of Digital Hero.

I hate to burst your bubble' date=' but based on conversations I've had with Steve Long about just such a thing, HERO will not be publishing any sort of Ninja Enemies book (which is why those three martial artists ended up in DH 20).[/quote']

It is a darn shame. I know Steve Long is the boss, but to just nix the ideal wholesail like that on a grand fiat of "I don't like it".

Of course, he MIGHT be saveing the ideal of The Martial World for himself...

Steriaca.