Star Wars Hero : Ready for Comment

Nevenall

Re: Star Wars Hero : Ready for Comment

I read through the pdf on the force. It's great! Lot's of interesting stuff in there. I especially like the different way luck was used.

I like the system for dark side corruption, but it doesn't seem like it would give enough points to make a big difference. If that was intentional, forget I said anything, but I'd like opportunities to get more points somewhere. Maybe the character could also have the option to increase the level of his other disadvantages when getting corrupted, or instead of one catch-all disadvantage, it could be broken down into multiple specific ones like Power Hungry or Callous.

Looking forward to seeing more of this great stuff. Although I probably won't be running a Star Wars campaign' date=' there seems to be some good stuff to mine for any star hero campaign. I appreciate the effort you put into this.[/quote']

Thanks!

I read through the pdf on the force. It's great! Lot's of interesting stuff in there. I especially like the different way luck was used.

I like the system for dark side corruption, but it doesn't seem like it would give enough points to make a big difference. If that was intentional, forget I said anything, but I'd like opportunities to get more points somewhere. Maybe the character could also have the option to increase the level of his other disadvantages when getting corrupted, or instead of one catch-all disadvantage, it could be broken down into multiple specific ones like Power Hungry or Callous.

Thanks!

The luck power has worked even better then I expected it to in my campaign. We will see what happens when my young apprentice characters go up against a dark Jedi who has access to the same power. :)

As for the single Darkside disadvantage. Partly it's just one disadvantage because it's quicker and easier, not necessarily more powerful. Though I do rule that you get the character points even if you are at the normal maximum for the campaign. Mostly though, it's because I started my campaign at 50 total points, so 5 can make a big difference, especially in an emergency.

I like your suggestion of strengthen other physiological disadvantages when you start giving in to the Darkside. That fits really well with how I conceive of the Darkside.

As for the single Darkside disadvantage. Partly it's just one disadvantage because it's quicker and easier' date=' not necessarily more powerful. Though I do rule that you get the character points even if you are at the normal maximum for the campaign. Mostly though, it's because I started my campaign at 50 total points, so 5 can make a big difference, especially in an emergency.[/quote']

Ah, I get it now. It makes perfect sense for a game like that. Those other options I was talking about would just be ways to scale it up for higher point games.

• 1 month later...

WAHHHH! I want more! :thumbup:

I'm currently ramping up to do a Star Wars game at an upcoming Con with my friends. I'm totally overwhelmed with all of the conversions, etc... thanks for posting these, they've helped HEAPS!

NerØ

Just in case you didn't catch this thread a little farther down the SH board:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18766

Virtually all the Star Wars-related HERO stuff can be accessed from there.

WAHHHH! I want more! :thumbup:

I'm currently ramping up to do a Star Wars game at an upcoming Con with my friends. I'm totally overwhelmed with all of the conversions, etc... thanks for posting these, they've helped HEAPS!

NerØ

Glad to help. :)

Some day I will even have space ships and NPCs done.

• 3 weeks later...

Star Wars Hero... Now with Sith Power!

I've finished a substantial new version of The Force and Packages documents for my Star Wars Campaign.

I've made major changes to how Use the Force is build and costed, and added some clarifying information about using Force points.

I’ve changed the way Jedi access powers from the dark side, and also added more text about the dark side in general.

I’ve also added a collection of powers for the Sith and other dark force users.

Guest bblackmoor

I've finished a substantial new version of The Force and Packages documents for my Star Wars Campaign.

These are very cool. Would you like some free web space where you can host them on a more or less permanent basis? I hate to see linkrot consume resources that I like. Here are some other resources I have done the same for, so you can see what I'm talking about:

http://rpglibrary.blackgate.net/faqs/fencing.php

http://rpglibrary.blackgate.net/software/autorealm/

http://rpglibrary.blackgate.net/systems/prism/

Send me a private message if you're interested, and we'll work out the details.

• 1 month later...

YAI (Yet Another Iteration) of Star Wars Hero.

There are two big modifications here.

1. Jedi packages now have a lump sum of points for Force powers rather then specific ones. There are some suggested collections of powers divided into four categories. Standard, Guardian, Diplomat, and Seer. Each reflecting a particular focus of study.

2. There is a new document for Characters. Right now it has only has Stormtroopers, but it will include lots of generic character write-ups as well as specific characters in the future.

Comments on the Stormtroopers is quite welcome.

Just as a note for source materials, I recently had the chance to read the Star Wars: Republic comic that Dark Horse Comics has been putting out for a few years now. I'd ignored it because the new movies had pretty much killed my taste for Star Wars, but I have to say the Republic comics completely restored my faith in the story and setting and actually made me love the republic era stuff.

For those who don't know it, Star Wars: Republic is basically a collection of stories about Jedi set during the times of the first two movies and right now well into the clone wars. Written by Timothy Truman and John Ostrander (who were the creators of a comic called Grimjack that was popular back in the 80's by First Publishing) and a few other occasional writers, the whole series is basically sets of 3-6 issue long self-contained stories with occasional running plot threads and one-shots. The art is beautiful, and those guys brought real life to the Jedi characters so carelessly tossed into Episode 2. The whole thing is around issue 68 now, and I can't recommend them highly enough, it actually made me want to run Star Wars again...

Rob

• 4 months later...