Looking for NEW words of transformation: (SHAZAM, Thunder! Thunder!...)

Hyper-Man

Re: Looking for NEW words of transformation: (SHAZAM, Thunder! Thunder!...)

Wonder Twin Powers, Activate!

Form of... Water! (Anyone ever wonder how if he could only turn into water, exactly where that bucket came from during he transformation?)

Ahh, but sometimes he was water IN a bucket, and sometimes he was water AND a bucket.

When he was water and bucket, his face would be on the bucket.

When he was water sans bucket, that damned monkey always had a bucket handy. Heck if I know where he was keeping the thing.

Google up SeanBaby for details (but beware the non-work-safe ads, which is why I don't have the link handy).

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, but sometimes he was water IN a bucket, and sometimes he was water AND a bucket.

When he was water and bucket, his face would be on the bucket.

When he was water sans bucket, that damned monkey always had a bucket handy. Heck if I know where he was keeping the thing.

Google up SeanBaby for details (but beware the non-work-safe ads, which is why I don't have the link handy).

oh that's right, i forgot about the damn monkey..

anyone every wonder if the wonder twin's monkey were to fight the monkey from Space Ghost who would win?

Does anyone have any ideas for a better 1 or 2 word statement that would fit this origin? And should the same word(s) be used for going back to his normal form or does anyone have a better idea there?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :love:

"Schrodinger's Cat!" - The idea that, under Quantum Physics, that a cat can both alive and dead until the waveform collapses and a choice must be made. (It also sounds like an exclamation.) Of course, he might have to say a couple of times before he collapses the correct way. :D

"Wave-Particle Duality!" - The idea that light behaves sort of a wave and sort of a particle. He might say, "Wave Form" and then change back to "Particle Form".

"Schrodinger's Cat!" - The idea that, under Quantum Physics, that a cat can both alive and dead until the waveform collapses and a choice must be made. (It also sounds like an exclamation.) Of course, he might have to say a couple of times before he collapses the correct way. :D

"Wave-Particle Duality!" - The idea that light behaves sort of a wave and sort of a particle. He might say, "Wave Form" and then change back to "Particle Form".

That reminds me too much of "Particle Man" by "They Might Be Giants". particle man fights triangle man... triangle wins... :ugly:

oh that's right, i forgot about the damn monkey..

anyone every wonder if the wonder twin's monkey were to fight the monkey from Space Ghost who would win?

You mean, something like this...?

The monkey always had the bucket and to be honest I don't want to know where he got it. :eek: :eek:

Maybe he was trained to carry around the bucket so he doesn't 'go' somewhere he's not supposed to in public. Using it to hold 'captain big drip' might be just a secondary use! :ugly:

Mmm Mmm. That's good thread de-railing! ;)

I don't know about that. "Mmm Mmm Good" might be a campbell soup jingle or it could be Mightybec's word of tranformation too!

Ah; sorry, got carried away. In order, they are...

"Moon Prism Power MAKE UP!"

"Souchaku!"

"Henshin!"

>SNIP<

Or if you've played Viewtiful Joe for Game Cube

"Henshin-a-go-go baby!"

In my game, I wouldn't let someone take that Lim on their powers if the only thing keeping them from using it was fear of revealing a Secret ID.

My character in one PBEM has several powers bought with OHID because she can't use them as her day-to-day self, only in her super identity as Champion Wind. She *also* has Secret ID, and some other psych lims constraining her ability to change and to use her powers. The OHID limit is valid because she can't use the limited powers most of the time, and changing to Champion Wind is not something she does casually.

My character in one PBEM has several powers bought with OHID because she can't use them as her day-to-day self' date=' only in her super identity as Champion Wind. She *also* has Secret ID, and some other psych lims constraining her ability to change and to use her powers. The OHID limit is valid because she can't use the limited powers most of the time, and changing to Champion Wind is not something she does casually.[/quote']

That makes sense. She can't use the powers until she becomes the hero. Some type of transformation must occur, or battlesuit armor must be donned. My examples were of heroes who have access to their powers all the time, even when they are in their Secret ID- like Superman or Spiderman. These PC types don't deserve the OIHID Lim on their powers merely for a Social Disad.

Mags

That makes sense. She can't use the powers until she becomes the hero. Some type of transformation must occur, or battlesuit armor must be donned. My examples were of heroes who have access to their powers all the time, even when they are in their Secret ID- like Superman or Spiderman. These PC types don't deserve the OIHID Lim on their powers merely for a Social Disad.

Mags

I would almost consider it a house rule that if mind control (at +30) can't make a character lose their powers (transform, take off powered armor, etc.) its not worth the -1/4 OIHID bonus.

Since Hyper-Man is partially paying homage to Captain Marvel how does Billy Batson's favorite phrase of astonishment' date=' [b']"Holy Moly!"[/b] sound as a tranformation phrase for him since he is a fan of comic books?

I like this one a lot, both for the homage to Captain Marvel and because it's something he might actually have said when he made his "Eureka" discovery. :thumbup:

It also reminded me that Captain Marvel, Jr. had to say "Captain Marvel" in order to change between his heroic and normal identities which made him, as far as I know, the only superhero who could never say his own name!!

Some people will never know the simple joy of a monkey knife fight...

Furious George! What have they done to you...?

who would win in a fight between the most famous monkey with superpowers with OIHID, Monkey (from Dexter's Laboratory) vs. Mojo Jojo (from Power Puff Girls) ?

Since I helped in nudging this thread off its rail...

What was the cartoon that had kids with two rings that they had to put together (along the zig-zag break of the half-discs on top of the rings) to summon a genie (I think it was a genie). Was that Kazaam? I vaguely recall some sort of summoning phrase...

Anybody remember that one? Or was that one of my hallucinations these pills are supposed to cure?

What was the cartoon that had kids with two rings that they had to put together (along the zig-zag break of the half-discs on top of the rings) to summon a genie (I think it was a genie). Was that Kazaam? I vaguely recall some sort of summoning phrase...

Anybody remember that one? Or was that one of my hallucinations these pills are supposed to cure?

Agghh! I (thought I) remember(ed) seeing them guest star on Scooby-Doo but I can't remember their name!

edit

What was the cartoon that had kids with two rings that they had to put together (along the zig-zag break of the half-discs on top of the rings) to summon a genie (I think it was a genie).

Shazzan.

Like many HB cartoons of that time, great Alex Toth designs with fair-to-middling (or worse) plots and voice acting.

This thread is too long to go back and read them all. But in case no one else has said it, the Tick says, "Spoon"... as a rallying cry rather than a transformation word, but it seems to be relevant.

Never underestimate cuttlery.