concept vs. booklegal

Re: concept vs. booklegal

I don't understand how you are are arriving at 5d6 HA with advantages and 44 points? The base STR in Hyper-Form is 40. Does applying an advantage to HA not require me to apply the advantage to the active points in my STR as well?!? If not' date=' I am actually getting a much less 'bang' for my points in my method which is fine by me because I want the character to be able to pass as having no powers with more than ~75 active points (yes, I know his [i']Blink II[/i] is 97 active but is really just a very limited sweep/grab).

Well AP and Reduced End (0 End) would be the only advantages that would seem to be usefull for such since the slots as built only give him a total 50 STR and His Density Increase slot (which cannot be combined with the others -0) gives him 60 STR. The extra 10 Str with the other advantages is really just a controlled Push that can be applied in several different ways. I have not bought Ultimate Brick yet, do you know how it handles AP on STR?

The way HA works in 5th edition is that you're allowed to add as much Str as the dice of HA, and not have to pay for the advantages on Str. So a 5d6 HA with 2X KB would cost 44 pts, and you're allowed to use 25 Str to double the dice to 10d6. No need to buy 2X KB on Str. If you want to use your full 40 Str, the attack would be 13d6 without the 2X KB advantage. As you can imagine, this can get rather abusive so it's better for the GM to watch HA with Advantages closely.

Well, there are two different ways to tackle that argument.

One, is to point out that in the case of using my Hyper-Leap slot with my normal STR 40 (28 + 8 = 36" leap) I would only get 18" of half move out of it. Teleporting sometime during the middle of that otherwise normal movement (say after 9") is not an attack action by itself so that combined with the position and velocity adders should not get somehow invalidate the remainder (9") of the leaping movement. Think of it as 2 quarter moves and a half move!

The trouble is that Champions doesn't have the concept of quarter moves. If you move 1", it's a half move. So 2 "quarter moves" plus a half move translates into 3 half moves in Champions terms.

Another, might be to say that All the normal movement takes place before the Teleport and that all that remains afterwards is the force of impact (I literally Teleport behind a target in a position that touches the target and as soon as the Teleport resolves the Force of my normal movement is transferred to the target).

In Champions terms, you leap 18" as a half move. As soon as you teleport 2", that's your second half move and ends your phase. There is no fraction of a second that allows you to travel another inch and slam the target. Your move is over and you're frozen in time until it's your turn again or you abort.

*The MOST potential damage for this combo is ONLY a 14d6 Movethrough with -4 OCV

and costs a total of 11 End to perform. If I use Density w 65 STR and 4" Half Leap (base 40 STR) it is also 14d6 and 10 End and even If I use a 50 STR slot with 0 End STR it ends up being only a 5" Half Leap for 12d6 and -1 OCV that still costs 5 End for the T-Port.

Thanks for the input.

That's why I would be inclined to allow it even though it requires some handwaving of the rules. It's a cool effect that won't break the game. However, the default rules won't allow this.

The way HA works in 5th edition is that you're allowed to add as much Str as the dice of HA' date=' and not have to pay for the advantages on Str. So a 5d6 HA with 2X KB would cost 44 pts, and you're allowed to use 25 Str to double the dice to 10d6. No need to buy 2X KB on Str. If you want to use your full 40 Str, the attack would be 13d6 without the 2X KB advantage. As you can imagine, this can get rather abusive so it's better for the GM to watch HA with Advantages closely.[/quote'] Thanks, I remember this rule now. I think the 13d6 example you give was one of the reasons why I didn't go this way in the first place.

Thanks for the refresher.

The trouble is that Champions doesn't have the concept of quarter moves. If you move 1", it's a half move. So 2 "quarter moves" plus a half move translates into 3 half moves in Champions terms.

In Champions terms, you leap 18" as a half move. As soon as you teleport 2", that's your second half move and ends your phase. There is no fraction of a second that allows you to travel another inch and slam the target. Your move is over and you're frozen in time until it's your turn again or you abort.

Would it be a "Legal" build in your opinion if the it had the limitation No Range (Only to change direction of other movement and recover from being prone) assuming that 5" or 10" [10 or 20 active points] is a minimum effect build? So in this case the Teleport is only changing the characters facing or letting him stand up but it is not taking a precious Half Move action from the phase. Not quite as usefull but it would allow sneak attacks that seem to miss on purpose but then double back in the same phase. The only problem then is that I would then need to buy a THIRD Hyper-Blink slot for a Normal Teleport to better justify the Hyper-Blink II (Area Affect Telekinesis, No Range)

:rolleyes:

That's why I would be inclined to allow it even though it requires some handwaving of the rules. It's a cool effect that won't break the game. However' date=' the default rules won't allow this.[/quote'] :hex:

Thanks, I remember this rule now. I think the 13d6 example you give was one of the reasons why I didn't go this way in the first place.

Thanks for the refresher.

Would it be a "Legal" build in your opinion if the it had the limitation No Range (Only to change direction of other movement and recover from being prone) assuming that 5" or 10" [10 or 20 active points] is a minimum effect build? So in this case the Teleport is only changing the characters facing or letting him stand up but it is not taking a precious Half Move action from the phase. Not quite as usefull but it would allow sneak attacks that seem to miss on purpose but then double back in the same phase. The only problem then is that I would then need to buy a THIRD Hyper-Blink slot for a Normal Teleport to better justify the Hyper-Blink II (Area Affect Telekinesis, No Range)

:rolleyes:

:hex:

Butting in here (at your own invitation though!) but I would say not, by the rules as written. There's just no provision once you switch from Leap to Teleport like that.

But that's why God made GMs. :)

What about "No Turn Mode", does anyone recall what that would do with Leaping and other such constructs?

Butting in here (at your own invitation though!) but I would say not, by the rules as written. There's just no provision once you switch from Leap to Teleport like that.

What about "No Turn Mode", does anyone recall what that would do with Leaping and other such constructs?

I didn't find anything more specific than the rules for Running which has no turn mode (I think the (+1/4) advantage was introduced in the Ultimate Vehicle) in which it states any number of turns can be made during the course of a move. It's not very clear, but I don't think that means that it gives the ability to make a turn of more than 60 degrees per 'step' or hex of movement (I could be wrong though :nonp: ).

I did find an example of Teleport in the FAQ:

http://www.herogames.com/SupportFAQs/rules/POWERS.htm

Q: Can using Position Shift change the direction/vector in which a character moves?

A: That depends on the type of movement involved.

For uncontrolled movement — falling or being thrown, for example — Position Shift has no effect. It changes the way the character faces, but not the direction in which he moves.

For controlled movement — such as the use of Movement Powers — Position Shift can change the direction of movement. For example, if a character has Flight 10†and moves at full velocity eastward, but after he flies 5†someone hits him with a Teleportation Usable As Attack power with Position Shift and changes him so that he faces north, he’ll flying the remaining 5†north (unless he has some way to avoid doing so). The GM has the final decision regarding what effect Position Shift has on a moving character.

Interrestingly, in the rules thread Steve basically said that the Character with Teleport and another movement power can't control both aspects of this same effect, either the Teleport or other movement power has to be external to the character. This makes NO sense to me.

Maybe I should start another thread called "How would you buy Indirect for use with a Movethrough?"? :rolleyes:

You can't turn at all with leaping, so it is moot. That is why it is so cheap though.

I didn't find anything more specific than the rules for Running which has no turn mode (I think the (+1/4) advantage was introduced in the Ultimate Vehicle) in which it states any number of turns can be made during the course of a move. It's not very clear' date=' but I don't think that means that it gives the ability to make a turn of more than 60 degrees per 'step' or hex of movement (I could be wrong though :nonp: ). [/quote']

My understanding of running is that you can turn as much as you like both in terms of frequency and degrees.

I did find an example of Teleport in the FAQ:

Interrestingly, in the rules thread Steve basically said that the Character with Teleport and another movement power can't control both aspects of this same effect, either the Teleport or other movement power has to be external to the character. This makes NO sense to me.

Maybe I should start another thread called "How would you buy Indirect for use with a Movethrough?"? :rolleyes:

To be honest I'd be slightly less concerned about letting you get away with combining two modes of movement if they were not in the same multipower. The FAQ suggests that a teleport can move a flyer and 'preserve momentum', but I can see a game logic argument for not allowing you to do that to yourself: when you move you have to move in one way at a time. When you impose movement on someone else it doesn't switch off their own movement.

I still think you should just buy position shift and 'no turn mode' for the flight - you need to cross the intervening space with the teleport anyway.

Another thought (if this is 'inertialess superspeed you can't see me') would be to buy triggered invisibility (whenever you do a move through) which means that you would be getting significant combat bonuses - assuming that is what you are after - without any of this combining movement modes mularkey.

You've probably got enough points in the reserve to have both on at once.

You can't turn at all with leaping' date=' so it is moot. That is why it is so cheap though.[/quote']

Well, okay, Gliding defined as SFX: Amazingly Adroit Leaping. :)

Anyway, I tend to agree with you, it's probably not unfair to simply buy the Flight wtih position shift and no turn mode.

Or, if it's allowed in Hyper-Man's campaign, he could take an Indirect Naked Advantage on an EB of the max strength of the Move-through you wish to perform, then link it with appropriate other powers (could create a compound Flight + Teleport power required to run this), and then call it done, presuming then that so long as you have the entire correct range of transportation you can move around in support of the Move-through and get the Indirect benefits for the right cost. Still requires GM input but might actually be done legally, if (very) kludgy.

My understanding of running is that you can turn as much as you like both in terms of frequency and degrees.
By that logic then Invisibility' date=' [u']Flight with No Turn Mode[/u] and IPE on the attack would be sufficient. The problem I have with that is that it does not feel right and requires use of 3 powers at same time which the current build does NOT support.

To be honest I'd be slightly less concerned about letting you get away with combining two modes of movement if they were not in the same multipower. The FAQ suggests that a teleport can move a flyer and 'preserve momentum'' date=' but I can see a game logic argument for not allowing you to do that to yourself: when [b']you move you have to move in one way at a time[/b]. When you impose movement on someone else it doesn't switch off their own movement.
Technically, the current 100 point multipower COULD be split into 2 seperate 50 point ones. The only reason I did not is due to the LAST slot, which is defined as multiple sweep/grab that combines IPE str with a flight/teleport effect.

How does that apply to a non-combat Leap though? Technically, that is really no different than falling but it is treated that way here abritarily IMO.

I still think you should just buy position shift and 'no turn mode' for the flight - you need to cross the intervening space with the teleport anyway.
What differrence does it make if the position shift is applied to the Flight instead of the Teleport? This still goes back to Gary's point about making 3 half moves?!?

Another thought (if this is 'inertialess superspeed you can't see me') would be to buy triggered invisibility (whenever you do a move through) which means that you would be getting significant combat bonuses - assuming that is what you are after - without any of this combining movement modes mularkey.
Objections to this stated above.

You've probably got enough points in the reserve to have both on at once.
What 2 powers would you combine to do this? An Invisibility [50 act] ultra slot and HA Indirect [50 active] ultra slot?

By the very nature of a HA Indirect attack and how I want to apply it here I will be getting a movement effect (move/attack from one adjacent hex to another adjacent hex) above and beyond my 8" base STR leap so I would technically be back where I began with the Teleport + Leap combo!

This is a little kludgy, but it's the only legal way I can think of to do the indirect movethrough trick.

+6 Spd Only to finish off movethroughs/movebys after a teleport (-1.5) 24 pts.

If you attempt the movethrough at your normal 26 Dex, it gives the target a split second to react to being pasted. He notices the teleport out of the corner of his eye and if he has an action that segment, he can react just before being hit.

If you hold your action until the end of the segment, then the movethrough can be seamless. You do the leap/teleport trick at Dex 0, and then finish it off at Dex 26 of the next segment.

This is a little kludgy, but it's the only legal way I can think of to do the indirect movethrough trick.

+6 Spd Only to finish off movethroughs/movebys after a teleport (-1.5) 24 pts.

If you attempt the movethrough at your normal 26 Dex, it gives the target a split second to react to being pasted. He notices the teleport out of the corner of his eye and if he has an action that segment, he can react just before being hit.

If you hold your action until the end of the segment, then the movethrough can be seamless. You do the leap/teleport trick at Dex 0, and then finish it off at Dex 26 of the next segment.

Interresting idea,

But, it breaks from the mold of my 50 active point slot theme/100 reserve multipower. And how does delaying to a second phase actually benefit me in this case. At the end of my first phase I have already made a Full Move and my velocity is now zero?!?

How about this instead?

4 Hyper-Tackle [96]

HA 7d6[35 active] Indirect (+3/4)[26 active] Usable At Range (Range 8")(+1/2)[17 active] IPE Sight Group (+1/2)[17 active] Hand to Hand Attack (-1/2) Range Based on Leaping Movement [w/40 STR = 8"](-1/4) Requires Full Phase (-1/4) *(OIHID) (-1/4)

Total Active Points = 96

Total Slot Cost = 4

End Cost = 10 (14 w/STR)

This gives me a 13d6 virtual movethrough that costs a total of 14 End (10 + 4 for STR). It also still gives me a free 2-3" move to any other adjacent hex of the target. I could afford to make it 14d6 very easily but I am actually trying to limit the characters max damage attack other than Haymaker to 13d6.

I don't see how this is any more balanced or legal than the Teleport combo I originally created since it requires Usable At Range on a Power with Hand to Hand Attack. It reduces the maximum range of the manuever from 14" (28" halfmove leap) to 8" and increases the total END cost from 9 to 14. But at the same time, it also removes the built in -3 OCV and -3 DCV penalties that went along with a real movethrough as well.

I also think it's clunkier because it would not automatically track with any possible increases to the character's base STR or other powers. It also hard-codes this as a described manuever which would encourage its common usage, which was never really my intention. I would instead prefer a requirement for a Hyper-Tricks power skill roll on my original Teleport and bought the requisit skill later with XP than to come up with these additional points on top of the original 5" Teleport.

Interresting idea,

But, it breaks from the mold of my 50 active point slot theme/100 reserve multipower. And how does delaying to a second phase actually benefit me in this case. At the end of my first phase I have already made a Full Move and my velocity is now zero?!?

You would have to purchase the Spd separately. However, since these are still full points of speed (albeit limited), you can simply accelerate again during the extra segment to finish off the movethrough.

Hyper-Man - Mike Maxwell
[font=courier][font=Comic Sans MS][font=Verdana][b][u]VAL[/u] [u]CHA[/u] [u]Cost[/u] [u]Total[/u] [u]Roll[/u]	 [u]Notes[/u][/b]
15	STR	 5 15/40	 12- / 17-	 HTH Damage 3d6/8d6 END [1/3]
14	DEX	 12 14/27	 12- / 14-	 OCV 5/9 DCV 5/9
13	CON	 6 13/33	 12- / 16-
10	BODY	0 10/12	 11-
13	INT	 3 13	 12-	 PER Roll 13-
14	EGO	 8 14	 12-	 ECV: 5
10	PRE	 0 10	 11-	 PRE Attack: 2d6
12	COM	 1 12	 11-
8	PD	 2 8/26			 8/26 PD (11/16 rPD)
8	ED	 2 8/25			 8/25 ED (11/16 rED)
3	SPD	 6 3/6				 Phases: 4, 8, 12/2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12
6	REC	 0 6/15
26	END	 0 26/66
25	STUN	0 25/50
6	RUN	 0 6"				END [1]
2	SWIM	 0 2"				END [1]
3	LEAP	 0 3"/36"				3"/36" forward, 1 1/2"/18" upward[/font][/font][/font]
[font=courier][font=Comic Sans MS][font=Verdana][b]CHA Cost: 45[/b][/font][/font][/font]
[font=courier][font=Comic Sans MS][font=Verdana][b][u]Cost[/u] [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
3	 [b][i]Hyper-Transformation![/i][/b]: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Delayed Phase, -1), 
Limited Target ([Limited]; Clothes; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations ("Holy Moly!"; -1/4) 
[Notes: This is the only "Power" he posseses in his NON-Heroic ID. It can be aborted to but still takes 2 FULL PHASES or effectively a 
FULL TURN to complete. Example: If aborted to on phase 1, 2, 3 or 4, the transformation completes on phase 8 at a DEX of 7 (1/2 his normal 14) 
and he will not get to act in Hyper-Form until phase 12. (Based on his SPD 3 normal-form and SPD 6 Hyper-Form).] - END=1
 - END=
 Hyper-Characteristics, all slots OIHID * (-1/4) - END=
20	 1) +25 STR - END=2
22	 2) +13 DEX; No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) - END=
32	 3) +20 CON - END=
3	 4) +2 BODY - END=
6	 5) +8 PD - END=
6	 6) +8 ED - END=
24	 7) +3 SPD - END=
 - END=
 Hyper-Powers, all slots OIHID * (-1/4) - END=
5	 1) [b][i]Hyper-Regeneration[/i][/b]: Healing 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2), Self Only (-1/2) 
[Notes: No Healing Max, 1 Body per time-inteval (see: 5ER p. 187 or 5E p. 120).] - END=0
12	 2) [b][i]Hyper-Toughness I[/i][/b]: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) - END=0
6	 3) [b][i]Hyper-Toughness II[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED) 
[Notes: Incorrectly adds to Non-Hyper PD+ED in some characteristic displays.] - END=0
7	 4) [b][i]Hyper-Toughness III[/i][/b]: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; 
Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) - END=0
2	 5) [b][i]Hyper-Senses[/i][/b]: +1 PER with All Sense Groups - END=0
2	 6) [b][i]Hyper-Sight[/i][/b]: Rapid ( x10) with Normal Sight - END=0
2	 7) [b][i]Hyper-Hearing[/i][/b]: Rapid ( x10) with Normal Hearing - END=0
 - END=
80	 [b][i]Hyper-Multipower[/i][/b]: Higgs-Boson (Mass & Kinetic Powers), 120-point reserve, 
all slots OIHID * (-1/4), All Powers in Multipower are Affected by Adjustment Powers as if they were in an Elemental Control !! (-1/4) 
[Notes: Can use any 2 Ultra Slots in Multipower at same time (All are 60 active points).] - END=
3u	 1) [b][i]Hyper-Quickness I[/i][/b]: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense); Costs Endurance 
(Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 15- 
[b]plus[/b] 
+3 Overall Levels; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=6
3u	 2) [b][i]Hyper-Quickness II[/i][/b]: Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, Variable Advantage 
(+1/4 Advantages; IPE Hearing, Reduced End(1/2 End), Safe Blind Teleport, Usable By Other, Usable Underwater; +1/2); 
Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) - END=6
2u	 3) [b][i]Hyper-Quickness III[/i][/b]: Teleportation 8", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Usable As Attack (defense is having Desolidification, 
Teleportation, dimensional manipulation, or speedster powers; +1), Area Of Effect (8" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4); Limited Power 
(Only To Disarm/Grab Objects; -1), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) - END=6
4u	 4) [b][i]Hyper-Flight I[/i][/b]: Flight 20", x32 Noncombat 
[Notes: Combat Velocity of ~45 mph, Non-Combat Velocity of ~1440 mph: Bridges gap between Combat maximum and Megascale minimum. 
The Optional Velocity Factor rules give him a maximum VF of 6 which gives Move By Damage = STR/2 + (VF)d6 and Move Through OCV 
penalty of -(VF) and Damage = STR + (VF)d6.] - END=6
4u	 5) [b][i]Hyper-Flight II[/i][/b]: Flight 15", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), IPE Hearing (+1/4), 
MegaScale 1" = 1 or 10 km (+1/4 or +1/2), No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced End (+1/4 or +1/2), Sideways Maneuverability Half Or Full Velocity 
(+1/4 or +1/2), Usable By Other (+1/4), Usable As Gliding, Running or Swimmng (+1/4).; +1) 
[Notes: Combat Velocity ~ 34 mph and a VF of 5. MegaScale Minimum Velocity = 500" or ~ 1125 mph, Flat-Out Maximum = 75,000" or 
~ 168,750 mph or ~ Mach 225, Sustanable Maximum = ~ Mach 75, Safe Sustanable Maximum ~ Mach 23 or 6 End /phase with No Turn Mode.] - END=6
3u	 6) [b][i]Hyper-Kinesis I[/i][/b]: Leaping +28" (3"/36" forward, 1 1/2"/18" upward) (Accurate), Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), 
Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); No Noncombat Movement (-1/4) 
[Notes: Combat Velocity ~ 81 mph, VF of 8.] - END=2
2u	 7) [b][i]Hyper-Kinesis II[/i][/b]: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, Adjacent Hex (+1/2); 
Costs Endurance (-1/2), Restrainable (Hands; -1/2) - END=6
1u	 8) [b][i]Hyper-Kinesis III[/i][/b]: FW (12 PD/12 ED); Feedback (-1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Hands; -1/2) 
[Notes: This is a combination of 'AOE Missle Deflection/Block' and a 'personal Force Field' (Feedback) which stops all Knockback if the 
FW is not penetrated. Defenses from Combat Luck cannot be combined with this since the FW is defined as using his hands to Block/Deflect attacks. 
It can be used and still attack with the Indirect Advantaged HA's (Hyper-Strike and Hyper-Uppercut).] - END=6
3u	 9) [b][i]Hyper-Kinesis IV[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 
[b]plus[/b] 
Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) - END=6
3u	 10) [b][i]Hyper-Kinesis V[/i][/b]: +35 STR; Only For Changing An Object's Momentum (from a Resting or Moving state) (-1), 
No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) [b]plus[/b] Sticky (Affects Whole Solid Objects As Telekinesis; +1/4) for up to 100 Active Points of STR 
[Notes: If using 75 STR the total End cost is 8=(base 15 STR=1)+(Hyper-STR 25=2)+(Hyper-Kinesis V=5). 
If using 100 STR with Hyper-Density (1/2 End on up to 75 STR) the total End cost is 7=(75 STR=3)+(+25 STR=2)+(Sticky=2)] - END=5
3u	 11) [b][i]Hyper-Mass[/i][/b]: Density Increase (2,600 kg mass, +25 STR, +5 PD/ED, -5" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) 
[b]plus[/b] 
Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 75 Active Points of Strength; Linked (Density Increase; -1/2) 
[b]plus[/b] 
Clinging (normal STR); Linked (Density Increase; -1/2) 
[Notes: By drawing Mass from his immediate inter-dimensional vicinity (Density) he is able to reduce his personal Inertia (1/2 END on up to 75 STR) 
and Adhere (Clinging) to objects as a result.] - END=2
3u	 12) [b][i]Hyper-Strike[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, (Maximum of 25 STR can be combined with HA; +0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), 
Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Affects Desolidified, AOE 1 Hex (Can be Blocked but not Dodged), Armor Piercing, 
Autofire 3 shot + Reduced End (1/2), Does x1 1/2 Knockback, Indirect (Any Origin, Away From Attacker: Can be Dodged but not Blocked), 
Penetrating; +1); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 
[Notes: Haymaker adds +4 DC. Move By subtracts -3 DC's (1/2 STR 25) and adds +1 DC/10". Move Through adds +1 DC/6". 
Replace bonus for movement with VF/2 if using those optional rules. Move By Damage: (20"/VF=6, 9d6/10d6), (15"/VF=5, 8d6/9d6), 
(36"/VF=8, 10d6/11d6) . Move Through Damage: (13d6/13d6), (12d6/12d6), (16d6/14d6).] - END=2
1u	 13) [b][i]Hyper-Uppercut[/i][/b]: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, (Maximum of 30 STR can be combined with HA; +0), Indirect 
(Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 
[Notes: Haymaker adds +4 DC. Move By subtracts -3 DC's (1/2 STR 30) and adds +1 DC/10". Move Through adds +1 DC/6". 
Replace bonus for movement with VF/2 if using those optional rules. Move By Damage: (20"/VF=6, 11d6/12d6), (15"/VF=5, 10d6/11d6), 
(36"/VF=8, 12d6/13d6) . Move Through Damage: (15d6/15d6), (14d6/14d6), (18d6/16d6).] - END=30[/font][/font][/font]
[font=courier][font=Comic Sans MS][font=Verdana][b]POWERS Cost: 267[/b][/font][/font][/font]
[font=courier][font=Comic Sans MS][font=Verdana]
[b][u]Cost[/u] [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
0	 Acting 8-
0	 Climbing 8-
0	 Concealment 8-
0	 Conversation 8-
0	 Deduction 8-
0	 AK: Home country or region 8-
0	 Native Language (idiomatic; Literate)
0	 Paramedics 8-
0	 Persuasion 8-
0	 PS: College Student (Everyman Skill) 11-
0	 Shadowing 8-
0	 Stealth 8-
3	 Scholar
1	 1) KS: Computer Databases 11-
1	 2) KS: Computer Interfaces 11-
1	 SS: Quantum Physics: Higgs Boson 8-
5	 Cramming 8- 
[b]SKILLS Cost: 11[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u] [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
3	 Absolute Range Sense
3	 Absolute Time Sense
3	 Bump Of Direction
6	 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) [Notes: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) Hardened (+1/4) Luck-Based (-1/2) Nonpersistent (-1/4)]
5	 Eidetic Memory [Notes: 5E: Retrocognitive Clairsentience Retrocognition Only (-1) Only For Memorized/Perceived Information (-2) 
or 5ER: +5 to INT Rolls, Only To Recall Memorized/Perceived Information (-2)]
3	 Lightning Calculator
4	 Speed Reading (x10) [Notes: ~15 pages/minute (~5 pages/second with Hyper-Sight, ~25 pages/second with Hyper-Quickness I)]
[b]TALENTS Cost: 27[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u] [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
5	 Accidental Change: to Hyper-Form whenever exposed to any Stimulant (caffeine, chocolate, nicotine, sugar, etc...) 8- (Uncommon)
5	 Accidental Change/Dependence: back to normal form if goes longer than 6 hours without some type of Stimulant 8- (Uncommon)
10	 Dependence: some type of Stimulant (caffeine, chocolate, nicotine, sugar, etc... -30 Active Points from Affected Power (Very Common, 6 Hours)
15	 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Metabolism/Aging attacks (Stun/Body/Effect) (Uncommon; Custom Adder)
5	 Dependent NPC: Skip 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
10	 Susceptibility: Gravity based attacks, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
10	 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic, Campaign Speedster, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10	 Distinctive Features: (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)
15	 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
5	 Social Limitation: Minor: 14 year old kid (Occasionally, Minor)
20	 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hero (Very Common, Strong)
20	 Psychological Limitation: Annoyingly Cheerful (Very Common, Strong)
15	 Psychological Limitation: Young 14 year old kid (Common, Strong)
5	 Unluck: 1d6
[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 150[/b]
Base Pts: 200
Exp Required: 0
Total Exp Available: 0
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 350

[/font][/font][/font]

Hyper-Man

Player:

Val Char Cost
15/40 STR 5
14/27 DEX 12
13/33 CON 6
10/12 BODY 0
13 INT 3
14 EGO 8
10 PRE 0
12 COM 1
8/26 PD 2
8/25 ED 2
3/6 SPD 6
6/15 REC 0
26/66 END 0
25/50 STUN 0
6" RUN02" SWIM03"/36" LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 45

Cost Power END
3 Hyper-Transformation!: Cosmetic Transform 2d6 (standard effect: 6 points); Extra Time (Extra Phase, Delayed Phase, -1), Limited Target ([Limited]; Clothes; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations ("Holy Moly!"; -1/4) [Notes: This is the only "Power" he posseses in his NON-Heroic ID. It can be aborted to but still takes 2 FULL PHASES or effectively a FULL TURN to complete. Example: If aborted to on phase 1, 2, 3 or 4, the transformation completes on phase 8 at a DEX of 7 (1/2 his normal 14) and he will not get to act in Hyper-Form until phase 12. (Based on his SPD 3 normal-form and SPD 6 Hyper-Form).] 1
Hyper-Characteristics, all slots OIHID * (-1/4)
20 1) +25 STR 2
22 2) +13 DEX; No Figured Characteristics (-1/2)
32 3) +20 CON
3 4) +2 BODY
6 5) +8 PD
6 6) +8 ED
24 7) +3 SPD
Hyper-Powers, all slots OIHID * (-1/4)
5 1) Hyper-Regeneration: Healing 1d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2); Extra Time (5 Minutes, -2), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: No Healing Max, 1 Body per time-inteval (see: 5ER p. 187 or 5E p. 120).] 0
12 2) Hyper-Toughness I: Armor (5 PD/5 ED) 0
6 3) Hyper-Toughness II: Damage Resistance (8 PD/8 ED) [Notes: Incorrectly adds to Non-Hyper PD+ED in some characteristic displays.] 0
7 4) Hyper-Toughness III: Life Support (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum) 0
2 5) Hyper-Senses: +1 PER with All Sense Groups 0
2 6) Hyper-Sight: Rapid ( x10) with Normal Sight 0
2 7) Hyper-Hearing: Rapid ( x10) with Normal Hearing 0
80 Hyper-Multipower: Higgs-Boson (Mass & Kinetic Powers), 120-point reserve, all slots OIHID * (-1/4), All Powers in Multipower are Affected by Adjustment Powers as if they were in an Elemental Control !! (-1/4) [Notes: Can use any 2 Ultra Slots in Multipower at same time (All are 60 active points).]
3u 1) Hyper-Quickness I: Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Function as a Sense); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 15- plus +3 Overall Levels; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 6
3u 2) Hyper-Quickness II: Teleportation 10", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, Variable Advantage (+1/4 Advantages; IPE Hearing, Reduced End(1/2 End), Safe Blind Teleport, Usable By Other, Usable Underwater; +1/2); Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 6
2u 3) Hyper-Quickness III: Teleportation 8", Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4), Usable As Attack (defense is having Desolidification, Teleportation, dimensional manipulation, or speedster powers; +1), Area Of Effect (8" Radius; +1 1/4), Selective (+1/4); Limited Power (Only To Disarm/Grab Objects; -1), Must Pass Through Intervening Space (-1/4) 6
4u 4) Hyper-Flight I: Flight 20", x32 Noncombat [Notes: Combat Velocity of ~45 mph, Non-Combat Velocity of ~1440 mph: Bridges gap between Combat maximum and Megascale minimum. The Optional Velocity Factor rules give him a maximum VF of 6 which gives Move By Damage = STR/2 + (VF)d6 and Move Through OCV penalty of -(VF) and Damage = STR + (VF)d6.] 6
4u 5) Hyper-Flight II: Flight 15", Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), IPE Hearing (+1/4), MegaScale 1" = 1 or 10 km (+1/4 or +1/2), No Turn Mode (+1/4), Reduced End (+1/4 or +1/2), Sideways Maneuverability Half Or Full Velocity (+1/4 or +1/2), Usable By Other (+1/4), Usable As Gliding, Running or Swimmng (+1/4).; +1) [Notes: Combat Velocity ~ 34 mph and a VF of 5. MegaScale Minimum Velocity = 500" or ~ 1125 mph, Flat-Out Maximum = 75,000" or ~ 168,750 mph or ~ Mach 225, Sustanable Maximum = ~ Mach 75, Safe Sustanable Maximum ~ Mach 23 or 6 End /phase with No Turn Mode.] 6
3u 6) Hyper-Kinesis I: Leaping +28" (3"/36" forward, 1 1/2"/18" upward) (Accurate), Combat Acceleration/Deceleration (+1/4), Usable By Other (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4); No Noncombat Movement (-1/4) [Notes: Combat Velocity ~ 81 mph, VF of 8.] 2
2u 7) Hyper-Kinesis II: Missile Deflection (Any Ranged Attack), Missile Reflection, Reflect At Any Target, Adjacent Hex (+1/2); Costs Endurance (-1/2), Restrainable (Hands; -1/2) 6
1u 8) Hyper-Kinesis III: FW (12 PD/12 ED); Feedback (-1), Instant (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (Hands; -1/2) [Notes: This is a combination of 'AOE Missle Deflection/Block' and a 'personal Force Field' (Feedback) which stops all Knockback if the FW is not penetrated. Defenses from Combat Luck cannot be combined with this since the FW is defined as using his hands to Block/Deflect attacks. It can be used and still attack with the Indirect Advantaged HA's (Hyper-Strike and Hyper-Uppercut).] 6
3u 9) Hyper-Kinesis IV: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) plus Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4) 6
3u 10) Hyper-Kinesis V: +35 STR; Only For Changing An Object's Momentum (from a Resting or Moving state) (-1), No Figured Characteristics (-1/2) plus Sticky (Affects Whole Solid Objects As Telekinesis; +1/4) for up to 100 Active Points of STR [Notes: If using 75 STR the total End cost is 8=(base 15 STR=1)+(Hyper-STR 25=2)+(Hyper-Kinesis V=5). If using 100 STR with Hyper-Density (1/2 End on up to 75 STR) the total End cost is 7=(75 STR=3)+(+25 STR=2)+(Sticky=2)] 5
3u 11) Hyper-Mass: Density Increase (2,600 kg mass, +25 STR, +5 PD/ED, -5" KB), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) plus Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 75 Active Points of Strength; Linked (Density Increase; -1/2) plus Clinging (normal STR); Linked (Density Increase; -1/2) [Notes: By drawing Mass from his immediate inter-dimensional vicinity (Density) he is able to reduce his personal Inertia (1/2 END on up to 75 STR) and Adhere (Clinging) to objects as a result.] 2
3u 12) Hyper-Strike: Hand-To-Hand Attack +5d6, (Maximum of 25 STR can be combined with HA; +0), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Variable Advantage (+1/2 Advantages; Affects Desolidified, AOE 1 Hex (Can be Blocked but not Dodged), Armor Piercing, Autofire 3 shot + Reduced End (1/2), Does x1 1/2 Knockback, Indirect (Any Origin, Away From Attacker: Can be Dodged but not Blocked), Penetrating; +1); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: Haymaker adds +4 DC. Move By subtracts -3 DC's (1/2 STR 25) and adds +1 DC/10". Move Through adds +1 DC/6". Replace bonus for movement with VF/2 if using those optional rules. Move By Damage: (20"/VF=6, 9d6/10d6), (15"/VF=5, 8d6/9d6), (36"/VF=8, 10d6/11d6) . Move Through Damage: (13d6/13d6), (12d6/12d6), (16d6/14d6).] 2
1u 13) Hyper-Uppercut: Hand-To-Hand Attack +6d6, (Maximum of 30 STR can be combined with HA; +0), Indirect (Same origin, always fired away from attacker; +1/4), Double Knockback (+3/4); Increased Endurance Cost (x5 END; -2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) [Notes: Haymaker adds +4 DC. Move By subtracts -3 DC's (1/2 STR 30) and adds +1 DC/10". Move Through adds +1 DC/6". Replace bonus for movement with VF/2 if using those optional rules. Move By Damage: (20"/VF=6, 11d6/12d6), (15"/VF=5, 10d6/11d6), (36"/VF=8, 12d6/13d6) . Move Through Damage: (15d6/15d6), (14d6/14d6), (18d6/16d6).] 30
Powers Cost: 267

Cost Skill
0 Acting 8-
0 Climbing 8-
0 Concealment 8-
0 Conversation 8-
0 Deduction 8-
0 AK: Home country or region 8-
0 Native Language (idiomatic; Literate)
0 Paramedics 8-
0 Persuasion 8-
0 PS: College Student (Everyman Skill) 11-
0 Shadowing 8-
0 Stealth 8-
3 Scholar
1 1) KS: Computer Databases 11-
1 2) KS: Computer Interfaces 11-
1 SS: Quantum Physics: Higgs Boson 8-
5 Cramming 8-
Skills Cost: 11

Cost Talent
3 Absolute Range Sense
3 Absolute Time Sense
3 Bump Of Direction
6 Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) [Notes: Armor (3 PD/3 ED) Hardened (+1/4) Luck-Based (-1/2) Nonpersistent (-1/4)]
5 Eidetic Memory [Notes: 5E: Retrocognitive Clairsentience Retrocognition Only (-1) Only For Memorized/Perceived Information (-2) or 5ER: +5 to INT Rolls, Only To Recall Memorized/Perceived Information (-2)]
3 Lightning Calculator
4 Speed Reading (x10) [Notes: ~15 pages/minute (~5 pages/second with Hyper-Sight, ~25 pages/second with Hyper-Quickness I)]
Talents Cost: 27

Total Character Cost: 350

Val Disadvantages
5 Accidental Change: to Hyper-Form whenever exposed to any Stimulant (caffeine, chocolate, nicotine, sugar, etc...) 8- (Uncommon)
5 Accidental Change/Dependence: back to normal form if goes longer than 6 hours without some type of Stimulant 8- (Uncommon)
10 Dependence: some type of Stimulant (caffeine, chocolate, nicotine, sugar, etc... -30 Active Points from Affected Power (Very Common, 6 Hours)
15 Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect Metabolism/Aging attacks (Stun/Body/Effect) (Uncommon; Custom Adder)
5 Dependent NPC: Skip 8- (Normal; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills)
10 Susceptibility: Gravity based attacks, 2d6 damage Instant (Uncommon)
10 Rivalry: Professional and Romantic, Campaign Speedster, Rival is As Powerful, Seek to Outdo, Embarrass, or Humiliate Rival, Rival Aware of Rivalry
10 Distinctive Features: (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Virtually Everyone)
15 Social Limitation: Secret Identity (Frequently, Major)
5 Social Limitation: Minor: 14 year old kid (Occasionally, Minor)
20 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hero (Very Common, Strong)
20 Psychological Limitation: Annoyingly Cheerful (Very Common, Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Young 14 year old kid (Common, Strong)
5 Unluck: 1d6

Disadvantage Points: 150

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Look, I know I'm dim, but are you using the teleport to get in position for the move through, so you can come in from odd angles...if so I really don't think you need it if you take position shift and no turn mode on flight you can come in from any angle. Buy flight skill, roll it when you do the move through, and if you do well in an opposed roll against the opponent's perception, you can get a +1 to +3 surprise bonus.

OR, to move away after the move through...I don't think you can do this because it would require the activation of the power after an attack.

OR, in some way, to do the movethrough - which I think is specifically against the rules EVEN WITH the 'has to cross intervening space thing.

I guess what I am saying is I still don't properly see what you use the teleport for (PUN!). What is the concept and what are the intended game effects?

Other than my one blind spot, the character lookls excellent.

Mega scale

I like your application of megascale to strength for throwing distance. Very imaginative.

Not so sure I'd allow the 'can be scaled down' on the hyperflight III. Megascale is a huge advantage (PUN!) and being able to set the level of it would certainly be worth more than +1/4 IMO, if I allowed it at all.

Having a supersense in a MP. Hmmmmm......

Look, I know I'm dim, but are you using the teleport to get in position for the move through, so you can come in from odd angles...if so I really don't think you need it if you take position shift and no turn mode on flight you can come in from any angle. Buy flight skill, roll it when you do the move through, and if you do well in an opposed roll against the opponent's perception, you can get a +1 to +3 surprise bonus.

OR, to move away after the move through...I don't think you can do this because it would require the activation of the power after an attack.

OR, in some way, to do the movethrough - which I think is specifically against the rules EVEN WITH the 'has to cross intervening space thing.

I guess what I am saying is I still don't properly see what you use the teleport for (PUN!). What is the concept and what are the intended game effects?

Other than my one blind spot, the character lookls excellent.

I actually have given up on the "Indirect MoveThrough" concept since it was really just for flashiness more than combat effectiveness.

Regarding the current character build take a look at post #27 (there is a link in my sig) of this thread which is actually the most current. (I quoted it for post #41 before making major changes).

HM

Mega scale

I like your application of megascale to strength for throwing distance. Very imaginative.

Not so sure I'd allow the 'can be scaled down' on the hyperflight III. Megascale is a huge advantage (PUN!) and being able to set the level of it would certainly be worth more than +1/4 IMO, if I allowed it at all.

Having a supersense in a MP. Hmmmmm......

Thanks, not original though. I think I heard about the idea from discussions of the Ultimate Brick.

Can be scaled down to 1" = 1km for Megascale as a (+1/4) advantage has been used for published characters. See Photon from CK&C pg 189.

I dropped the MegaScale flight + sight slot from the post #27 version BUT, the idea is really no different than applying the safe blind teleport advantage to that power and I was applying a heck of lot more active points towards the same goal just for non-combat bragging rights and plot device.

HM

Thanks, not original though. I think I heard about the idea from discussions of the Ultimate Brick.

Can be scaled down to 1" = 1km for Megascale as a (+1/4) advantage has been used for published characters. See Photon from CK&C pg 189.

I dropped the MegaScale flight + sight slot from the post #27 version BUT, the idea is really no different than applying the safe blind teleport advantage to that power and I was applying a heck of lot more active points towards the same goal just for non-combat bragging rights and plot device.

HM

Fair enough. Bragging rights are important.

Re: The Big Blue Cheese!

Okay, I've finally gotten the chance to go over this character with the rule book in front of me. Here's the things that jumped out at me.

3 Hyper-Transformation!

Transform 2d6 Standard Effect[10 active]

Concentration (1/2 DCV)(-1/4) Extra Time: 1 Extra Phase AND Delayed Phase (-1) Incantations (-1/4) Limited Target [clothes + appearance](-1/2)

Hyper-Form Power Word: $ still to be determined

{ This power can be aborted to but still takes 2 FULL PHASES or Effectively a FULL TURN to complete. Example: If aborted to on phase 1, 2, 3 or 4, the Transform completes on phase 8 at a DEX of 7 (1/2 his normal 14) and the character will not get to act in the Hyper-Form until phase 12. (All based on SPD 3 normal / SPD 6 Hyper-Form) }

{ $ Possible Power Words: "Holy Moly!", "Bugaloo!", "Bosonic Powers Activate!", etc... }

What is the reversal condition of the Transform?

2u Hyper-Blink [47]

Teleportation 6"[12 active] Position Shift[5 active] No Relative Velocity[10 active] Safe Blind Teleport(+1/4)[7 active] Variable Advantage[+1/4 Advantages](+1/2)[13 active]

Must Pass Through Intervening Space(-1/4) Restrainable(-1/2) *(-1/4)

[5/2 End]

{ Example Advantages: IPE Hearing, MegaScale, Reduced End, Usable By Other, Usable Underwater }

I'm not sure you should have both MPTIS and Restrainable. If you're grabbed or entangled, you can't pass through the intervening space anyway. In fact, the MPTIS description in the book says that you can't escape Entangles using Teleportation.

4u Hyper-Leap [49]

Leaping +28" (36-38" w/STR)[28 active] Accurate [+5 active] Variable Advantage[+1/4 Advantages](+1/2)[16 active]

*(-1/4)

[5/2 Leap + 4/2/0 STR End]

{ Example Advantages: Combat Acceleration/Deceleration, IPE Hearing Group, Reduced End (1/2 End), Usable By Other }

{ ~ 81-87 mph }

An 18-19" half-move with a SPD 6 is pretty impressive and boardering on speedster territory in my campaign.

4u Hyper-Mass I [50]

Density Increase(+25 STR, -5" Knockback, +5 PD/ED, 3200 kg)[25 active] Costs END Only To Activate(+1/4)[+6 active]

#(-0) *(-1/4)

Plus

Reduced End(1/2 End on up to 75 STR w/Hyper-Strength)(+1/4)[+19 active]

*(-1/4)

[2/0 Density + 3/4 STR End]

Naked Advantages in frameworks are iffy.

4u Hyper-Mass II [50]

50% Physical Damage Reduction(Non-Resistant)[20 active]

Plus Missle Deflection[20 active]

Plus Clinging[10 active]

*(-1/4)

[0 End]

Let me make sure I've got this straight. If you activate both H-MI and II, this character will have 31PD and 50% damage reduction? Wow, that's tough. A 12 DC attack will only do an average of about 5 stun per hit. 14 DC is doing all of 9. I know the DR won't effect Energy Attacks, but he's still got 31 ED as well, for a whopping 11 STUN from 12 DC and 18 from energy. Plus he still gets to attack with 65 STR. What's the average DC for your campaign?

3 Jack of All Trades

3 Linguist

3 Scholar

3 Scientist

3 Traveler

3 Well-Connected

Isn't that basically every Skill Enhancer in the book? I know the concept is that he's a pseudo-genius 16-year old, but you've only given him a 13 INT. Not only that, but how does that explain Traveler & Well-Connected?

Skills

1 Language: American Sign Language (ASL) Fluent Conversation

1 PS: Research Assistant 11-

1 KS: World Geography 11-

2 SS: Physics 12-

1 AK: Local University 11-

1 Perk: Computer Link - Local Law Enforcement

3 Power Skill: Hyper-Powers* 14- (DEX)

Skimpy skill list in my mind, but the concept is that he's only 16. What are his hobbies? Why does a 16-year old have a link to the local police database?

Common Tactics:

Oh, You Want Me To Stand Still and Fight? OK!!

Hyper-Mass I and II ( Density Increase + Damage Reduction )

Hyper-Mass I and Hyper-Strength I or II ( Density Increase + 10 STR for a total of 75 STR @1/2 END )

Both allow better matchups VS. a Traditional Brick .

Especially H-M I & II where a 70 STR brick is only doing an average of 9 STUN per hit.

Get Away From Me!

Hyper-Strength I ( x2 Knockback on 50 STR punch )

Hyper-Strength II ( MegaScale Throwing on 50 STR )

A 50 STR megascaled throw from a standing start will send an average weight foe 10km away! That's a single move that effectively removes any opponent w/out megascale movement from the combat, and that's not even taking into account the falling damage.

I Can Move Like a Butterfly, And Sting Like a Bee!

Any half-move ( Hyper-Blink, Hyper-Flight or Hyper-Leap ) combined with Hyper-Strength II ( AOE: 1 Hex or Armor Piercing on 50 STR punch )

Now that you mention it, 1-Hex accurate with a 9 OCV means you'll be hitting on a 17- regardless of your foe's DCV. The only way they can avoid that is if they get to DFC. Considering this char is SPD 6, 27 DEX, holding an action should be easy for him to do. Then, since he can half-move up to 18", any opposing martial-artists or speedsters are hosed as soon as they act (since they can no longer DFC) unless your campaign builds them way tougher than the one's I've seen in the books.

[snip remaining sheet]

There's a few areas that would cause me concern (outlined above) and would probably not fly at all in my campaign (especially that megascaled throw & the 9 OCV/1 hex accurate combo).

Other than what's above, however, the character seems pretty solid. Also, keep in mind that I know nothing about the campaign that this character was designed for. So, depending on your campaign limits, that could invalidate any or all of what I've said.

Re: The Big Blue Cheese!

Okay, I've finally gotten the chance to go over this character with the rule book in front of me. Here's the things that jumped out at me.

What is the reversal condition of the Transform?

saying either the same or some corresponding catch phrase. (freak-out, freak-in ?!?)

I'm not sure you should have both MPTIS and Restrainable. If you're grabbed or entangled, you can't pass through the intervening space anyway. In fact, the MPTIS description in the book says that you can't escape Entangles using Teleportation.
you're right on this one. I just don't understand why MPTIS is not also listed as a (-1/2) limitation like Restrainable. I will change this.

An 18-19" half-move with a SPD 6 is pretty impressive and boardering on speedster territory in my campaign.

The campaign he is designed for will probably have a more traditional "Flash" type around with stats around 33+ DEX, SPD 7 or 8, and 30+ " Running. The leaping distance represents raw power but is not suitable for crowded situations (innocent civilians for instance).

Naked Advantages in frameworks are iffy.

I agree, that is why I am asking for feedback. Seriously though, the power set is pretty restrictive and I don't see the actual Multipower Resever getting increased for a long time. The same goes for new slots besides those mentioned at the bottom as possible additions. More on this later...

Let me make sure I've got this straight. If you activate both H-MI and II, this character will have 31PD and 50% damage reduction? Wow, that's tough. A 12 DC attack will only do an average of about 5 stun per hit. 14 DC is doing all of 9. I know the DR won't effect Energy Attacks, but he's still got 31 ED as well, for a whopping 11 STUN from 12 DC and 18 from energy. Plus he still gets to attack with 65 STR. What's the average DC for your campaign?

I admit that this could be abusive IF the character were played as a calculating combat monster. That particular combo is really one of the options of last resort since it limits his movement back down to a relatively normal 8" leap which combined with his Impatience and Code of the Hero makes it very unlikely that he would stay in that combo very long.

Isn't that basically every Skill Enhancer in the book? I know the concept is that he's a pseudo-genius 16-year old, but you've only given him a 13 INT. Not only that, but how does that explain Traveler & Well-Connected?
:)

Actually, my gaming groups are rather small usually (3-4 players max) and I wanted to give the character a clear direction of expansion that does not obviously increase his combat potential. Traveler and Well connected represent other aspects of his eiditic memory. Well connected in the sense that, although he does not have a high presense or any "interaction" skills, he does remember useful tidbits of info in almost ALL situations. If another player had a concept that had any of these enhancers I would have no issues with dropping those and spending the points on more actual skills. I am actually presenting here an extreme example of what I might submit to a GM.

Skimpy skill list in my mind, but the concept is that he's only 16. What are his hobbies? Why does a 16-year old have a link to the local police database?

I have played with the orfan idea and throwing in an obsession to find his parents or what happened to them. This would depend heavily on whether a GM would want to deal with that type of disadvantage. The link I was imagining was actually something as simple as knowing a local police officer and memorizing his computer login info. I might still remove this and skim a few other points to just give him 1 Overall Level instead.

Especially H-M I & II where a 70 STR brick is only doing an average of 9 STUN per hit.
I kind of looked at Durak from CK&C as a baseline opponent (who would also get kicked up a notch with the addition of a few brick tricks). Howerver, Durak is equally as tough against almost all opponents. My character has no lack of weakness, only 3 points of hardened defenses and half the resistant defenses. Mass and Momentum Control should allow him to deal with a brick straight up at the expense of doing anything else. Vs. 30 PD I would only average 15.5 stun with a 13d6 punch and not have access to other more tactical powersets. In a way he is setup like Ultra-boy from Legion.

A 50 STR megascaled throw from a standing start will send an average weight foe 10km away! That's a single move that effectively removes any opponent w/out megascale movement from the combat, and that's not even taking into account the falling damage.

I just recently bought a copy of The Ultimate Brick and after looking at the alternative throwing rules decided to remove that particular advantage since with the alternative rules it is no longer necessary to have megascale to throw something long distances. It suggests a long distance throw manuever that takes an extra phase like a haymaker.

Now that you mention it, 1-Hex accurate with a 9 OCV means you'll be hitting on a 17- regardless of your foe's DCV. The only way they can avoid that is if they get to DFC. Considering this char is SPD 6, 27 DEX, holding an action should be easy for him to do. Then, since he can half-move up to 18", any opposing martial-artists or speedsters are hosed as soon as they act (since they can no longer DFC) unless your campaign builds them way tougher than the one's I've seen in the books.
Yes, it looks powerful. However, the attack is only 10d6, costs 9 End and if combined with Hyper-Leap as you described, puts his defenses at 26/25 PD/ED. Not a fight finisher or very repeatable manuever IMO. Also, if the (-0) accurate limitation is added the manuever is dodgeable (minimum 6-8 DCV), if not it affects ALL targets in a hex and is not usefull in hostage situations.

[snip remaining sheet]

There's a few areas that would cause me concern (outlined above) and would probably not fly at all in my campaign (especially that megascaled throw & the 9 OCV/1 hex accurate combo).

Other than what's above, however, the character seems pretty solid. Also, keep in mind that I know nothing about the campaign that this character was designed for. So, depending on your campaign limits, that could invalidate any or all of what I've said.

Thanks for taking a detailed look and posting your coments.

I plan on playing this character very fast and loose. Based on the idea that he just recently got the ability to transform into a superhero he doesn't have a good reason to have any true skill with combat. I wanted the nature of his powers to provide that in a more creative way than just high CV, Defenses and STR. The original (and technically illegal*) teleport/indirect/movethrough maneuver I had envisioned as part of this concept is what inspired this thread in the first place.

*Accorcing to an expanded description of the Fastball Special in Ultimate Brick, an indirect movethrough via Teleport is possible IF the character is initially thrown at the target by someone else. He just can't be in control of a leap AND teleport in the same phase. Seems a little arbritary to me that there is no way around this particular rule with some type of adder or advantage.

HM