Creepy Pics.

Mightybec

Re: Creepy Pics.

I haven't been too impressed by Lobster either. But I would be kind of surprised if no culture has eaten them. I mean really... Some people eat Sea cucumbers and jellyfish. :sick::winkgrin:

That would be my guess. And I'd also guess it would taste pretty nasty, so that means lobster. ;)

-AA

I haven't been too impressed by Lobster either. But I would be kind of surprised if no culture has eaten them. I mean really... Some people eat Sea cucumbers and jellyfish. :sick::winkgrin:

I had lobster once, on for my wedding dinner a long time ago. I remember that is tasted basically like fish, yet it was much richer in flavor and the meat was more dense. The best comparison I can think of is like cheesecake is to regular cake.

I didn't see what the big deal was, either. My guess is it's more expensive because you have to keep the lobster alive until you cook it. At least, that's the way it used to be. I don't know what technology has done for delivering lobster meat to the common comsumer. I remember my mom told me she bought a live lobster to cook at home. I wasn't there, but she said, and my brothers backed her up on this, the lobster screamed when she put it in the boiling water. Freaked her out, and she never ate lobster again, much less attempted to cook one.

Mags

yes they do scream. Supposedly putting them in cold water and gradually heating it up will avoid this.

I'll stick with Crab, thank you. Or shrimp.

I had lobster once, on for my wedding dinner a long time ago. I remember that is tasted basically like fish, yet it was much richer in flavor and the meat was more dense. The best comparison I can think of is like cheesecake is to regular cake.

I didn't see what the big deal was, either. My guess is it's more expensive because you have to keep the lobster alive until you cook it. At least, that's the way it used to be. I don't know what technology has done for delivering lobster meat to the common comsumer. I remember my mom told me she bought a live lobster to cook at home. I wasn't there, but she said, and my brothers backed her up on this, the lobster screamed when she put it in the boiling water. Freaked her out, and she never ate lobster again, much less attempted to cook one.

Mags

yes they do scream. Supposedly putting them in cold water and gradually heating it up will avoid this.

I'll stick with Crab, thank you. Or shrimp.

I think my mother didn't know this. I wish she did... her life was tough enough already. Damn, I miss her.

May she rest in peace.

Mags

Mightybec, you should add your old clown avatar to this thread. That one creeped me out, big time... and I don't even have a thing against clowns! :D

Speaking of clowns, there was an art show here in Portland recently that involved all kinds of theme paintings with death and clowns. Skulls with clown hair and a Bozo-red-bulb noses and such. I wish I scanned one of the pics to show you guys.. they were bizarre in the extreme.

Mags

Actually he should add Mentos Jesus to this thread.

• 1 month later...