Creepy Pics.

Mightybec

No, I think Creepy works just fine here...*shudders*

I thought it was kind of funny when Shakespeare did it.....

Lucius Alexander

the palindromedary supposes this is  a horse of a different color, and suggests that Shakespeare probably covered his ass better

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ugh.  Macro photography is HARD.  really hard.  I saw this beautiful Bold Jumping Spider (seriously, Bold is part of the name) on my stairs.  Big as a dime, which is a lot when you aren't padding out your size with spindly legs. Anyway, I tried taking his picture, and I could. not. get. him. focused. 

Sorry for the moaning.  I'm sharing the pictures anyway.

post-894-0-03289400-1434240865_thumb.jpg

post-894-0-76285900-1434240874_thumb.jpg

Ugh.  Macro photography is HARD.  really hard.  I saw this beautiful Bold Jumping Spider (seriously, Bold is part of the name) on my stairs.  Big as a dime, which is a lot when you aren't padding out your size with spindly legs. Anyway, I tried taking his picture, and I could. not. get. him. focused. 

Yeah, you need more depth of field and lots of light.

Or a digital SLR with a macro lens. :)

I also tend to use a tripod when I take macro photographs. The stability really helps keep down the blur.

I've been thinking of running a Monster Hunter International game set in Japan.

I'll have to include some giant hornets. Hm.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary doubts I'll actually run that game at all. Some things are just too silly....

I thought you were joking. Amazon search for "Bussell" has "But... You're a Horse" as the top result and has that cover. Published Dec 1, 2014. Am not opening the page. The thought of a Look Inside gives me the heeby-jeepies. :jawdrop:

Brain bleach anyone?

and mental floss. 

Talk about SAN loss!!!

The Oatmeal's reaction to those hornets.

GKVJpVW.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_giant_hornet

I remember at Basic Training at FT Jackson, we saw one of these on the range. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutillidae

None of us knew what it was, but we figured if it was anything like the tiny little "fire ants" scaled up, we wanted it dead.   Somebody stepped on it.   All that did was drive it into the sand!.    

• 2 weeks later...