What do you want to play?

Guest C_Zeree

Guest C_Zeree

Although I am sure people are playing Fantasy Hero now, I was wondering when the actual books come out if any were going to start up new campaigns.

If you were going to start up a new game, or are currently in a game what style of FH do you, or would you want to play?

I would enjoy playing a Planescape style game. It need not be set in the exact setting, but the multitude of planes that could be traveled to, the flavor of inhabitants, and the high fantasy of it appeal to me.

Another would be a Mage: Sorcerer’s Crusade style game. Cosmic Magic VPP, who could ask for more.

Final style would be a renaissance and Age of Exploration game. Exploring new lands, characters full of bravado, and veiled plots behind the scenes. A Mage game like this would really be highly appealing.

Enjoy the day

At first I think I will use the standards out of the book and a generic world, maybe one form a book that isn’t set up for any one system, like Raymond E. Feist’s Midkemia. Later if I can get others interested, my own world that I’m developing Telsendalay.

I will play/run a game that combines elements of fantasy and star hero, kinda like Star Wars but with more normal fantasy races and humans will actually be a minority in the game. It will have magic and cybernetics and gem magic (actually a major part which is why I am so happy that many have worked on some of them in the other thread) and psionics perhaps, with spaceships of normal tech and then spaceships of magic tech, probably powered by powerful gems or matrices that fuel the ship...something like that.

I run my group's Fantasy game.

But what I would want to PLAY?

I would want to play a radical elf of some mystical acumen dealing with the court politics of all of FEY.

I want to play an ex-gladiator who hates fighting and yet is pressed into service for a damn good cause.

I want to play a elven monk, hell on wheels, who is in a world that is

1 part John Carter of Mars/Tarzan...lost cities, jungles, beautiful princesses, dinosaurs,,

1 part Conan (lfe is brutal, cheap and civilization is rare),

1 part: Magic the gathering, with its many factions, great mosnters and cool locales.

1 part , i dunno, social and cultural ritual have real meaning, real power. Gods do sometimes answer.. not that we always like the answer. Just a very pulp, ton of imagination set up for us around the next hill. That there would be roleplaying in being of a certain caste or from a certain country.

The last campaign that would have a ton of weird and imagination, yet still be coherent... a very tall order.

Originally posted by Storn

... in a world that is

1 part John Carter of Mars/Tarzan...lost cities, jungles, beautiful princesses, dinosaurs,,

1 part Conan (lfe is brutal, cheap and civilization is rare),

1 part: Magic the gathering, with its many factions, great mosnters and cool locales.

1 part , i dunno, social and cultural ritual have real meaning, real power. Gods do sometimes answer.. not that we always like the answer. Just a very pulp, ton of imagination set up for us around the next hill. That there would be roleplaying in being of a certain caste or from a certain country.

The last campaign that would have a ton of weird and imagination, yet still be coherent... a very tall order.

You've just described my campaign world. :)

Keith "Ton of Weird" Curtis

if this is just a thread on what I want to play, then here is what I WANT to play:

something like Torg.

something like Exalted.

something like Final Fantasy.

something like Mechwarrior.

something like Conan. (the savagry of Conan, as listed above).

something like...something with lots of races. :D

and all mixed together in one.....big.....bang of a campaign.

That is what I would like to play in.