.44 desert eagle to your [expletive] dome

a character in our campaign has a .44 desert eagle, but bought it as a multipower because he is an inventor and has invented different types of ammo for his guns. Each slot it a different clip of ammo (obviously bought with charges).

because he bought it as a multipower, our gm ruled (GM discresion) that he couldn't have a second one for 5 points.

So now the player wants to buy a second gun as another multipower, but use the same clips as the first gun. (If he has the double-knockback bullets in gun A, he can't have them in gun B). How would this be build, or what sort of limitation can he put on the second multipower that "uses same charges as other multipower?"

Thanks,

Re: .44 desert eagle to your [expletive] dome

I can't think of any way under the current build but...

If he's allowed to reconcstruct the gun, the following requires GM permission.

Buy the gun strait, it uses normal rounds this way.

But all the specialty rounds as Naked Advantages inside a MP, using charges - each Clip of specialty round has it's own number of charges.

This is where GM permission comes in, being able to use the Naked Advantage Multipower on a Power outside the Multipower .. I'm not completely sure it's book legal and even if it should be oh so carefully scrutinized...

Even under this construct I would not allow the player to buy a second base level gun (normal rounds) at the +5 level, I'd make him purchase the power again since you now want the MP to affect two powers (even if they are identical). This way the charges on the specialty rounds works in both weapons but is still limited by the charges they have.

Example:

The Gun: the .44 as listed in the book, 2D6RKA.. 37 Active Points

The Clips:

Multipower 37 Point Reserve [this allows a clip to be upto +1 worth of advantage]

1u) Armor Peircing: [19AP], 8 Charges [12RP] = Slot Cost 1 Pt.

2u) Penetrating: [19AP], 8 Charges [12RP] = Slot Cost 1 pt.

etc.

You don't get a savings on the gun itself this way.. but you can use the same clip on two different guns - as long as the clips fit both guns.