Robot Warriors to Hero System Fifth Edition massively updated

Chris Goodwin

Re: Robot Warriors to Hero System Fifth Edition massively updated

Archer that is the BOMB!

I especially like the part where it says "This should go without saying, but a copy of Robot Warriors is necessary in order to use these rules." Could I bother you to add a link to our Online Store for the PDF? Please?

Thanks, everyone. :D

Ben, I'd be happy to. Do you just want a link to the store, or is there a link to go straight to the RW PDF? Edit: I put a link to the store in. If there's a different link you want me to use, PM me with it and I'll put it right in.

NSG: Someone's got to. :D

I'm waiting for Steve to apoint Archer to do a Mecha Hero sub-genra book, and prehaps a Vehical Soursebook 2: The Big Popup Book Of Mecha (including updates on all the mecha which appeares in both Robot Wariors and Robot Gladiators).

I'm waiting for Steve to apoint Archer to do a Mecha Hero sub-genra book' date=' and prehaps a Vehical Soursebook 2: The Big Popup Book Of Mecha (including updates on all the mecha which appeares in both Robot Wariors and Robot Gladiators).[/quote']

Ummm.... I'm guessing that either Michael Surbrook or Nu Soard Graphite would be better choices for Mecha Hero, and one of them or Bob Greenwade for the Big Book O' Mecha. Though if he wanted to publish the mecha design rules from RW for fifth edition, and/or a Big Book O' RW Mecha, I'm your man. ;)

(Incidentally, even more editing has been going on on the document all day. In fact, if you want to just get the document all at once with all of the day's updates, your best bet is to try at like 3 in the morning when I'm asleep!)

• 3 weeks later...

For the strictly hypothetical "Robot Warriors, Second Edition" backward compatibility is not important at all. But I realized that while forward compatibility is desirable, forward compatibility with a minimum of fuss is more like what I was looking for.

Just a thought: the electronics (sensors' date=' commo) seem too big. Maybe they should be the same size as weapons as proportional to their point values? Backward compatability just ain't that important.[/quote']

Oh -- and keeping the same proportion of size to points as is used for weapons ends up meaning that most sensors are in the .008 Mass Units range. Unworkable, IMO.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Major Tom

What can one say to someone who's done such a fantastic job at converting

an "Old School" genre book like Robot Warriors to "New School" format?

Something like this:

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

Thanks, Archer.

Major Tom :cool:

• 7 years later...

Putting the "romance" in "thread necromancy" since 2004...

Thought I'd just attach the file here because I'm having some... issues.

It's a zipped HTML file. Download it, unzip it, double-click and it should open in your browser.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I haven't played since 3055. So I'm not enlightened about the Dark Ages. (I just couldn't resist) And even then not so much. When my daughter and me played, I stick with 3025. One of these days though, I might try to write up some omnimechs just using Inner Sphere tech. And see if if the Omnis aren't so overly powerful.

Shadowcat you wouldn't per chance have a scan of the old Citytech or Battletech? Its the wespons list which is so small on my compendium make smy eyes squint.