Gun Fu

Shikarr

Re: Gun Fu

Question for the Gallery. After having finally watched the movie Equilibrium ' date=' I am questioning how to actually write up Gun Fu. Obviously a standard Martial Art but one with range and such. Anybody want to make a go of it or has already and willing to share?[/quote']

The good people at Hero have already done the write up for Gun Fu in the Ultimate Martial Artist. Some good stuff in there.

Besides Zen Riflery in UMA, you'll be able to find a big, fat, juicy pile of additional gun tricks and other "super-skills" in Dark Champions when it's released in a couple weeks. I've had ideas for a few more since then (including at least one specifically designed to simulate something I saw in Equilibrium -- every good action movie I see, and even some bad ones, seem to contain at least one "trick" worth writing up), which I'll write up for DH, or maybe for a freebie handout or something.

Besides Zen Riflery in UMA' date=' you'll be able to find a big, fat, juicy pile of additional gun tricks and other "super-skills" in [i']Dark Champions[/i] when it's released in a couple weeks. I've had ideas for a few more since then (including at least one specifically designed to simulate something I saw in Equilibrium -- every good action movie I see, and even some bad ones, seem to contain at least one "trick" worth writing up), which I'll write up for DH, or maybe for a freebie handout or something.

. . . I need Dark Champions . . . So bad . . .

Am debating about ordering online or having a buddy who is going to GenCon and have him buy it from the HERO guys on scene??

I would definitely go the GenCon route, were I you. ;) For one thing, it's a big help to us to cover our con costs. ;) But you'll likely get it quicker, we can autograph it for you if you like, and we might even have a free DC handout (if I have time to work on it...) for every copy purchased. :bmk:

Guest bblackmoor

But you'll likely get it quicker' date=' we can autograph it for you if you like, and we might even have a free DC handout[/quote']

The only thing I miss about GenCon is the sweet, sweet swag. Ah, well...

Pre-UMA, I've got 2 varieties of Gun-Fu in my game. One player wrote up his own package for martial arts with guns, incorporating the typical OCV and DC bonuses. And my character Lucretia, who has a rule against carrying weaponry, has 2 realted packages; #1 is a half dozen disarm and takeaway techniques for use on thugs with a neat little "reflection" feature only usable with no range (for causing a foe to shoot someone else) and #2 is a group of AP and Damage bonuses bought as "Naked" so they can be applied to any gun up to 2D6K in damage that she might acquire by using her takeaway skills.

It's fun, because she walks into a den of armed thugs, is patted down and has no weapons, but she's still the most dangerous person in the room if anyone else is carrying a gun.

Well if you wanted to build a full Tetragrammaton cleric with gun kata.

You probably should start with

Skills

Defensive maneuver IV

Fast draw

Acrobatics

Analyze gunfight

Analyze HTH style

Break fall

Two-handed weapon range

Two handed weapon HTH (pointblank firearms and melee ie swords, truncheons or pistolwhipping)

Weapon familiarity small arms common melee weapons

combat skill levels dcv

Maybe dcv with the limit only in gun fights against multiple opponents.

Some ocv for superior accuracy

Talents

Ambidextrous

Combat sense

Combat luck

Lightning reflexes with firearms?

Powers

A vpp to cover firearms?

Or lots of naked advantages

Area effect, auto fire, Armour piercing

Find weakness

Oh and mental defense.

Finally a martial art including and long range with pistols and long arms as weapons elements. HTH with the above and clubs and blades as well

Guest Worldmaker

I think my favorite so far is the Corridor of Death. :D

As for Gun Fu, I've got a version I call John Woojitsu that I'm willing to share if anyone is interested. It became redundant when the UMA included Zen Riflery, but its still a not bad writeup.

The only thing I miss about GenCon is the sweet' date=' sweet swag. Ah, well...[/quote']

Me also...I don't have to cash to hall my fat arsh to Illinoies. And I miss not haveing it in Milwaukee.

Yes, we HAVE Gamefest, Milwaukee, and with it, Hadies Pro (the anime people) and The Great Luke Ski, but it is not the same without a few thousand of your closest friends around you. And it is not the same without an eniter floor dedicated to the dealer's room, as opose to a corner pushed way back.