Bazza

The Last Word

An aggravated pinched nerve in my neck that is causing left shoulder & arm to spasm whilst nerves down the arm & hand to light up like a Christmas tree. This is week 4. So far I've had 2 weeks off work with medical certificates. 

Tried that. That was the two weeks of medical certificates covered the time off work taking one lot of  antiinflammatories, before the GP suggested a stronger antiinflammatory pill for 5 days. That worked for the most part. 

I had something similar recently, one doc gave me nerve deadening meds.  My family doc when I saw her a few weeks later said it sounds like Carpal Tunnel syndrome, she told me to wear a wrist guard overnight and the numbness has virtually disappeared.

I've had RSI issues, though in my shoulder.  Adjusting the height of my chair helped, as did going to a thumbball mouse.  Took a few weeks, but it cleared up with only over-the-counter anti inflammatories (mind you, prescription ones are pretty much out of consideration; if I so much as look at a bottle of naproxen sodium tablets, I get an ulcer).  But ... unless I go on a real jag of 10 hours a day in that work seat for a week or more, I don't have those issues any more.

6 hours ago, Cancer said:

I've had RSI issues, though in my shoulder.  Adjusting the height of my chair helped, as did going to a thumbball mouse.  Took a few weeks, but it cleared up with only over-the-counter anti inflammatories (mind you, prescription ones are pretty much out of consideration; if I so much as look at a bottle of naproxen sodium tablets, I get an ulcer).  But ... unless I go on a real jag of 10 hours a day in that work seat for a week or more, I don't have those issues any more.

The GP first prescribed naproxen and about a week later Prednisone for a 5-day course. The later one worked better. But I'm still having it, so I guess I just gotta wait it out for another 3-8 weeks. 

Im happy the naproxen worked for you, as that gives me hope.