The Last Word

Bazza

Mathematicians No Longer Stumped By The Number 3

https://apple.news/AVawF42qHStaJ0j3MSf8CNg

“Just on the heels of finding three cubed numbers that sum to 42, scientists have passed another important milestone by finding three enormous cubes that sum to 3. [...]

5699368212219623807203 + (-569936821113563493509)3 + (-472715493453327032)3 = 3 [...]

3 only has two trivial solutions: 13+13+13 and 43+43+(-5)3.”

It is possible, perhaps even likely, that the structure I was born in, like so many other personally important places, no longer stands.  The hospital still exists, but Mom said quite some time back that building wasn't there any more.

Other structures from my personal history still exist, but the organizations which occupied some of those structures at that time are long gone.  

34 minutes ago, Bazza said:

The title is wrong; it should be The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers. It aired in the 80s; I liked it.

10 hours ago, Cancer said:

It is possible, perhaps even likely, that the structure I was born in, like so many other personally important places, no longer stands.  The hospital still exists, but Mom said quite some time back that building wasn't there any more.

Other structures from my personal history still exist, but the organizations which occupied some of those structures at that time are long gone.  

I was born in the old hospital on Strömnäs, built in 1915. Us four brothers were all born there, I think, but our sister was born in the newer wing. The old body, that I remember as stone-built with a yellow plaster facade, was torn down in -95. The gate still stands, as a memorial.

Not necessarily.

E.G.: Always score 20+ points better than equally able people on standardized tests.  

I had that (of course the last standardized tests I took were in 1977, so who knows if it's true any more).  Couldn't control it.  Suggesting that's a medical condition would get some annoyed looks.  But as a superpower, it's up there with Finds Small Change Under Seat Cushions Boy.

On 9/16/2019 at 5:31 PM, Bazza said:

20 Greatest Movie Kisses of All Time

https://www.thecinemaholic.com/top-movie-kisses/

I'm glad the included The Princess Bride in that list. With all the movie kisses out there, there have been five that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.

On September 28, 2019 at 5:46 AM, Bazza said:

Ummm ... black holes are intrinsically a relativistic effect, one that Newtonian formulation cannot replicate.  There are other phenomena which Newtonian gravity can't get right.  Black holes were latecomers to the "Newton's gravitation doesn't work" parade.