The Last Word

Bazza

As an example, consider the Duplessis Orphans. One of the doctors involved also worked with CIA on its mind control program, evaluated Hess, was director of an institute funded in part by Rockefeller Foundation. 

The more ore you dig/research the further you start seeing these connections pop up. 

I had to look up Ravenloft (to see what it was about; I had heard of it, obviously, but never looked at it).  I don't usually purchase game settings; too often those build on published game-world cosmologies that seem predictable and lame to me.  Additionally the setting is more unappealing than usual, because in general I strongly dislike both horror as a genre and crapsack worlds as a phenomenon (at least in high fantasy campaigns).  I tend to think of both of them (and more to the point, people who choose to run them) as indicative of the sort of personality disorder that leads to the phenomenon of pulling the wings off flies.

So in general I play neither of them, partly because I play RPGs for escape; the real world has too many elements of both, which I'm sure was Bazza's point.

"Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?"