Tremors Hero ....Well somebody was gonna bring it up

Thag13

Well what did Herodom think of SCI FI new show.

For the most part I liked it. I think Tremors the series has potential for a fun hour long time waster...it may not be Babylon 5, but it could be fun to watch each week.

So, does anyone have Character sheets done for Burt Gummer and the GRaboids yet???

I plan on working Tremors in on my Sliders game. it could be a great crossover....

Guest AGLAR

My opinion

I don't see how they can keep this one trick pony going for an entire series. I loved the first and third movies, but I do not think it has legs to survive. :(

Just my .02 cents....

Re: My opinion

Originally posted by AGLAR

I don't see how they can keep this one trick pony going for an entire series. I loved the first and third movies, but I do not think it has legs to survive. :(

Just my .02 cents....

Well, I distinctly recall thinking

"A girl killing vampires. It was an amusing movie, but I don't think it will last as a series."

It's a matter of finding branches that lead way from the one trick while remaining thematically linked.

Re: My opinion

Originally posted by AGLAR

Just my .02 cents....

If you saw the first two shows, they set the groundwork as to how it is possible to do it as a series. Some of it was silly, but eh, you haveta allow for it for it to work.

Graboids are an endangered species so you CANNOT kill them.

Apparently a tenuous agreement has been set up between the government and the residences in Perfection that they know, understand and abide by various guidelines to continue living there.

The second episode had a mutated bacterial cloud that roamed out of the 'secret lab' and all over the valley. This cloud shed the MixMaster formula which was used to combine DNA of various animals easily (aka the Graboid). The natural boundaries will stop the infestation for spreading but in the valley there will be an unending supply of other critters besides Graboids, Shriekers and Ass Blasters for them to deal with.

Besides, Mr. Keaton with a BFG is all the reason I need to watch. ;)

Originally posted by Shadowpup

So if they're dangerous and you can't kill them, what do you do with them?>

You learn to co-exist with them. Ol' Burt has studied the Graboids - El Blanco to give him an exact name. They have learned where he likes to move, where he doesn't and so on. They have also developed the Wrist-sciso which is a watch sized device that detects 'earth tremors' ala the approaching worm. You just stand still, wait for him to pass and then move on.

Guest AGLAR

Re: Re: My opinion

Originally posted by Armitage

Well, I distinctly recall thinking

"A girl killing vampires. It was an amusing movie, but I don't think it will last as a series."

It's a matter of finding branches that lead way from the one trick while remaining thematically linked.

Good point. I will watch tonight and see if the series can develope some legs. A couple of episodes is hardly a fair test...

Guest AGLAR

7 of 9 ism!!! (SPOILER)

I watched last night's episode. I must say that I am disappointed that they reached for the "pretty woman in the wet t-shirt" ploy to dazzle the minds of their stupid male viewers.

Those were nice breasts, but eye candy alone doesn't make a good show IMO. They need to hire some writers, not hotties.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MarkusDark

Is it me or does it look like that Michael Gross is really trying to carry the entire cast on the TV series?

Well, he's been playing Burt Gummer for 13 years now. It's only natural that he would give a better performance than actors who are still developing their characters.

He's even playing his character's ancestor in the 1800's prequel movie Tremors 4.

Originally posted by Armitage

Well, he's been playing Burt Gummer for 13 years now. It's only natural that he would give a better performance than actors who are still developing their characters.

He's even playing his character's ancestor in the 1800's prequel movie Tremors 4.

Wha??? Tremors 4? And prequel??? OMG. Oh well, if it sells, they'll produce it.